Thailand reports lowest number of new COVID-19 cases since March 14

webfact

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Severe? Compare with New York.

I was thinking the same thing. If it was sever we would have had thousands and thousands of cases in Phuket. Severity is not a word that comes to mind in Thailand's lucky case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

They really need to stop playing around in the margins looking for a new case here and two news cases there and start mass-testing of immigrant workers stuck in crowded dormitories. Around 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to dormitories housing low-paid workers. Construction sites around Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok would be a good place to start.

And while they're at it, aggressive testing of compounds and villages where low-paid Thais live in overcrowded conditions is also needed. If the virus is currently circulating undetected among the general population, waiting for its chance to start some clusters leading to uncontrolled exponential growth, then these are the places it's most likely to be, where the low-paid of any nationality are forced to endure cramped and crowded conditions (not just foreigners, geddit it Khun Prayut and Khun Anutin?).

Please get you thumbs out of your butts, testing people, measuring the temperature of 100,000 motorists in air-conditioned cars and finding that none of them has an elevated temperature tells you nothing useful at all. Go ye forth into the poor places and test many souls there, if you dare!

That's a good point. The explosion of cases in laborer communities in Singapore should be a wake-up call to the Thai government. There are many factories that are still in operation and who knows what kind of safety precautions they've put in place to protect workers, considering the abysmal state of workplace safety in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solidpoo said:

If the locals cant afford the cost for testing, non of the migrant workers would be able to afford it. 

Why should they have to? The mass testing of 3,000 people in the highest risk groups being carried out in Pattaya is completely free.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They did a covid test on him as a precaution and he tested positive.

What did he test positive for? obviously not Covid 19 as there is no specific test for it, only "genetic" testing, so he tested positive for??? makes it easy to fudge the numbers in either direction!

40 minutes ago, me4175 said:

Health has many aspects: what use is it to be physically healthy but financially dead, and mentally on the edge for not being able to make ends meet

Excellent point - Quality of life - without quality - whats the point? Relying on Big Pharma to come up with a concoction (vaccine) of MRC-5 (aborted fetal cells) & other DNA in a mixture of Thimerosal that may well cause a latrogeneric reaction isn't my idea of good quality living, protect the elderly & high risk folks like diabetics, let others move on.

They haven't even isolated CV19 yet, so are unable to accurately test, quite how they can come up with a vaccine is beyond them!

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

They really need to stop playing around in the margins looking for a new case here and two news cases there and start mass-testing of immigrant workers stuck in crowded dormitories. Around 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to dormitories housing low-paid workers. Construction sites around Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok would be a good place to start.

And while they're at it, aggressive testing of compounds and villages where low-paid Thais live in overcrowded conditions is also needed. If the virus is currently circulating undetected among the general population, waiting for its chance to start some clusters leading to uncontrolled exponential growth, then these are the places it's most likely to be, where the low-paid of any nationality are forced to endure cramped and crowded conditions (not just foreigners, geddit it Khun Prayut and Khun Anutin?).

Please get you thumbs out of your butts, testing people, measuring the temperature of 100,000 motorists in air-conditioned cars and finding that none of them has an elevated temperature tells you nothing useful at all. Go ye forth into the poor places and test many souls there, if you dare!

The people of whom you speak have been living the same since the virus struck. Shouldn't there be 1000's of people dead in the street if what you say is true ?

• Like 2

Praise the Lord, it's a miracle, I tell ya, a miracle! Singapore--a small easily controllable island-nation--is struggling to get ahead of the virus (though only a dozen deaths) while Thailand, with it's hordes of Chinese tourists in January, is out of the tunnel already. Right... 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, montereyjp said:

I see that some post are doubting the numbers reported daily..speculating that there could be many people sick in labor camps or in areas where poor people live.. but if this was the case would it not be obvious that people are sick in these places? That some would be sick enough to require medical assistants and even some dying.. could the Thai government be hiding that? I don't think so..

Quite. But we cant expect the conspiracy theorists to think rationally. They have an axe to grind with the dictocracy and they are going to grind it every day on this daily figures thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Docno said:

Praise the Lord, it's a miracle, I tell ya, a miracle! Singapore--a small easily controllable island-nation--is struggling to get ahead of the virus (though only a dozen deaths) while Thailand, with it's hordes of Chinese tourists in January, is out of the tunnel already. Right... 

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Truly awesome, the world needs to know how Thailand has achieved this incredible feat so they can rapidly adopt the same measures and save their remaining citizens.

For sure. I don't even know why they crippled the country with such paltry figures. Can only surmise gov is on a power trip because it is clear the place must be asymptotic. Of course the donkeys will take it all this in. 

1 hour ago, Kullstar said:

Winging it's way down to 9 for the 29th April, bang on cue.

Who would have thought that Carnac the Magnificent was obtaining the numbers for the Health ministry.  Here he is getting todays numbers.   youre GIF

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Quite. But we cant expect the conspiracy theorists to think rationally.

Doubting numbers doesn't make someone a conspiracy theorist.

Also, using "we" in your sentence to make it sound like most people agree with you, is funny....

I don't think there are bodies piled up somewhere, or 1000s of sick people being hidden away but I'm pretty sure these numbers are pure fiction....

• Thanks 2

Well this really is amazing and maybe true depending on the limited testing regime

According to a probably accurate timeline, the first Covid 19  case was discovered in Wuhan on the 17th of November a 55 year old man

The FIRST case of Covid 19 outside of China was discovered in THAILAND on the 13th of January

In February there were still many thousands of Chinese tourists coming into Thailand

Based on this WHY are the figures here so low? There could be reasons, hot weather, Thai people less susceptible to viruses like this or under reporting of the true figures (if the true figures are known)

Everyone has an opinion on this. Read the attached link

https://www.dispropaganda.com/single-post/2020/03/20/Despite-the-CCPs-gaslighting-CoronavirusCovid19-came-from-China

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, montereyjp said:

I see that some post are doubting the numbers reported daily..speculating that there could be many people sick in labor camps or in areas where poor people live.. but if this was the case would it not be obvious that people are sick in these places? That some would be sick enough to require medical assistants and even some dying.. could the Thai government be hiding that? I don't think so..

Singapore found out too late, is Thailand going to do the same? Hope not.

• Haha 1

Considering the alleged numbers now they should start opening businesses expect entertainment venues.

Keep the precautions like masks, temp checks and alcohol like they have at 7 11, Thai wasadu, Makro etc but don't allow travelling out of the provinces yet.

That way if there is a rise in infections then only the relevant provinces need to go on lockdown again.

24 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Quite. But we cant expect the conspiracy theorists to think rationally. They have an axe to grind with the dictocracy and they are going to grind it every day on this daily figures thread.

Exactly so. In fact I'm beginning to wish that TVF would stop publishing these daily tallies. It just gives the doom and gloom brigade more traction to continue their boringly repetitive diatribes.

There are plenty of other sites that one can visit to get the latest news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

What did he test positive for? obviously not Covid 19 as there is no specific test for it, only "genetic" testing, so he tested positive for??? makes it easy to fudge the numbers in either direction!

He tested positive for covid19. As in the doctors told him he has coronavirus. 

• Like 1

What will be useful is antibody sampling, they will be doing this already when people donate blood. They're just not talking about it. In fact I suspect any blood test that's done at a government hospital will also be tested for antibodies.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

Afternoon.

Figures look good dont they?

As fine a set of figures I've seen and on track to meet the 3000 infections predicted about a month ago who most said was a load of bulldung (including me) but it turns out he knew what he was talking about as he obviously had the inside info! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1