Man shoots wife in head after she refused him liquor money

snoop1130

19 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

No idea where this wholly false flame came from? As a libertarian I strongly advocate the legalization of each and every drug known to mankind. Up to the user if they want to take it or not. Ignorant people that want to ban everything under the assumption that it will eradicate the substance are living in a dream world. I can leave my home and return in under 2 minutes with a baggie of heroin, although it has been illegal for 80 odd years, and it costs a fortune. Total failure on the part of the prohibitionists. This lady died due to ill thought out prohibition of alcohol, and you bang on about "right wingers"? 

I am like you for legalization of all substances but in some circumstances like a lockdown it makes sense to clamp down on alcohol and other drugs that induce violence in a lock down situation where people have no chance to avoid the problems.

This lady did not die because of an alcohol ban because if it had worked he would not have asked for money and try to get alcohol. She died because some <deleted> could not handle his addiction.

Again I dont mind people taking drugs alcohol included. I have done so myself more then enough times. I mind people who can't handle their drug of choice and harm others. Problem is that there will always be a part of the population that can't handle their drug of choice and harm others.

I don't think that legalizing drugs would solve all problems i just think its better then what we do now but it also has serious drawbacks. There is no perfect solution.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well 'up to the user' sounds OK, but IMHO that statement or attitude can't really stand alone because in a civil society nobody can ignore that they must respect the rights of others to go about their daily activities and assume a civil society  provides some level of safety / some level of respect for others.

On the other hand if folks want total freedom to do as please with no controls then they must accept that if someone shoots them or their wife or kids then they must accept it without recourse.

That is the problem but like topdeadcenter I am also for legalization of drugs. It would solve a lot of problems and no we should never accept that someone on drugs be it alcohol or any other drug abuses others. Its ok to use and take drugs IMHO but it should never be ok that people commit crimes. 

Do we now accept deaths of the legal drug alcohol or do we prosecute the people who committed such crimes ? It would be the same for other drugs. 

Would be best if we could separate the people who could responsibly do drugs and who could not. But that is impossible. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't think that legalizing drugs would solve all problems i just think its better then what we do now but it also has serious drawbacks. There is no perfect solution.

Worked very well in Portugal:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

On 4/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, rasmus5150 said:

Did the relative wait until morning before reporting gunshots, giving this coward time to escape?

Penny-less, alcoholic on the run - they should be able to get him in minimum 48 hours

Go to his Mum's house!