28 million Thais apply for cash handouts

webfact

28 million Thais apply for cash handouts

By The Nation

800_1b162c86202b9c6.jpg

More than 28 million Thais have registered to receive the government's Bt5,000 cash handout before the system closed at midnight.

Five million have already been approved.

A total of 28,849,725 people who are affected by the emergency decree to prevent the spread of Covid-19 have requested cash assistance from the government via registration on www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com website.

The Cabinet decided to extend the number of recipients from 9 million to 14 million for the period April to June to help registrants who were categorised as farmers.

This extension will now cover students who work on part-time jobs. The scheme will cost the state approximately Bt210 billion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386617

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-23

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1159205-government-finalising-cash-handouts-to-farmers/

It appears that it is the farmers, again, who are latest to get screwed. Their relief package (15,000/30,000 p/m) seems to have fallen by the wayside. Perhaps it has been cancelled to pay for the extra 5 Million people who are  now due to receive the 5,000 baht handout. (9m up to 14 Million) It's now 10 days since they said next week to the farmers....... 

• Like 1

The Thai government have no idea about their own citizens, apart from commercial businesses - farming - transport there are a huge number of people who just wing it, it shouldn't be hard to work out from tax records   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

What tax records? I think that's your point, right? If working citizens don't complete an annual tax return, the Govt has no idea what their earnings are. And millions of Thais who do not work for registered company employers have never entered the tax system.

correct

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

A friend of my wife, her brother also got the hand out,

and he's doing time for shooting and killing his wife,so

I guess it's pot luck if you get it,our daughter did not get 

it ,as they said she has business, which she does not.

The wife says the selection is done by Thai AI,artificial intelligence

which may explain a lot

regards worgeordie

Artificial intelligence requires intelligence in the first place when setting it up

Shìt in Shìt out as they say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Antonymous said:

What tax records? I think that's your point, right? If working citizens don't complete an annual tax return, the Govt has no idea what their earnings are. And millions of Thais who do not work for registered company employers have never entered the tax system.

Some genuinely earn below the income threshold for personal tax and don't feel the need to declare their earning, but many who should be paying some tax don't because it is easy to avoid declarations due to lax enforcement.

I'm sure that the detailed application data required to get these handouts will not be wasted by the Revenue Department in future!

A census form willingly filled in

• Like 1

If you asked me to set up the system for national handout benefits at a slow pay out or easy refusals then this current practise is what I would use .

If the brief was to pay out as quickly as possible to enable the monies to be paid out to desperate folk then I would have delegated the powers to the provinces or even the Amphoe . Would be over and done by now.

I Have heard stories of wealthy Thais applying and getting , would not happen if dealt with locally and in person . Heads of the village sat with local  government officials panel .

I fear troubles ahead if the fair distribution of handouts  is not sorted out soon . 

Has this interfered with farming? I guess for commercial farmers in need of labor but around CM I see farmers attending their fields even The last soy bean crops being harvested....

these 2 months are the least busiest as they are mostly cleared (thank you burners) due to the lack of water...

Rain is critical for the upcoming planting in June And where laborers are needed to prepare/plant

But for the small family operations in the north, lucky that April and May are the least busiest months of the year...