Currency Exchange THB into GPB Bank Transfer

Does anyone know the best method to transfer money from my Thai Bank to my UK bank? I am with Kasikorn bank at the moment with around 3.5m baht in there that I want to move to my UK bank. K bank will only let me move 1m baht at a time and they also want me to jump through hoops to do so. Does anyone know of an  exchange platform that would carry out such a transaction?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Thai Terrier said:

Dee Money can transfer from a Thai bank account to a UK bank account.

The standard fee is 250 baht , irrespective of the amount but there will be an upper limit similar to your Thai bank.  Dee Money make their commission from the exchange rate so you need to look at the rate they are offering. 

There is indeed an upper limit, it's 800,000 Baht per day, there's also a limit as to what they will pay out in the UK, £15,000, which equates to 614,550 Baht.

Their exchange rates don't seem to be that excesive.

If you have a work permit Kbank will do it for you, with some limits on amount based on your salary. Or, alternatively, if you have proof you brought the money into thailand (e.g. condo sales receipt) a bank will let you do it.

Edited by YT3k72Em

4 hours ago, Worldplus said:

Have you looked at Transfer Wise...

I use it from UK bank to my Kasikorn bank..

Should be able to reverse I am sure..

No-can-do with Transferwise....they don't have the necessary BOT license....can't use THB to fund the transfer of another currency.  There are also many other currencies/countries where Transferwise can not use a certain currency to fund the transfer of another currency....like using THB to fund a GBP transfer to the UK.

https://transferwise.com/help/11/getting-started/2571907/what-currencies-do-you-support

On 4/21/2020 at 9:46 AM, YT3k72Em said:

If you have a work permit Kbank will do it for you, with some limits on amount based on your salary. Or, alternatively, if you have proof you brought the money into thailand (e.g. condo sales receipt) a bank will let you do it.

proof is needed as to where the money came from,like an international transfer certificate which should have been given to you by your receiving bank.