Details on a Covid-19 vaccine soon, Anutin promises

snoop1130

I know this guy has been assigned the villain role to us westerners and rightly so, but stating they are trying to make sure they get access to the serum makes sense. Thai scientists working on the vaccine also makes sense. The world is trying to find a way to defeat this virus and just because Thailand isn't as developed as others, doesn't mean it can't provide a contribution or even find a cure. Don't forget some of the scientists here have been educated in the west at top universities. I wish them good luck.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

Not sure where Khaowong1 got the idea that there's no vaccine for polio.  The first one was developed in 1950.  There were others developed after that. Jonas Salk developed his vaccine in 1955 and the oral vaccine came into play in 1961.

There are two vaccines that have all but eliminated polio globally.

Both vaccines are on the WHO's list of essential vaccines. 

Apart from this current situation, it is because of these pioneers of vaccines that many of us live in a relatively disease free world, and in this disease free world loonies think we don't need vaccines.

OK, no worries let's go back to the days when your children die or are disfigured from the ravages of pathogens.

We need a vaccine for this and we all need to take it.

We all hope for a vaccine.  And yes there are trials in place.  There have also been trials and other attempts for vaccines for other Corona viruses that have not been successful.  Trials do not mean success.  It offers promise and hope only.   But governments basing policy on hope are fraught with danger of severe economic damage.  Policies need to be in place to accommodate for all scenarios and one is definitely that COVID19 is here to stay.  Either way life needs to go on. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:
16 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Yes and the head scientist I believe is originally from Scotland

Read a report that a Yank  company named Gilead Science is already in the third stage of testing.

'head scientist'  Isn't that a psychiatrist?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

OK, no worries let's go back to the days when your children die or are disfigured from the ravages of pathogens.

Really, respectfully - read this and tell me that it is all wrong!  https://childrenshealthdefense.org

When did humanity give up on relying on its own immune system?

Why is no MSM promoting building up the immune system with Vit C, zinc, selenium, Lysine, Vit D - not good for Big Pharma business who support them? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Read a report that a Yank  company named Gilead Science is already in the third stage of testing.

I believe that they are in trialing stages using a  vaccine that was originally developed for Ebola virus/pathogen but which was not greatly successful. Reports are that for Covid-19 there have been some positive results. It may not be  a cure but if it inhibits the Covid-19 effects to lesser symptoms then would be welcome because it has already been established to be safe in terms of side effects.

“The virus will be disabled once its vaccine is developed. Every department needs to work on this and hopefully Thailand can be a leader in the vaccine development. This matter will become clearer in three months, but more time will be required to make the vaccine truly effective,” Anutin said.

no kidding "sherlock"  and these are "your" news, it did made me laugh... please go back to where you have been and leave this health matters to the professionals

• Like 1

Latest article I could find about a vaccine.  Don't expect one any time soon.  From the article, "The volunteers will be followed for 13 months to ensure they have no side effects or other reactions to the vaccine."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/doctors-start-giving-second-round-of-shots-to-volunteers-in-seattle-covid-19-vaccine-trial/ar-BB133JRR?ocid=spartandhp

14 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Is there a vaccine that can make that guy stop saying stupid things? When will the dirty Farangs have it ready for human testing. 

So 10 pages of comments, from what I can see 90% are taking the p!ss out of A-nut-in the government (me included).

The guy just attracts us like moths to a light bulb, with his foot-in-mouth disease and xenophobic comments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I've been told by some pretty good health professionals, that there is no vaccine for this, that hell, they still don't have a vaccine for polio.  That vaccines for the common flu don't even work.  Their suggestions, be aware of your surroundings, wash your hands, eat healthy, take your vitamin C's, get plenty of rest.  And try not to get coughed on.  

I'm pretty sure that everyone realizes there's no vaccine for Covid19 yet. And if those "health professionals" told you there is no vaccine for polio - well that explains it all.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

“The virus will be disabled once its vaccine is developed. Every department needs to work on this and hopefully Thailand can be a leader in the vaccine development. This matter will become clearer in three months, but more time will be required to make the vaccine truly effective,” Anutin said.

no kidding "sherlock"  and these are "your" news, it did made me laugh... please go back to where you have been and leave this health matters to the professionals

Is Thailand known for being a leader in the development of vaccines?

Let's hope Thailand insists that foreigners from the hot spots come vaccinated before crossing any Thai borders - that should keep the beaches empty a bit longer whilst opening the provinces up to free internal movement of mongers and the like to stimulate the rural economy - know what I mean?

lotta lotta Nancy Pelosi no I aint American..on here.... A Thai shows concern gives hope to a worried nation and what are you and your band of merry men contributing.....total negativity  absent of any real knowledge......where I stay we have 6 cases and no one but no one is disputing that number not even in the OAP knitting classes.no rumours of deaths nothing....which tells me Thailand is doing a great job of stopping the spread.........give your backside a rest and let your brain and mouth take over for a while and think yourself lucky your in this great country

18 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

I'm sorry but you are completely incorrect. Gilead are looking to repurpose an existing antiviral drug called remdesivir which they are hoping will be effective in treating the symptoms of COVID19, it is not a vaccine. 

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

lotta lotta Nancy Pelosi no I aint American..on here.... A Thai shows concern gives hope to a worried nation and what are you and your band of merry men contributing.....total negativity  absent of any real knowledge......where I stay we have 6 cases and no one but no one is disputing that number not even in the OAP knitting classes.no rumours of deaths nothing....which tells me Thailand is doing a great job of stopping the spread.........give your backside a rest and let your brain and mouth take over for a while and think yourself lucky your in this great country

If the numbers are correct I would agree with you. I also think the location and climate has a lot to do with it. There are quite a few scientific studies across the world now that say the coronavirus has a very difficult time in hot, humid places. Pretty obvious really when you look at how rampant it is in Countries in the Northern hemisphere. Even in the Philippines there are only about 6,000 reported cases, similar in Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos etc. I suspect if the coronavirus was as rampant in tropical and sub tropical climates you would not be singing Thailand's praises on how well they managed the virus. As I remember they continued with flights from China for a long time after the virus was widely known. However Thailand is a hot, humid climate and if you are there then you are very fortunate. Despite all this, stay safe, and take precautions, good luck ..