Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

25 minutes ago, phetphet said:

So does that mean doing one night quarantine in Bangkok before connecting onwards to Samui for international travellers?

Or normal connection, then one night quarantine Samui?

My head hurts with all these changes.

Nobody knows it right now, but the details will be published this week, probably Thursday, according to today's news articles. Anutin mentions that the arriving foreigner shall stay a place where he/she ca be contacted.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:03 AM, phetphet said:

So does that mean doing one night quarantine in Bangkok before connecting onwards to Samui for international travellers?

Or normal connection, then one night quarantine Samui?

My head hurts with all these changes.

Good question. I am booked from the UK in January.

Originally I booked to Bangkok for a couple of days and then a separate flight to Samui.

Then because of the sandbox rules I asked my International flight to add on Samui to fly all in one go.

Now I'm thinking I will be better going to Bangkok again. ?

I still have my separate Bangkok to Samui flight that I haven't cancelled yet so I think I'll wait until Xmas to see what happens

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From to a posting in another forum, Bangkok Airways still operates two daily sealed transit flights, PG5171 and PG5125 from BKK to USM; according to the poster as "under the Sandbox 7 night stay".

Another poster added: "Yes, but you can also do Test & Go"...????

Edited by khunPer

• 5 weeks later...

Bangkok Airways had 20 flights inbound to Samui yesterday.

Two from Phuket and the rest from Bangkok including the two 'Test and Go' flights.

A friend was talking to hotels last week regarding tours and a few of them confirmed 100% booked until the end of January.

Drove through Bangrak and the flags were out for Lomprayah at the Lomlahk pier.

Lomprayah usually use this pier when they close the Pralarn pier in Maenam. I tried to book a seat with Lomprayah next week but fully booked???

I know that there is a FMP on the 19th but I would not have expected the ferries to be full that far ahead.

FMP - another Covid cluster coming up?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, beatlebones said:

Anyone know the current overland/ferry covid restrictions for Samui ?

I will be driving there tomorrow from Chumpon .

I do not know of any new restrictions and guests have not mentioned anything.

You may need to book a ferry. The island is very busy. 31 flights due in today and the ferries have been busy for a while now!

• Like 1

Updated domestic travel regulations

One of the following is needed...

1. QR Code "???????????? ????????????????" For visitors who are completely vaccinated in Thailand with 2 doses of Sinovac / Sinopharm / Sputnik V or crossed for formula not less than 7 days OR for visitors who are vaccinated 1 dose with AstraZeneca / Pfizer / Moderna / Johnson & Johnson not less than 21 days.
  2. QR Code "???????????????????? ???????????????????????? ????????????????" Unvaccinated visitors need to show Samui Health Pass QR Code together with one of the following documents: ATK/RT-PCR test / Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 / Travel Certificate from Samui less than 2 days,
  3. QR Code "???????????????????????????????? ????????????????" - The Thailand Pass Qr Code is for visitors coming from abroad under Test & Go & Sandbox scheme. No other documents needed to enter Samui.

Source: COVID Center Ko Samui and kosamuilife.com.

271445810_459300575728251_382782173638506801_n.thumb.jpg.a607ce3d0fa18518a969c07084d8ed81.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I'm intending to get the Raja from KPhangan to Samui on Monday, returning same day. I'm triple vaccinated AZ+AZ+PF and I have a Thai certificate of said vaccinations. Will that be sufficient?

It should be enough but.....

I went to KPN from Samui a few weeks back using the Lomlahk ferry.

Nothing was asked for Samui to KPN.

KPN to Samui, again nothing was asked for on boarding the ferry, but on arriving at Samui, there were some Thais asking to see my Thailand Pass.

I explained that I did not have one nor need one having lived here for more than 20 years.

They did not know what to do and so I showed them my Thai id card. (A Thai driving licence would also have worked.)

They took a photo of it and waved me through.

I never needed to show my vaccine certificate et al.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It should be enough but.....

I went to KPN from Samui a few weeks back using the Lomlahk ferry.

Nothing was asked for Samui to KPN.

KPN to Samui, again nothing was asked for on boarding the ferry, but on arriving at Samui, there were some Thais asking to see my Thailand Pass.

I explained that I did not have one nor need one having lived here for more than 20 years.

They did not know what to do and so I showed them my Thai id card. (A Thai driving licence would also have worked.)

They took a photo of it and waved me through.

I never needed to show my vaccine certificate et al.

