after july 31

Hopefully They will do it in stages according to your Visa type. Leave the people that live here permanently until last. That way they can clear the backlog of temporary visas holders,then catch up on the rest. No point in having a cluster #$&* like before.

19 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

Hopefully They will do it in stages according to your Visa type. Leave the people that live here permanently until last. That way they can clear the backlog of temporary visas holders,then catch up on the rest. No point in having a cluster #$&* like before.

People who live here "permanently" are not really affected, unless they have to do border runs, rather then having an annual extension of stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about someone who is due to make a 90 day report, ie 22nd May, he therefor does not go, so then he goes 90 days later sometime in August. I suppose that will be too simple for Thai immigration.

If the order is not extended beyond July 31st they will make an announcement about when 90 day reports are due.

I will of skipped 2 of them by then. One that was due a week ago.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Be careful folks, that is purely a personal opinion and not the law as it stands.  The group that has not been mentioned here are the "Over 50 years of age group on Retirement Visa" who need to extend after one year and to do 90 days Reporting.  Hopefully that will be covered in due course, once the Authorities have worked out a system so that there is not a "log-jam" at the Immigration Offices on 31 July.  Watch this space! 

Some of us are lucky_pure fluke..

My retirement extention expires 28 november...im sure things will be settled down by then.

I will do short trip to vietnam or similar,just prior to 31 july,so no need for 90 day report...

2 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Some of us are lucky_pure fluke..

My retirement extention expires 28 november...im sure things will be settled down by then.

I will do short trip to vietnam or similar,just prior to 31 july,so no need for 90 day report...

That assumes you will be able to meet the requirements set by Vietnam for entering the country at that time, and the requirements Thailand sets for foreigners wishing to enter the country. If you are lucky, that will only be 14 days enforced quarantine at each end.

• Like 1

I hope after 31th of july the 14 days quarantine will not be necessary when entering Thailand. The tourism industry is very important for Thailand's economy, if you want a lot of chinese tourists spending money in your country, you can't have a 14 days quarantine after august. 

22 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

I hope after 31th of july the 14 days quarantine will not be necessary when entering Thailand. The tourism industry is very important for Thailand's economy, if you want a lot of chinese tourists spending money in your country, you can't have a 14 days quarantine after august. 

Very true.  Any idea of mandatory 14-day quarantine for tourists will effectively kill off the tourist industry completely.  Thais are not that stupid!

3 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

People who live here permanently don't have to do anything at immigration, this affects only temporary visa holders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Very true.  Any idea of mandatory 14-day quarantine for tourists will effectively kill off the tourist industry completely.  Thais are not that stupid!

There is a high degree of xenophobia right now, in spite of the fact that Thailand's own figures show that most of those infected are Thais.

Although there are powerful interests who will want to save the hotel and tourism industries, I do not think Thailand is going to be willing to trade tens of thousands of its own citizens' lives to satisfy those interests. I consider it wishful thinking to believe quarantine free entry is going to happen until people can show certificates of effective vaccination against Covid-19.

• Haha 2

On 4/24/2020 at 5:47 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

It doesn't mean that at all.  The are working on the assumption that by 31 July the borders will have re-opened and departing flights operating, so most people will have been able to go home, or do their border run.

If by June borders are still closed and people cannot leave, it will have to be extended again.  

It has nothing to do with people who are on permission to stay for a year and married to a Thai or by those who have a retirement visa and like myself my next 90 day at Kanchanaburi is on 11th May and been advised still to report to their offices then or before
It is those who have visited as tourists and can not get flights home.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

People who live here "permanently" are not really affected, unless they have to do border runs, rather then having an annual extension of stay.

Exactly report at local immigration office unless at the more popular places regarding retirees

7 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I think the OP was referring to the resident expats who need to do 90-day reporting, as well as renew their annual extension.

Currently those who should report their 90-day do not need to until 31st July.

Friday 1st August and Monday 4th (also Wednesday 6th) are both holidays, with the weekend in between.So the first viable day to report will be Tuesday 5th August.

My 90 day is on 11th May or before and no been advised that I go to my local office as per normal

4 hours ago, Estrada said:

"After july 31, does that mean every one will go to immigration on the same day?"

No, you would be on overstay. Unless there is another extension, anyone with an extension to July 31st will be on overstay.

Yes, and again this is causing alot of confusion. 
My 90 day reporting is due on or before 11th May and here on a extension of stay and will report to Immigration and always have done it in person.
I have read about this 90 day but think it is for the tourists who have extended one or two times and in any case there would be a huge queue on 31st July.
Agreed the tourist would not know or need to re the 90 day one, but if one can visit then as advised by my local Immigrstion office, I will do so but might claify later but it seems a lot of confusion,

Edited by john west
Just adding
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, john west said:

My 90 day is on 11th May or before and no been advised that I go to my local office as per normal

They gave you incorrect information. 

