Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

On 9/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, khunPer said:

The text you quoted says: This Travel Document is for the residents living in Samui who want to leave the island and come back in less than 7 days without having to do a COVID test to re-enter.

????

So, does this document protect you against covid and so you don't have to take a test on your way back?

I think I'll take some of those papers with me to make sure I don't catch it during my trip to Thailand. ????

5 hours ago, Espanol said:

So, does this document protect you against covid and so you don't have to take a test on your way back?

I think I'll take some of those papers with me to make sure I don't catch it during my trip to Thailand. ????

It's a magic document, so very wise decision...????

• Haha 2

A quick update on travel by ferry.

We are seeing an increase in 'mainlanders' travelling to Samui this month.

Whilst there are not the queues that we saw earlier, some guests are having to wait for a spot on a ferry.

As always, booking your ferry time is advisable.

Yesterday I went to the KP Municipal office to apply for permission to go to see a doctor in Surat Thani and return the following day. There was a printed notice on the wall that clearly stated that permission for this return trip could only be given at the check point on Thong Sala Pier, so I went there,  to be told that they could only give this permission if the case was urgent, i.e. if one had had a heart attack! So back I went to the Municipal office where I eventually got my permission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, delgarcon said:

Yes I'm sure, it was my way of saying that it's impossible to understand the forever changing regulations in this country. Sorry you didn't get it!

Well, most Thais don't join an international Cambridge A-level school - only a relative few, mainly foreigners, or half-foreigners, attends the international schools - so I don't see any reason for comparison. In my Scandinavian home country we also don't join the Cambridge-system, but we however survive quite well, even that our politicians include "forever changing regulations".

Thailand is a different part of the World with another culture, and has never been part of your empire. Thailand is well known for doing things the Thai-way-of-thinking, just like you Brits, looked by us continental Europeans, are well known to do things the Brit-way-of-thinking...????

Currently in Koh Phangan, arrived a few days ago from Bangkok. Took a taxi down to Chumphon and took ferry over to the island. 
Given their aren't many ferries running back to Chumphon we had hoped to take a ferry to Samui and fly directly back to Bangkok. But when we  plan to fly back we will have been out of Bangkok for just 12 days, when I look at travel restrictions into Samui it says you need to isolate for 14 days after arriving from Dark red zone. Does that mean we cannot fly back from Samui within the first 14 days of leaving Bangkok? Instructions are so unclear! 

2 hours ago, jamessiam123345 said:

Currently in Koh Phangan, arrived a few days ago from Bangkok. Took a taxi down to Chumphon and took ferry over to the island. 
Given their aren't many ferries running back to Chumphon we had hoped to take a ferry to Samui and fly directly back to Bangkok. But when we  plan to fly back we will have been out of Bangkok for just 12 days, when I look at travel restrictions into Samui it says you need to isolate for 14 days after arriving from Dark red zone. Does that mean we cannot fly back from Samui within the first 14 days of leaving Bangkok? Instructions are so unclear! 

You should be arriving Samui from "other districts of Surat Thani", I've not seen new information than the one posted before (see below); any need of quarantine, depending of you vaccination and test status, should be done on Phangan, but check with your potential transporter to be sure what they demand...

1552744870_Aug15rules.jpg.e2598ae61cf49e

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:01 AM, Serindib said:

What were the vaccination/test requirements to get on the ferry in chumphon?

Should be the same as the list posted above, if arriving from Dark Red Zone vaccination and test - i.e. no vaccination = no entry - if you have left Samui within 7 days and got a so-called Travel Certificate for re-enter, then vaccination and certificate, but no Covid-test is needed.

From Nicha, a.k.a. Samui Info by Nicha, posted today...

I just came back to Samui today from Dark Red Zone with BKK Airways and with the Travel certificate (within 5 days, of course). All good with the document, was quick, no comment from authority upon arrival. The first thing BKK Airways staff asked at the check-in counter was "Do you have a Covid test & evidence of vaccination?" I said only vaccinated but I've no test and just showed them my 'Travel certificate' which is sufficient. I asked the staff there at check-in counter what if a person is not vaccinated but have a test, can he/she still board the plane? They said no as it's the regulation that they need both certificate of vaccination and a test result or a Travel Certificate less than 5 days. Upon arrival, to double check, I asked the same question to an authority who checked my paper, if unvaccinated visitors can come to Samui now and I got the same answer which is " No, it's the new regulation now that visitors have to be vaccinated & tested ". So that's it, a review from my personal experience as of today.

This is an information in relation to flight to Koh Samui, not sure how arriving by ferries is now.

However, check with the ferry line what they wish of documentation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are planning to travel and looking for a Vaccine Certificate, Digital Health Pass or Vaccine Passport for domestic or international travel?

1. For domestic travel, download the Mor Prom app on your phone and you will have access to the Digital Health Pass and the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate (electronic copies on your phone).

