Arriving during May

at15

22 hours ago, treetops said:

Hotels.  At Government expense.  If you believe this from the site we're not allowed  to quote:

The Public Health Ministry would initially pay for the accommodation of returnees at hotels and the Defence Ministry would help sponsor it later, he said. In the future, there might be different classes of quarantine hotels for returnees who could afford to pay, he said.

There is no question that this pertains only to Thai returnees. Why would the government pay for a returned ex-pat? They do very little to support us, and if anything they seem to want us to leave. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question that this pertains only to Thai returnees. Why would the government pay for a returned ex-pat? They do very little to support us, and if anything they seem to want us to leave. 

The part about being put in a designated hotel I think applies.

But yes, entirely possible you:ll be charged a fee for it.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are only Thai returnees at the moment so true for now.  The government may want to pay for others to prevent the spread of the virus, and also to look good.  When the airport was closed a few years ago the government paid for hotels for farangs unable to leave, so there is a precedent.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is now being reported that CAAT has extended the ban on incoming international flights through end of May.

That makes total sense. Thailand is well insulated and the numbers are wonderfully low. The rest of the world looks likes Zombieland in comparison. Why risk that? And who would be coming anyway? Likely only returning Thais and a few expats, and the restrictions would be significant. 

Edited by spidermike007

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That makes total sense. Thailand is well insulated and the numbers are wonderfully low. The rest of the world looks likes Zombieland in comparison. Why risk that? And who would be coming anyway? Likely only returning Thais and a few expats, and the restrictions would be significant. 

So when the ban on international incoming flights end I guess it will coincide with the removal of the impossible to get , $100,000 covid 19 insurance ?  I would think there will be restrictions on countries that still have the virus and passengers will have to have an up to date virus clear rest cert . Some might say European tourists will be watching which countries are going to be admitted to Thailand . 

maybe they will make 14 day quarantine for all people who coming to thailand , me i stay 6 month there not a problem , but for the tourist who stay there 2 week ? stay  2 week at the hotel and back home ??