Work visa canceled and get until 27 April to leave the country

Hi everyone, my friend just went at immigration to cancel her work visa and she told me that immigration gave her until 27 th of April to leave the country but now all borders are closed and no have any flights to leave thailand. She asked me what to do in this case?!. Thanks for the answers.

Edited by Jack1988

May 27th?    Well, let's not worry about this now.  Come back in May.  We'll know more around April 30th.  

OH, your title and first post are different.

OK, you meant April 27th.

she's get the extension until April 30th.  

I'd still wait.  

Maybe worst case go to Immigration on the 30th, if no new information (seems unlikely no new information) and spend 1900 for a week i think.

yea, headache.  

Edited by Ventenio

10 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

May 27th?    Well, let's not worry about this now.  Come back in May.  We'll know more around April 30th.  

OH, your title and first post are different.

OK, you meant April 27th.

she's get the extension until April 30th.  

I'd still wait.  

Maybe worst case go to Immigration on the 30th, if no new information (seems unlikely no new information) and spend 1900 for a week i think.

yea, headache.  

Yeah I meant 27th of april, I edited

Just now, Jack1988 said:

Ah so she doesn't has to worry about overstaying?.

No overstay for her.

She will be after April 27 in same boat of all those now here without a permission of stay stamp. She can then remain until amnesty ends. I realize current one ends April 30 however that will be extended.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No overstay for her.

She will be after April 27 in same boat of all those now here without a permission of stay stamp. She can then remain until amnesty ends. I realize current one ends April 30 however that will be extended.

So are you telling me that amnesty will be extended also after 30th of april isnt?.

Having been given seven days to leave the country (it is not an extension) I would be nervous. The intent of the PM and the cabinet was to allow everyone legally in Thailand as of March 26 to remain without penalty, but the convoluted wording of the eventual Order means that many situations are subject to interpretation. Especially if in Region 3, staying past April 27 without future problems may require the services of an agent. Which immigration office must your friend deal with?

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Having been given seven days to leave the country (it is not an extension) I would be nervous. The intent of the PM and the cabinet was to allow everyone legally in Thailand as of March 26 to remain without penalty, but the convoluted wording of the eventual Order means that many situations are subject to interpretation. Especially if in Region 3, staying past April 27 without future problems may require the services of an agent. Which immigration office must your friend deal with?

Yesh same I did with my agency, they do everything for me and maybe deal with immigration. Maybe my friend should ask to some agent to solve her case.

'work visa'.

Is there some confusion here about work permit (and has the friend or her employer actually cancelled her work permit (which is not a visa), and the visa which is issued to folks who hold a Thai work permit?

19 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Yesh same I did with my agency, they do everything for me and maybe deal with immigration. Maybe my friend should ask to some agent to solve her case.

There's no need for an agent. As long as the extensions are automatic to at least the end of May, there's no need to worry. Just sit tight and don't overthink everything. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Bit late now but why did she go? OK job finished but visa not. Work permit and visa are not linked.

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

The intent of the PM and the cabinet was to allow everyone legally in Thailand as of March 26 to remain without penalty, ...

That's a good joke !!!

What are you dreaming about at night ???