Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

With Songkhran and Easter being part of the same holiday week, it has been very busy here on Samui.

25 - 27 flights a day during the week and 31 flights today.

Almost like pre-Covid?

FMP was pretty jammed last night.

Hopefully all arriving home safe and sound.

• Like 2

Cruise ship terminal or not..?

The Transport Commissioner Says The Koh Samui Cruise Ship Terminal Is Not Worth It

649842.jpg

Google translate...

On April 26, 20, in the Petch Samui conference room Municipality on Koh Samui Koh Samui District Surat Thani Province The Transport Committee was led by General Yodyuth Bunyathikan, Chairman of the Transport Committee. along with the committee to visit the area of Koh Samui to listen to the problems of the local fishermen's waterways and to monitor the readiness of the cruise terminal at Laem Hin Kom, Taling Ngam Sub-district, Koh Samui District with Mr. Prawet Thaiprayoon, Deputy Governor of Surat Thani Province, Mr. Chayapol Inthasupha, Koh Samui Sheriff, Mr. Ramnet Jai Kwang, Mayor of Koh Samui City Along with relevant agencies in the area have confirmed and clarified information on the construction of the cruise port.

For the preparation of the cruise terminal construction, the area of Laem Hin Kom, Taling Ngam Sub-district, Koh Samui District, has been determined. Will need a budget of 16 billion baht, which will have the capacity to support cruise ships of 160,000 gross tons, the length of the berth 340 meters, depth 10 meters, capable of receiving up to 500,000 tourists per year, can generate income giving the country more than 2,000 million baht per year, which is in accordance with the government's policy that tourism generates income into the country...

Read the full story in the source article in Thai language "กรรมาธิการคมนาคมชี้สร้างท่าเทียบเรือสำราญเกาะสมุยไม่คุ้ม".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

The Transport Commissioner Says The Koh Samui Cruise Ship Terminal Is Not Worth It

Excellent news thank you.

When the cruise ships used to come pre-Covid, the convoys of tour buses and safari jeeps were a real pain.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Direct flights with Cambodia Airways - Koh Samui/Phnom Penh started this month.

Let's hope that it is a success. Useful for a short break away now and again.

5500+ each way, so I cant see it being that successful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steelerian said:

5500+ each way, so I cant see it being that successful.

Cheaper than flying to Singapore and a lot less expensive once you are there.

Good for a break for a few days. (Once they kill the Thailand Pass.)

Mind you, the Singapore flight price may come down with the Resident card but I still prefer Phnom Penh for a short break.

(We had our first guests from PP on the inaugural flight today.)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
✈️ Bangkok Airways announces the opening of a new flight route.
???? Samui-Hatyai route.
(-)Starting service from 16th July onward
(-) Serving 3 flights per week
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday only as follows
✅ PG 411 USM-HDY 10.30-11.40
✅ PG 412 HDY-USM 12.10-13.20
Further flight schedules can be checked HERE.

Source; Tourism Association of Koh Samui.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, simon43 said:

What's the procedure for bringing my car to Samui?  Do I need to pre-book the car-ferry? (Which one?)  What times are the car ferries?  Thanks

Definitely book your ticket.

Friends returning to Samui yesterday had a booking and tried to catch an earlier ferry.

They were told that all ferries were full. Cannot change.

Two ferry companies. Both from Donsak but different piers. Most Seatran ferries are newer.

Seatran

https://www.seatranferry.com/

Raja

https://www.rajaferryport.com/?act=p&title=sailing-schedule

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

What's the procedure for bringing my car to Samui?  Do I need to pre-book the car-ferry? (Which one?)  What times are the car ferries?  Thanks

If you come without reservation, come about one hour to 45 minutes before departure - I did a return trip yesterday Samui-Donsak-Samui by Seatran without bookings, no problems when arriving about 45 minutes before scheduled departure - ferries are full at the moment, also with many pedestrian passengers, last ferry from the mainland departs at 5 pm...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

What time was the ferry on your return trip khunPer?

3 pm. Lots of pedestrian travellers and full to the edge of cars. Most of them must have been without pre-booking. I didn't have any, I came 45 minutes early, was number four in the non-reservation row and among the first third of cars driving onboard...????

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

3 pm. Lots of pedestrian travellers and full to the edge of cars. Most of them must have been without pre-booking. I didn't have any, I came 45 minutes early, was number four in the non-reservation row and among the first third of cars driving onboard...????

That is the ferry that my friends were booked on. They were trying to catch an earlier one.

Unusual to be that busy coming to Samui on a Monday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Due to keeping the old ferry-fares by decree, Seatran Ferry need to reduce fuel-cost by changing schedules to fewer departures from July 14th, suspend membership cards and discounts, and suspend advanced ticket sales, including fares for all vehicles...

image.thumb.jpeg.9aea828aaf5af0cf76adf4c128ae82e8.jpeg

Announcement in Thai Language:

ประกาศ จาก ซีทรานเฟอร์รี่  เรื่องมาตรการหลังมีคำสั่งชะลอค่าโดยสาร จากผู้ว่าสุราษฏร์ นายวิชวุทย์ จินโต
บริษัทซีทรานได้รับผลกระทบจากการชะลอการใช้ค่าโดยสารอัตราใหม่ ส่งผลให้ต้องรับภาระขาดทุนต่อเรื่อง จึงมีความจำเป็นต้องปรับลดขบวนการทำงาน ลดต้นทุน และลดค่าใช้จ่ายน้ำมัน (ซึ่งเป็นต้นทุนหลักของการดำเนินงาน) จึงของแจ้งดังนี้
1.ลดเที่ยวโดยสารเส้นทาง ดอนสัก-เกาะสมุย
2.ระงับการใช้บัตรสมาชิกทุกประเภทชั่วคราว
3.ระงับการจำหน่ายตั๋วล่วงหน้าทุกช่องทาง รวมถึงตั๋วโดยสารสำหรับยานพาหนะทุกชนิด
ประกาศ 13 ก.ค.2565

image.thumb.jpeg.383c5925a153cab87d29be878319f51c.jpeg

• Like 1

Mu GF tells me Seatran is cancelling the cards for the time being, so not possible to book a car in advance for specific date/time...really inconvenient. Many times we go and come back the same day,  if we have to wait in the queue it would shrink the time we can spend in the mainland as sometimes the wait times are 2-3 hours.

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

Mu GF tells me Seatran is cancelling the cards for the time being, so not possible to book a car in advance for specific date/time...really inconvenient. Many times we go and come back the same day,  if we have to wait in the queue it would shrink the time we can spend in the mainland as sometimes the wait times are 2-3 hours.

And they are reducing the number of Sailings.

I am told that this is in response to the governor telling them NOT to increase prices.

• 1 month later...