Good Heavy Rain Tonight

Changbeer4me

Lol - I was listening to music with the headphones on and thought I heard some weird noise and thought maybe my aircon was about to crash. Took the headphones off and realized it wasn't the aircon, then checked outside and saw it was pouring rain !

None of the usual thunder and lightning that usually comes with a heavy rain (though I may have missed it with the blaring rock and roll I was listening to).

Hope it keeps up all night and all day tomorrow as well !

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Changbeer4me said:

Pattaya finally got the heavy down pour we really need to top up all the water resources. 

You do realise that it is not actually Pattaya that needs the rain...it needs to fall inland, in the catchment areas for the reservoirs to be of any benefit other than washing down the streets.

PH

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phulublub said:

You do realise that it is not actually Pattaya that needs the rain...it needs to fall inland, in the catchment areas for the reservoirs to be of any benefit other than washing down the streets.

PH

Agreed, my area, North of town in Nong Plalai, didn't get much rain at all, lot of wind mostly. How was it out by the lakes?

Edited by jacko45k

13 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Pattaya needs it, just like everywhere else.

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

More than welcome, praise be to the rain Gods!

The forecast says there's a good chance of more of the wet stuff right through the weekend and into next week.

tenor.gif

Who gave U permission to post my video...........:cheesy:

Getting another good rain now !

Not quite the volume as the previous one when it first started but I won't complain ! I probably shouldn't count on the Som Tam driver making his rounds this afternoon though.

8 hours ago, johng said:

Pffft  past me by with out even getting the ground wet..I ran out to get the washing in and then it stopped.????

and what was the missus doing....on her iphone I,ll bet..........:cheesy:

Edited by petermik
  • Haha 1

Well, it didn't last long and the Som Tam guy did show up right as it ended ! Looking at the sky, we may, or may not, get more, or less, sooner, or later. Possibly.

Don't buy Som Tam everyday, maybe a couple times a week. More to give him the business than anything as I've got lots of food, there's a Tops 300 meters from the house (and a 7/11). Like to eat something a little spicier than normal on occasion. 

I use lots of ground Chili and Chili powder when I'm cooking but it doesn't seem to get the nose running quite like raw red chilies in papaya salad does !

(I've also got some Blair's Mega Death sauce in case I want to go for a complete gastrointestinal replacement operation one day. Enough of that in a meal and I'd need to replace everything from the intake to the exhaust ! Assuming I lived long enough to make it to the hospital that is. Sheesh - they might not even have to cremate me (or BBQ as my Thai friends call it) as I'd probably spontaneously combust before they could load me into the oven !)

• Haha 1

Good timing but the somtam guy hope he made it home .  Its pissing down again right now.

Yeah good to have a spicy meal to blow the ear wax out.   Girl just walked out to cook Pad Kapow Ghai... started to <deleted> down has moved inside the room 

This going to be eye watering....

But love the smell and the taste.

Nothing like a great spicy dish on days like this.

And cooler tempreature another blessing.

Stay Safe.   

Save the Blair's Mega Death sauce for better days ahead.

Changbeer

20200425_165101.jpg

Edited by Changbeer4me
Add photo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, johng said:

Pffft  past me by with out even getting the ground wet..I ran out to get the washing in and then it stopped.????

We may get some yet John... lightly spitting now. Plenty of thunder on all sides.

svp120Loop.gif

• Like 1

It's turned into a decent shower ! Should be more than enough to flood the lower part of Soi Khao Noi (again) ! Months and months of garbage being flushed out of the drains, onto the sois and then getting caught up in the storm grates and plugging them tight so the water has to go somewhere else !

If it keeps up for another 3 days, it may actually be enough to register on the levels in the reservoirs (but won't be enough to lift the restrictions yet). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

It's turned into a decent shower ! Should be more than enough to flood the lower part of Soi Khao Noi (again) ! Months and months of garbage being flushed out of the drains, onto the sois and then getting caught up in the storm grates and plugging them tight so the water has to go somewhere else !

If it keeps up for another 3 days, it may actually be enough to register on the levels in the reservoirs (but won't be enough to lift the restrictions yet). 

8:15 pm....looks like that's it for now folks. Still a bit in the west and up north.

radar composite

Edited by nauseus
west

Lol - I was hoping for 3 days of rain and got 3 hours !!

Hopefully this was just the precursor of more storms bringing heavier rains soon ! We had a short, heavy rain a couple days ago. Then this one. Maybe they'll start coming in faster and harder from here on out.

But I won't empty my back up water cans just yet !

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - I was hoping for 3 days of rain and got 3 hours !!

Hopefully this was just the precursor of more storms bringing heavier rains soon ! We had a short, heavy rain a couple days ago. Then this one. Maybe they'll start coming in faster and harder from here on out.

But I won't empty my back up water cans just yet !

That's what TMD says. But we had quite a bit of early rain last year too but the monsoon was weak. Hoping for a much needed wet year for everyone, anyway.

17 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Getting another good rain now !

Not quite the volume as the previous one when it first started but I won't complain ! I probably shouldn't count on the Som Tam driver making his rounds this afternoon though.

My pool service arrived looking like a Newfoundland sea-fisherman.