Bangkok: Deputy governor investigates after random checks turn up no Covid-19 cases

webfact

Bangkok: Deputy governor investigates after random checks turn up no Covid-19 cases

4pm.jpg
Picture: INN

One of Bangkok's deputy governors went to investigate a major checkpoint on Rama 2 Road on the Thonburi side of Bangkok. 

Sakchai Bunma and his entourage wanted to find out why 50,000 checks on motorists and passengers had failed to turn up anyone with a temperature.

INN reported that in the period from March 26th to April 20th there had been random checks on 30,158 vehicles and 52,135 people inside them. 

Yet no one had a temperature over 37.5C. 

Sakchai urged those manning the inbound checkpoint near a PTT gas station to up their game and increase the frequency of checks while sticking to the social distancing and health measures. 

Source: INN

Something doesn't make sense here.

Ops!  I forgot for a moment, where I am.

In reality he indirectly accuse them for not doing their work.

:'Hey Guy, we need some positive test, so we can proof you guys doing your job'.

Another prosecution coming?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

does he not know that people can be infected without symptoms - everyone seems to be aware of this except him 

This is why temp screening is less than ideal - the only way to screen is to test - also generally accepted the world over

Exactly! And not to mention if you are feeling unwell and have a fever, you are unlikely to be driving around on the motorway anyway ????‍♂️????‍♂️

• Like 1

a) Highly likely that people feeling awful with a temperature are not out and about

b) Those temperature guns unless used properly are pretty useless. Whenever anyone zaps me with one my temperature is way below what it actually is (I do take it every morning) and once I think I was recorded at 35.0 at one supermarket.  Frankly I would be worried with such a case of hypothermia

40 minutes ago, Scotssing said:

and once I think I was recorded at 35.0 at one supermarket.  Frankly I would be worried with such a case of hypothermia

Earlier went to Home pro was 36. something. Stopped at a 7 to get something and the guy measuring showed me 38.1... Went 100 yards down the road another 7/11 and 36.5......

I also had a 34. something at the entrance to my village earlier this week :whistling:

Temperature checks are pretty useless when done like this.

They might work in colder places like Wuhan where they were finding people with temperatures in the cold weather but in Thailand where the AC is on in the car they will be lucky to find anything.

Also people who have a high temperature will feel pretty ill and tend to stay at home until they recover.

Then there's the reliability of the test, I've had several give an error (low) and a few say 32 C, my temperature is normal, they simply don't work very well.

• Like 1

Why? Is he getting paid for every Covid-19 he can find?

In any case, having a high temperature does not mean you have Covid-19, it could have a multiple of reasons. Also, a virus cannot be 'caught' from close proximity, it can only be injected into a living host and cannot survive outside a non-living host so it cannot even live on exterior surfaces, only bacteria can travel outside a living host and survive on outer surfaces. Look it up, it's all in the medical dictionary.

The whole thing is a scam and some people are making a lot of money out of the suffering of people!!! The whole thing is a crime against humanity.

15 hours ago, Tom79 said:

Exactly! And not to mention if you are feeling unwell and have a fever, you are unlikely to be driving around on the motorway anyway ????‍♂️????‍♂️

16 hours ago, smedly said:

does he not know that people can be infected without symptoms - everyone seems to be aware of this except him 

This is why temp screening is less than ideal - the only way to screen is to test - also generally accepted the world over

yes, test everybody minimum 3 times and everybody will be positiv, because the test is 50 to 80 percent fals positiv.  maybe its better to wait for the flu season becaus the flu is exacty the same as the covid19

16 hours ago, Scotssing said:

a) Highly likely that people feeling awful with a temperature are not out and about

b) Those temperature guns unless used properly are pretty useless. Whenever anyone zaps me with one my temperature is way below what it actually is (I do take it every morning) and once I think I was recorded at 35.0 at one supermarket.  Frankly I would be worried with such a case of hypothermia

Most of them need to be between 3cm, and 5cm, from the forehead.

11 hours ago, Diddl said:

Why? Is he getting paid for every Covid-19 he can find?

In any case, having a high temperature does not mean you have Covid-19, it could have a multiple of reasons. Also, a virus cannot be 'caught' from close proximity, it can only be injected into a living host and cannot survive outside a non-living host so it cannot even live on exterior surfaces, only bacteria can travel outside a living host and survive on outer surfaces. Look it up, it's all in the medical dictionary.

The whole thing is a scam and some people are making a lot of money out of the suffering of people!!! The whole thing is a crime against humanity.

Um, what drugs are you on... if what you say is true, then how is it being spread, maybe you didn't explain things clearly, but what you say is utter BS.

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Um, what drugs are you on... if what you say is true, then how is it being spread, maybe you didn't explain things clearly, but what you say is utter BS.

Seeing that you are in the insulting mode, I will respond by being insulting too - you are the BS and you could do with some drugs to help your mental state!

"It's Ridiculous" - Dr Scott Jensen On Broad Covid-19 Death Count Guidelines & Financial Incentives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=383&v=IkMSEHmeaNQ&feature=emb_logo

Dr. Jensen also disclosed that hospitals are paid more if they list patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.

Hospitals Get Paid More to List Patients as COVID-19 and Three Times as Much if the Patient Goes on Ventilator (VIDEO)

April 9, 2020

https://thespectator.info/2020/04/09/hospitals-get-paid-more-to-list-patients-as-covid-19-and-three-times-as-much-if-the-patient-goes-on-ventilator-video/

Over 50,000 people and not a single one had a temperature?  That IS shocking, even under normal circumstances.  

Im usually not one to rush to the defense of the overlords, but are they sure their machines are working?