Opening bars and restaurants, which is safer?

bkk6060

There is talk that bars may be some of the last establishments to open.

So, I saw this sketch on the news of a restaurant in China. The story is also on the CDC website. It showed how 9 people in a restaurant got infected from one person seated at table A.

Some of the infected seemed enough distance, but according to the story the spread was do to airconditioning.

So, there is obviously talk of opening malls and restaurants here within the next several weeks.  But, how safe is an indoor restaurant especially in a mall with the aircon swirling air around?

Many bars it seems are outdoors.  The popular Soi 7 and 8 Beach Road bars come to mind.  Sports bars generally are indoors.

After they open, I suppose for awhile it might be safer to choose outdoor restaurant seating.  And, is it possible that an outdoor bar setting may actually be safer then the mall or indoor restaurants?

Just saying, as the bars seem to be last on the opening list but on the big picture are they truly the potential biggest problem.

I guess we will wait and see.

15876274594876706297359972300887.jpg

5 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I would no problem being in a bar or a restaurant, it's all scaremongering and governments controlling the masses.

I suggest if one is really worried that they should hide in their room with virus filters on any open windows and not come out till about 2022.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Bars won't be open for a long time. Social distancing in a bar defeats the purpose of going there, may as well drink at home 

Lots of bars in Thailand are open air, I went to loads in February and March. It should be up to the individual if one wants to take the risk, not governments dictating where or when. I've had enough of all of there rules, they can do one...

• Sad 1