I'll make sure I take my yellow house book and passport, that should do it. Thanks for telling me.

Edited by delgarcon
  • Like 1

My Wife (Thai) is flying to Samui next Tuesday 22nd. From BKK.

She has 3 covid jabs and Mor Prom app.

We are assuming this is ok as it is impossible to get hold of Bangkok Airways and ask.

I assume they don't want any customers.

27 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

We are assuming this is ok as it is impossible to get hold of Bangkok Airways and ask.

Bang Airways' web-site HERE will provide you with the answer...

NOTICE ON TRAVEL RESTRICTION DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK

Bangkok Airways strongly recommends you to check the up-to-date announcement or order issued by the local / municipal authorities of both your departure and destination point to ensure that requirements under such restrictive measures are met (including COVID-19 testing and vaccination documentation requirements), especially when it is close to the travelling date as the announcement or order may be reissued any time between the booking date and the travelling date.

Please check below for more source of information regarding announcement and travel restrictions of each destination we currently operate.

Samui

https://www.facebook.com/covidcenterkohsamui 

https://www.suratthani.go.th/covid19/order-document.html 

TAT says HERE...

Please note that each destination in Thailand has entry requirements, and you should check on these beforehand, to make sure you meet them. Besides the Release Form, other documentation may include a certificate of vaccination and a negative RT-PCR test result (COVID-19 not detected).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Should be no problem.

I have just picked up friends that have flown down from Bangkok.

One showed the paper certificate (his Mor Prom wasn't working) and the other showed Mor Prom.

Both OK.

Full plane - mix of Test and Go (tested at the airport?) and domestic (seperate channel).

Masks all of the time.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Should be no problem.

I have just picked up friends that have flown down from Bangkok.

One showed the paper certificate (his Mor Prom wasn't working) and the other showed Mor Prom.

Both OK.

Full plane - mix of Test and Go (tested at the airport?) and domestic (seperate channel).

Masks all of the time.

thank you very big. Great

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 9:40 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Drove through Bangrak and the flags were out for Lomprayah at the Lomlahk pier.

Lomprayah usually use this pier when they close the Phralan pier in Maenam.

Possible bad news for people living in Bangrak.

My partner told me that Lomprayah are having to leave their site at the Phralan  pier, which is next to Wat Na Phra Lan

Something to do with a different development on the site. Can any readers out there confirm this?

This would indicate that the current traffic/parking mayhem at the Lomlahk pier will continue for the foreseeable future.????

'Rush hour' is 07.30, 11.30 and 16.00

Seatran Ferries look as though there are no plans to start up again. Their web site has been taken down.

Raja Ferries are busy at weekends and are putting on extra ferries as well as the scheduled services.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:07 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Seatran Ferries look as though there are no plans to start up again. Their web site has been taken down.

That must be Seatran Express - the boat service from Bangrak to Koh Panghan (Thongsala) and Koh Tao - the Seatran car ferries between Don Sak to Nathon are still operating on the hour with numerous cars and trucks as passengers...????

• Like 1

Bangkok Airways now offers VTL (Vaccinated Travel Lane) flights from Samui to Singapore, to facilitate passengers who are fully vaccinated with no quarantine upon arrival in Singapore...

• Like 2

Samui airport is a tad busy today, compared to recent times.

20 flights arriving from Bangkok, Phuket, Utapao and Singapore.

Hire cars are hard to find unless pre-booked.

Some guests struggling to hire one at the airport.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 3:15 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Samui airport is a tad busy today, compared to recent times.

20 flights arriving from Bangkok, Phuket, Utapao and Singapore.

Hire cars are hard to find unless pre-booked.

Some guests struggling to hire one at the airport.

It's not a surprise. Btw, robbers near the airport put up giant prices and I'm wondering, how they still works and got orders

• Like 1

If you are planning to head by car for Samui or Phangan for the Spngkran holiday, you better book ferry in advance...

lg-webp

Additional ferry services are being laid on in Surat Thani province to meet a surge in demand for trips to Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan over Songkran.

Transport operator Raja Ferry Port said the April 13-17 holiday period on the two islands would bring the biggest tourist influx in more than two years.

“Currently, over 80 per cent of our trips have been booked and we expect that all trips will be booked before April 11,” said Raja Ferry Port managing director Apichart Chayopas on Friday...

The Nation "Samui, Pha-ngan up ferry services to meet surging Songkran demand".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...