PM’s letter to Thailand’s 20 richest people (English translation)

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

all I ask is to send me details of projects that you are ready to carry out. 

“I also welcome suggestions as to how the government can help or facilitate those projects so they succeed. I would be highly thankful if you could send me the details by next week.

he wants to piggy-back on other's creativity, knowledge and skills, because:

1) him and his cabinet "no have", it's what you get when you appoint without merit

2) he will position himself as the savior thanks to that group's contribution (reminds me of his behavior when Toon Bodyslam Charity Marathon for Hospitals proved so successful)

fairly cunning since the letter doesn't cost anything

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Why would he even announce such a letter he could easily just send it without anyone knowing that would probably be better for him.

But no publicity, so the plebs would not be able to conclude he has their interests at heart.

Not all lies are verbal.

25 minutes ago, cmsally said:

See my earlier post #21. It is basically monopolistic capitalism. The letter is merely a PR stunt and an excuse to "join together for the saving of the country".

Yep I think you hit the nail on head I thought since Friday there must be a cunning plan..
They will probably announce exactly how much each person donates like they do at weddings and other religious events.

Edited by monkfish

What a grovelling piece of *insert your own word here*

All the Government money spent up on needless projects and corruption of endemic (no not pandemic) proportions. Time for the Thai people to make themselves heard. In the words of Bob Marley "Rise Up".  

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

I wonder what Thanathorn's answer will be?

Did make me laugh, though, in a perverted sorta way.

Edited by Dap

3 hours ago, Redline said:

I’m trying to figure out this strategy.  Obviously, phone calls can be made.  These people are in contact all the time swapping money back and forth.  This looks like a PR opportunity for the for the “tycoons.”  Can it be anything else, really?

to the extent that all PR exercises have the desire for more money at their heart, perhaps not. But the real agenda is filthy lucre. As it always is with these people. Reach out in your mind and touch them around the edges. it's nasty. Like a well-handled dollar note. Nasty. As you will discover.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“Thailand is facing a Covid-19 outbreak which is one of the gravest crises the country and the world have seen. The disease has affected both social relationships and the economy at an unprecedented level. Now is the time for Thai people to work together on all levels, especially those who have strong knowledge, abilities and financial resources. This is why I am reaching out to you who are considered the elders of society.

Total fatalities stood at 48, while 2,108 patients have recovered and returned to their homes and 655 are undergoing treatment in hospitals.

Something doesn't quite add up, 655 in  hospital with total 48 deaths these are minimal numbers yet begging from the rich?

1 hour ago, rtco said:

What a grovelling piece of *insert your own word here*

All the Government money spent up on needless projects and corruption of endemic (no not pandemic) proportions. Time for the Thai people to make themselves heard. In the words of Bob Marley "Rise Up".  

Didn't work out to well for Uncle Bob as I recall. There's no beating these people with things they can see, they'll just buy more of them than you. Remember that all power derives from the number of people who're prepared to do what you tell them, and there's always lots more people waiting their turn in the queue. Make things happen indirectly, that's the ticket, and wait for the right time. Timing is everything.

2 minutes ago, Almer said:

I note thai tha thai people of course this is thailand but many farang me included have brought many millions into the Kingdom, lest we not forget.

If you've already used your monies, then you are of no consequence, next! There's no such thing as loyalty here.

In Thailand you need constant leverage, meaning keep the funds outside and only use to gain whatever advantage there is to be had. The Sino-Thai way.

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If you've already used your monies, then you are of no consequence, next! There's no such thing as loyalty here.

In Thailand you need constant leverage, meaning keep the funds outside and only use to gain whatever advantage there is to be had. The Sino-Thai way.

Agreed not used it all and no intention until it benifits me and Mrs

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“Thailand is facing a Covid-19 outbreak which is one of the gravest crises the country and the world have seen. The disease has affected both social relationships and the economy at an unprecedented level.

Wonder if he sent a copy to Uncle Xi.

They way it is normally done; The government works will business leaders to remove regulations and red tape; and increase all Company’s Liquidity through Central Bank Monetary Policy. These Leaders are way outside their abilities.

Thanathorn:
https://www.thaienquirer.com/12010/thanathorn-said-he-doesnt-know-if-mother-asked-by-prayut-working-on-providing-equipment-to-hospitals/

“I have no idea if my mother has received the letter,” Thanathorn told reporters amid speculation.

He added that his mother was handing out donations under the name of Thai Summit Pattana Foundation and she did not ask him for advice beforehand.

Reporters caught up with the former party leader on Tuesday as he took them on a tour around a factory that produces free medical equipment to 12 hospitals under the project.

He was already at it, no need to ask. This is a leader Thailand needs.

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, OnTheGround said:

Hold on for a moment.

If the country are so rich, has so much reserves as we been told times after times, and the virus are on a downward trend why the need to Beg the 20 richest families for "resources" also known as money?

Can't afford to pay 5k for three months, rush open society 1 May, against the trends of many countries who extend lockdown, a lot doesn't make sense here.

I already disabled my western logic and common sense, still I look like this

web-puzzled-man-scratching-head-retro-everett-collection-shutterstock_91956314.j.jpg

15 hours ago, rkidlad said:

This reminds me of the kind of letter a child would send a politician in their country asking for more books for their school or a skatepark in their town, etc. People read it and go, “Aww. How cute”.

This is just embarrassing to see the leader of a country who used to be the commander in chief doing this. This is someone who’s completely out of ideas and just wants to pass the responsibility onto someone else. 

This is not “100% under control”. 

Nor is this Government, if they had kept there snouts out of the trough for the past 6 years, the County would have a better chance. 

And how many of the super wealthy members of his administration, and the army will be lining up to help? And how much of the incredibly high annual army budget will be diverted to help the people of this nation?

Sometimes, the difference between a man and a boy can be established by his level of sincerity, and the extent to which he will go to demonstrate his willingness to make some serious sacrifices. 

Yes well the suggestion to get his PR team to write it is valid and secondly I would send it to the top forty, that way no one will be offended and could yeild a better return. If he offered his resignation to the highest bidder, Thanothorn might be interested.