2. For international travel, apply for a Vaccine Passport at Koh Samui Hospital (in Nathon).

More information HERE (scroll down to Digital Vaccine Certificate).

Samui-Vaccine-Passport.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, khunPer said:

If you are planning to travel and looking for a Vaccine Certificate, Digital Health Pass or Vaccine Passport for domestic or international travel?

1. For domestic travel, download the Mor Prom app on your phone and you will have access to the Digital Health Pass and the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate (electronic copies on your phone).

2. For international travel, apply for a Vaccine Passport at Koh Samui Hospital (in Nathon).

Mr Per, or indeed anyone else, please can you advise how I register on the Mor Prom app? It asks for a 13 digit ID card number, which, not being Thai, I dont have.

TIA.

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

Mr Per, or indeed anyone else, please can you advise how I register on the Mor Prom app? It asks for a 13 digit ID card number, which, not being Thai, I dont have.

TIA.

Instruction for registration in Mor Prom app registration is in same shared link. The 13-digit number you should have from your vaccination appointment, it was written on the yellow card with date for your 2nd jab. Otherwise you might be able to find the number from the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. as described in the link's Mor Prom app-instruction, just above the WHO-certificate.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:08 PM, khunPer said:

How can you download the app without Thai ID number?

It will not accept foreign passport number

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Use the 13 digit number you were assigned when you had your first jab. It is on the yellow appointment sheet you were given for your second jab.

(I think most started 600000........)

I did not get a yellow appointment slip I a white one. I CAN NOT Install the Mor Prom app to input any number. The app requires a Thai ID number

48 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did not get a yellow appointment slip I a white one. I CAN NOT Install the Mor Prom app to input any number. The app requires a Thai ID number

It looks like you are stuck installing the app then if there was not a 13 digit number on your white appointment slip, so go to Nathon hospital (3rd floor) with your passport and they should issue you with a printed International vaccine passport.

(They should also be able to give you your ID number)

You haven't said why you are needing proof of vaccinations but I am guessing that the international certificate would also be acceptable anywhere in Thailand as well.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The app requires a Thai ID number

It does not, it just requires the number you were given at the time of your first vaccination.

On the form it was called your Tax Number (13 digit number)...on the app it's now called ID card number

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

It does not, it just requires the number you were given at the time of your first vaccination.

On the form it was called your Tax Number (13 digit number)...on the app it's now called ID card number

Tax-number and ID-number are the same 13-digit number, and yes, it was written on the yellow vaccination appointment card. You should be able to get it from Samui Hospital in Nathon, 3rd floor, where you, as others have mentioned it, can also have a WHO vaccination passport. Link with instructions have been shared in an above post...

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

For those that had the Pfizer 1st jab at Koh Samui Hospital (Nathon) on 10/09, this number is on the GREEN paper than you were given.

(And, your 2nd job is 01/10, 08:00-15:00, also at Koh Samui Hospital (Nathon))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So - still 7 day quarantine in spite of what some reports say.

On another subject - Burmese are still banned from coming to Samui.

Family arrived last night - Burmese maid. She has had two vaccinations and a negative PCR test, yet she was still stopped from boarding the ferry at Donsak.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Domestic arrivals to Koh Samui from 15th October 

Only either Vaccine certificate or Antigen test will be required to enter Samui.

Covid-19 Vaccines

• Sinovac/ Sinopharm (2 doses)
  • Astra Zeneca/ Pfizer / Moderna (2 doses)
  • Johnson & Johnson (1 dose)

or Covid test less than 7 days old

• Rt-pct
  • Antigen test

Exemption: Children less than 6 years old

Source: Samui Covid Center 9th October 2021 & KoSamuiLife.com.

241374130_404376984553944_8718640391133094852_n.jpg.b50ef9e90b5912df7f6387b72bcef410.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, khunPer said:

Domestic arrivals to Koh Samui from 15th October 

Only either Vaccine certificate or Antigen test will be required to enter Samui.

Covid-19 Vaccines

• Sinovac/ Sinopharm (2 doses)
  • Astra Zeneca/ Pfizer / Moderna (2 doses)
  • Johnson & Johnson (1 dose)

or Covid test less than 7 days old

• Rt-pct
  • Antigen test

Exemption: Children less than 6 years old

Source: Samui Covid Center 9th October 2021 & KoSamuiLife.com.

241374130_404376984553944_8718640391133094852_n.jpg.b50ef9e90b5912df7f6387b72bcef410.jpg

Official announcement has been issued. Coming to Ko Samui from 15 Oct as domestic traveller, only Covid Test (RT-PCR/ Ag Test not more than 7 days), or vaccine certificate is required. Children below 12 yrs are exempted.

Just a quick update on transport to and on Koh Samui.

More domestic tourists are visiting - especially at weekends.

A few guests were unable to hire a car at Samui airport. None available. So if you are travelling here - book your hire car in advance.

Also, queues at the ferry terminal at Donsak with long waits for people who have not pre-booked their ferry slot.

• Thanks 1