Bangkok booze ban: Extension decision Monday

rooster59

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

And we won't make it ...

At least not without cracking a bottle or two of rocket fuel, the beer will run out on Thursday.

I'm not a great beer drinker but I have a surplus in the wine and spirits department. Let me know if you want some dropped off at the end of your driveway.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Any excuse for a meeting, they just love having meetings here.????:cheesy:????

they sure do, free booze, free food and free goodies, who wouldn't want to accept the freebies 555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

The Bkk Gov has a big loss of face ATM as he is sitting in last position. It says a meeting to extend but not for how long so he may set a new standard, 30 th of April is so yesterday news so my money is on a face recovery along with a new punishment for the peasant's far into the future

This could actually work in our favour I mean us Alcoholics right now the big fella is asking for help Mr Chang and Mr Singha just might say we'll help you but lift that stupid ban let the peasants be merry  

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

The Bkk Gov has a big loss of face ATM as he is sitting in last position. It says a meeting to extend but not for how long so he may set a new standard, 30 th of April is so yesterday news so my money is on a face recovery along with a new punishment for the peasant's far into the future

Cold war and experiments never finished and China make their own money not controlled on any international level so they own the world to degrees and do as they wish because think and act as communists they are brought up with no other knowledge and just note this brought up period is many years for parents in democracy scenarios it is a life time

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

Get last bts station and start walking looking for anything with a fridge in it

Pathumthani no BTS yet mate and small shops I know are simply not game to entertain the idea. But thanks for your credited response

3 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

Cold war and experiments never finished and China make their own money not controlled on any international level so they own the world to degrees and do as they wish because think and act as communists they are brought up with no other knowledge and just note this brought up period is many years for parents in democracy scenarios it is a life time

Hope you find a beer because you need one 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

The alcohol sales ban is a bit strange considering that most of the alcohol moguls are generals 

No need to produce your p1$$ any longer, sir. 
But don’t worry. You will be compensated.

Where are the Singha beer company and Chang beer company in all this? Not to mention Blend 285 fake whiskey company. Why aren't they lobbying the government? Every single (non islamic) country in the world is allowing people to drink.  This Thai army government just knows how to ban things and crackdown on things. Nothing else. What a bunch of morons.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Where are the Singha beer company and Chang beer company in all this? Not to mention Blend 285 fake whiskey company. Why aren't they lobbying the government? Every single (non islamic) country in the world is allowing people to drink.  This Thai army government just knows how to ban things and crackdown on things. Nothing else. What a bunch of morons.

So do Villa Market owners sell on the quite with specifics or not ?

3 minutes ago, rucker4012 said:

I understand decision to ban alcohol during Songkram based on reduced accidents. I'm stumped what banning alcohol has to do with containing a virus. Any reasonable explanation accepted.

Review on Monday but don't like the sheep chances as they do tend to follow but find your own best nicks and crannies to get what you need for now as responses can be monitored by so many unknowns and again Media will surely be the best information for us all because others more senior and responsible have no idea of situations at home

7 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

Review on Monday but don't like the sheep chances as they do tend to follow but find your own best nicks and crannies to get what you need for now as responses can be monitored by so many unknowns and again Media will surely be the best information for us all because others more senior and responsible have no idea of situations at home

But you know what i mean with the media. All I say is ABC    

IMG_ABC.PNG

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Is that a guess, or do you have some information? I've been searching for figures, but it all seems to have gone quiet on this subject.

The only info I found were these graphs which seem to show a significant reduction in accidents and deaths this last month.

http://rvpreport.rvpeservice.com/viewrsc.aspx?report=0685&session=16

11111.jpg.aeefbf28b42bbab198fa2d20e79b8335.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

11111.jpg.aeefbf28b42bbab198fa2d20e79b8335.jpg

Thanks for this. I thought that would be the case. I'm a little surprised that Richard included the word 'unexpected'. To my mind it was almost a foregone conclusion.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I don't think they even needed a meeting, it is a foregone conclusion.

In all seriousness , if they don't have a meeting they don't get paid any bonus.

Agreed , it is a foregone conclusion but in their job description it outlines the bonuses they are paid ( separate from their military and civilian salaries ) for attending meetings. This has been published on the internet for anyone keen enough to ferret it out.

• Like 1

Based on the other thread, where Gen P is going begging to Thailands' top twenty, it would seem that the Govt indeed needs the tax revenues from booze, which may be why its been hard to make a decision thus far?

22 hours ago, keithet said:

Are Thailand's Governors elected or put in position? 

A few days ago I remember reading about Phuket's governor going to be repositioned to another province. Which seems unfair to the people in the other province because their governer will be all pissy. 

If I was a resident of Phetchaburi I'd be extremely concerned about having the biggest rogue in Phuket shipped north to become our new governor!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Why, what on earth is the point?

I don't see the point  in banning it in the first place  or the point of not selling it a certain times of the day

or on certain days of every year,  but I'm not the one in charge making the decisions. ????

• Like 1