Number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand continue to decline

webfact

2 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Under 1 death per million in Thailand. Those numbers they're releasing don't warrant a lockdown or curfew. 

Maybe the lockdown is the reason for so many few deaths also Thai hospitals have been trying to fight the virus in the sick people not like other countries that have only just started to do this

• Like 1

How are they going to control this. Open up the borders say to Countries like America that do not have it under control and your going to get a spike in numbers again. Only takes a few boxing ring events to get this all off and started again. How can this virus ever be contained.

Like I said yesterday, any Government is between a rock and a hard spot.

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Singapore had the situation under control for a while until all those migrant workers who stay in very cramped dorms started to get it, then it spread like wildfire. 100's of people packed in like sardines 10 to a room sleeping on bunkbeds.

Do we have any cramped dorm like conditions in Thailand?

I'm sure the government are all over this issue now they've seen what can happen in Singapore.

Construction work camps is what I'm referring to here.

Singapore in general still has it under control. Only the migrant worker camps are an issue and they wete sealed off in pretty quick order.

thailand could well have the same issue, as you say, but if they don’t get tested we will never know. Very few will go to hospital, many are illegals and certainly no money to pay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Singapore in general still has it under control. Only the migrant worker camps are an issue and they wete sealed off in pretty quick order.

thailand could well have the same issue, as you say, but if they don’t get tested we will never know. Very few will go to hospital, many are illegals and certainly no money to pay.

Thailand testing is showing less that 2% being infected in people that go to hospital thinking they have the virus so who do you think they should test all 77 million people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, offset said:

What makes you say that, there are 9 provinces with no reported cases why do we not hear from anybody from these provinces saying one of their families have had the vires, also up to yesterday 35 provinces have not had 1 reported case in over 14 days. I live in 1 of these provinces and my wife works in a restaurant doing take away food and she as not heard of anybody that knows somebody with the virus and she does ask people and Thai gossip is much quicker than any government news

How would they know they had the virus if there is no testing?????

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, offset said:

I keep asking but nobody answers me so you may be able to answer me. who do you test or are you suggesting to test the whole population? Most countries only test those that think they have the problem and contact personal

Random testing in all provinces is the only way to go, it gives a much better level of validity than we have now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, offset said:

Yes I was thinking that myself that it might be a good idea but starting with the 9 provinces that have not had any cases yet working through the other provinces that not had the virus for a long time to see a comparison

William Aldis the former WHO chief in Thailand also made this recommendation for this approach in Thailand, its published in the Bangkok Post today so no link.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

William Aldis the former WHO chief in Thailand also made this recommendation for this approach in Thailand, its published in the Bangkok Post today so no link.

oh I not look at that paper

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Your last sentence is the big question mark.  I'm all for getting back to some normalcy.  But if the gov opens the borders now and lets all manner of visitors in, that could be a little dicey.  How would they even do that?  Still many hot spots around the world, including the USA, UK, etc....not to mention China.   

Entertainment venrues, concerts, bars, international travel will be the last things to resume. I expect international travel to be halted for at least a year, based on what is happening overseas. Thailand should keep its borders locked until the infection rate is diminsied to a manageable level. Domestic tourism should be the focus after that, until the borders are opened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time"

Abe never visited Thailand

Never visited TV, or so it seems. 

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Average of 30 per day !! What is a manageable level ??

It depends on where the cases are occuring. Many provinces have less than 10 recorded cases, and many people in those areas are not so strict with social distancing/masks etc. Bangkok and surrounding provinces need to reduce their levels, further in my opinion. 30 cases can quickly escalate in precautions are not taken. 

• Like 1