Prayut appeals to the 20 richest Thais for help

snoop1130

"Prayut said he will next week write an open letter to the 20 tycoons, asking for help in efforts to tackle the pandemic, which he said has become a deadly threat to people’s health and economic wellbeing."

How about you write the letter today and hand deliver it this evening, instead of watching reruns of Happy Days, thinking you are the Fonz...

Your people do not have the luxury of waiting a weekend...

15 minutes ago in Chiang Mai.

Edited by DLock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

The owner is one of the richest people in the country yet Bangkok Airways are asking the government for billions of Baht in a bailout package? 

Taken a leaf out the Richard Branson book of 'How to be virgin on the extremely greedy'

20 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Hold on for a moment.

If the country are so rich, has so much reserves as we been told times after times, and the virus are on a downward trend why the need to Beg the 20 richest families for "resources" also known as money?

Can't afford to pay 5k for three months, rush open society 1 May, against the trends of many countries who extend lockdown, a lot doesn't make sense here.

I already disabled my western logic and common sense, still I look like this

web-puzzled-man-scratching-head-retro-everett-collection-shutterstock_91956314.j.jpg

do not look for logic here but you know he just bought submarine no 2 so that keeps him back a bit, hence asking the filthy ritch 20 for assistance

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said he will next week write an open letter to the 20 tycoons, asking for help in efforts to tackle the pandemic, which he said has become a deadly threat to people’s health and economic wellbeing.

We need to come together to devise ways for the richest to profit from the "Pandemic". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Hold on for a moment.

If the country are so rich, has so much reserves as we been told times after times, and the virus are on a downward trend why the need to Beg the 20 richest families for "resources" also known as money?

Can't afford to pay 5k for three months, rush open society 1 May, against the trends of many countries who extend lockdown, a lot doesn't make sense here.

I already disabled my western logic and common sense, still I look like this

web-puzzled-man-scratching-head-retro-everett-collection-shutterstock_91956314.j.jpg

If the are smart then they for sure will get back with interest....

20 hours ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Wrong.  Thaksin tried to bribe the rural population in exchange for their votes.  Most of them are modest land owners by the way, so not really poor, the people in high rise apartments in BKK are looking fairly poor at the moment.

In 2019 The State spent over 70 billion Baht to to provide healthcare for around 6 million civil servants ( = 12,000 baht per head), whereas it spent 163 billion Baht on  [1] the Universal Health Care Scheme (where The UHC Scheme benefits those who are not covered by the civil servant welfare fund, or the Social Security Fund (SSF) or private health insurance) and also on [2] the SSF for 14 million workers, ( = 3,400 baht per head for 62 million people).

The UHC Scheme is a tweaked version of the 30-Baht-Scheme introduced by Thaksin in 2002.

--  In recent years, General Prayut has accused the UHC of being "a financial burden to the Government".

• Like 2

I have to say this. If I had a great deal of money, now would be the time to do something to help their people! 

I do not think they will, I have seen to much poverty here for a long time! I have 40 years knowledge of Thailand! I first came here in 1972 for a tough year during the war! Have seen no such efforts!

• Like 1

The PM is worried about the loss in revenue from departure tax at airport 800 Baht x 100 people in plane = 80,000 - Approx 2 planes take off each minute 160,000 Baht - 60 minutes = 10 million baht for an hour x 24hrs = 240 million baht tax revenue for 1 day - Not available because of lockdown - may have to trim defence budget ha ha ha 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnarth said:

why do not all counties affected put the cost on China they were the ones that deliberately caused this outbreak so they should pay, no ifs or buts, China waged war they should pay can not put it any clearer than that

There is a moral case for that , possibly at some stage the likes of the USA and the EEC will try to get compensation from China.

The problem is that Beijing will simply say no , end of story.

Nobody will go to war over it and how many economies will be robust enough to impose trade embargos.

As for Thailand , its already in Chinas pocket , som nam na !

• Like 1

What the <deleted>, it's another misunderstanding from Prayut. Given that they are speaking the same language it beggars belief.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is not seeking donations from tycoons — he merely wants to see cooperation in fighting the coronavirus outbreak and reviving the economy, say a deputy prime minister and the government spokeswoman.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Saturday that some social media users had distorted his message, making it sound like he was asking them for money.

“I don’t know who these 20 people are. I only check the content to be put in the letter," he said.“The government will not send the letters asking for money. Let’s wait to see what’s inside them. But I can assure you we’re no begging for money. Everything will be clearer next week because the prime minister will check the detail himself."

14 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Why dont they become Thailand Vlogers. Jesus, what a Buch O Bums Thais tollerate. Money for Nothing Scum.

Tolerated because they have the tanks and the guns!

On 4/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, BeltAndRoad said:

do you have any statistics of elderly or handicapped not being looked after?

Life expectancy Thailand 76.68 yrs......... UK 81.16 yrs Australia 82.5  yrs........ yeah theyre  doing so well  in Thailand arent  they

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

I paid so much tax here ... and saw squat of it being put into any system whatso ever so stopped and went IMM - O

Don't feel too bad, the snouts at the trough really appreciated it!

• Haha 1

Just goes to show what a bunch of incompetent people we have trying to run the country, obviously the money in the trough is running low so the politicians won't have so much to divvy up hence the S O S for help  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

Life expectancy Thailand 76.68 yrs......... UK 81.16 yrs Australia 82.5  yrs........ yeah theyre  doing so well  in Thailand arent  they

The life expectancies of, for example, the UK and the USA both fell for a while recently because of their ghastly Western lardy diets and lifestyles. Is the same true of Thailand, do you know?