11 hours ago, john west said:

But still report on 90 days to their local Immigration office.

Not needed according to the ministerial notice.

"(2) the period of time for the notification of residence under Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) or in accordance with the relevant notifications of the Ministry of Interior, upon the completion of the period of time for the notification of residence for such alien, shall be extended as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020) to 30 April B.E. 2563 (2020);" (Note now extended to July 31st)

This is what 37(5) states.

"5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days."

1 hour ago, john west said:

I have read about this 90 day but think it is for the tourists who have extended one or two times and in any case there would be a huge queue on 31st July.

Not correct. It is for anybody that can stay longer than 90 days in the country after a applying for their first extension.

By July 31st most tourist that should of left already if the borders are open.

When it is decided that the ministerial notice will not be extended anymore immigration will announce when the reporting is due. They certainly do not want everybody showing up on August 1st to do their reports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not correct. It is for anybody that can stay longer than 90 days in the country after a applying for their first extension.

By July 31st most tourist that should of left already if the borders are open.

When it is decided that the ministerial notice will not be extended anymore immigration will announce when the reporting is due. They certainly do not want everybody showing up on August 1st to do their reports.

Thanks and notice you mentioned first extension and have been told I can report as normal on or before 11th May.
Thanks

13 minutes ago, john west said:

Thanks and notice you mentioned first extension and have been told I can report as normal on or before 11th May.

You do not have to do the report. Your office gave you incorrect info.

The first extension I mentioned is to dismiss them being needed by most tourists. For example if they entered on a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for 30 days they would not need to do a report until 90 days from the day they applied. That means they could be here for 150 days without needing to report. Also I can assure you immigration will not be trying to enforce it for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No it is not, they are suspended!

My Immigration office stated you can still come in and we are open and surely if one can do it as per normal will save a lot of hassel. Ubon Joe sorry forgot his full member name mentioning the first extension.
I will advise everyone to check with their own Immigration office 

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The first extension I mentioned is to dismiss them being needed by most tourists. For example if they entered on a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for 30 days they would not need to a report until 90 days from the day they applied. That means they could be here for 150 days without neededing to report. Also I can assure you immigration will not be trying to enforce it for them.

Yes, indeed understand from the tourist angle ie can not get flights etc but oh see why they stating the 90 days and it is not for us who have been here years.
Thanks

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The first extension I mentioned is to dismiss them being needed by most tourists. For example if they entered on a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for 30 days they would not need to a report until 90 days from the day they applied. That means they could be here for 150 days without neededing to report. Also I can assure you immigration will not be trying to enforce it for them.

Ubon joe and have asked a few times and for the likes of us who have been here years and there will be chaos but if one can do it in person and some other post stated they are suspended and can see it for the tourists.

3 minutes ago, john west said:

My Immigration office stated you can still come in and we are open and surely if one can do it as per normal will save a lot of hassel. Ubon Joe sorry forgot his full member name mentioning the first extension.
I will advise everyone to check with their own Immigration office 

Yes, I understand, I did mine online myself as it was available. I would not have wanted to attend the IO though, for a waived requirement, no more than I would go to the police station and ask them if my car has been automatically flagged for speeding.

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Thanks and my local office is open and yes you can come in as per normal? Again everyone please check with your local immigration office either by going in or communicating with them with their official sites.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I understand, I did mine online myself as it was available. I would not have wanted to attend the IO though, for a waived requirement, no more than I would go to the police station and ask them if my car has been automatically flagged for speeding.

Well, see your point but if one can do it normally then possible hassle later on will be avoided. Please everyone check with your own office as often theeir policy is different on other matters too.
I will recheck but for sure will be going in.

4 minutes ago, john west said:

Ubon joe and have asked a few times and for the likes of us who have been here years and there will be chaos but if one can do it in person and some other post stated they are suspended and can see it for the tourists.

They certainly did not have tourists in mind when they suspended 90 day reporting. The intent was to reduce the number of people having to  be at a immigration office. They could of also thought of the very strong suggestion that people should stay at home unless it is something that has to be done.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Thanks and still going to recheck as still go in and if one can do it before, why not but take your point about suspension and was not made aware of this and also when I messaged thenm on the site.
Do not want the problem of overstay later on???

Edited by john west

2 minutes ago, john west said:

Do not want the problem of overstay later on???

Not doing a 90 day or being late doing one is not a overstay. It is just that. The fines for the 2 are also in a different section of the immigration act.