VIDEO: Police chief warns Thais not to flee scene of accidents after officer survives hit and run

webfact

5 minutes ago, moe666 said:

He jumped on the hood to avoid getting hit as the driver decided to leave, in his position no choice. Dedicated man 

Did you watch the full video ?

If you did I dont see how you came to your conclusion.

Edited by johng

His helmet cam will show all, but don't waste your time spend it better elsewhere even sat at home because you will not do anything, in civilised countries this  would be attempted manslaughter, but the thai's do not  want to live in a world where responsibility  of your action should be thought before doing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

Drive it like a rental...

Can a Thai really be blamed for leaving the scene of an accident?.....under age, under the influence, no licence, no tax, no insurance, no helmet.......its a no brainer

Penalty needs to be severe....so small Thais don’t care....

the 2,000B fine In CM for starting a fire? What a joke...In Ca, caught roadside litttering is a fixed penalty of $1,000

people have to fear the penalty to change bad behavior...called behavioral modification

LOS....completely disagree....it’s called being accountability For a serious violation...the ones you listed are nothing compared to fleeing the Accident scene...yes it’s a no brainer not to flee....a felony not a misdemeanor if injury death property damage etc

Edited by cardinalblue

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Surprised he didn't pull his gun and shoot through the window.

Surprised you've said that. Yes, they shoot at each other and sometimes at foreigners, but normally never at Police personnel. Rare exceptions if a lot of drugs are involved.

The Thai word for responsibility is  ความรับผิดชอบ Which translates as "likes to receive bad things". That says it all. It is Thai culture, down to the depths of their soul to run away from any problem that they have created. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

The Thai word for responsibility is  ความรับผิดชอบ Which translates as "likes to receive bad things". That says it all. It is Thai culture, down to the depths of their soul to run away from any problem that they have created. 

I know why you might think that, but ชอบ as well as its meaning of like can also mean to be right so ความรับผิดชอบ really literally means to accept/admit when something is wrong or right ie take responsibility for something.

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is there a full video?

The one below the text is nine seconds long. Or was there some sarcasm in your comment?

They showed a longer video on Thaiwrath morning news, it shows the cop jumping onto the car as he tries ro stop the driver leaving the scene of an accident.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

National police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said at RTP HQ yesterday that the force are trying to find the car and driver.

After hanging on for two kilometres you'd think the officer had time to read the registration number on the tax disc ^^

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

After hanging on for two kilometres you'd think the officer had time to read the registration number on the tax disc ^^

Looking at the video again, I see you're right!

As the car comes around the corner, the policeman was right in front of where the tax disc should be. Perhaps he's long-sighted though?

Assuming the driver had one of course. Impossible to see on the video, especially as the windscreen is virtually black.

22 hours ago, petedk said:

I remember some years ago that they tried to make a law regarding the level or strength of tint that could be used. There was such an uproar that the idea was dropped. 

A few years ago, at the grand old age of 70 I went on a self driving 28 day golfing holiday to Malaysia. I Checked on the rules regarding the level of 'Tint' allowed and was told that if your vehicles level of tint exceeded the maximum allowed in Malaysia you would not be allowed across the border unless the tint was removed. As I was waiting to cross the border I saw a Merc having its tint removed so they do implement the law in Malaysia. Pity that they don't in Thailand! 

• Like 1