The week that was in Thailand news: Rooster in hospital - and the conversations are deadly serious!

rooster59

25 minutes ago, JoePai said:

aging foreigner in English football jersey, shorts and face mask

Can you at least try and learn how to dress properly ?

Yes, should be a wife beater for an English bloke ????

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

against a backdrop of international reports suggesting that even those who have had the virus may not have immunity.

OK,  I usually don't analyze your weekly posts.   Generally good natured , and  generally the

digs you take don't bother me.

Soooo,  you got your little dig in at Donald this week.   No problem.  But an easy mark with

thousands of like minded ( read:  self centered power figures)  running amok

I guess what really caused me concern is that I do not think you would think that your writing

reflects the usual MSM  blah blah ( maybe i'm wrong ?)

The excerpt above IMO  is one that plays right out of the brainwashing playbook.   Write something that gives the impression that there are FACTS involved.   The words "suggesting" and "may"  are definitely not factual.....  but those puppets  readers who are not so keen will

obviously take this as a warning.   Yes,  the art of "suggesting"  and "maybe"  are quite effective,

but it is what goes around those words that media chooses to edit as they deem fit.

Generally  i could care less .......... but as you and almost everyone is reminding us.....

these are unprecedented times .   

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

I mean they could cancel the English Premier League

It was announced a few hours ago that the Premier League has been cancelled.

In Canada a gunman shot nearly two dozen people, but the media barely referred to it.

I now live in Toronto because could not get a plane for Thailand.  The Canadian media did not barely refer to the shooting.  It was blazed across all media especially as the shooter dressed as a policeman (maybe in false RCMP garb and disguised a car to look like one of theirs).  Last count 22 dead but may be more.

'nuf sed.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:
53 minutes ago, JoePai said:

aging foreigner in English football jersey, shorts and face mask

Can you at least try and learn how to dress properly ?

I agree with JoePai.  You should have also put your football stocking on, worn the time honoured scarf, and taken your rattle.

'nuf sed.

42 minutes ago, rumak said:

Write something that gives the impression that there are FACTS involved.   The words "suggesting" and "may"  are definitely not factual.....  but those puppets  readers who are not so keen will

obviously take this as a warning.   Yes,  the art of "suggesting"  and "maybe"  are quite effective,

but it is what goes around those words that media chooses to edit as they deem fit.

It would appear more than a few of DJT's countrymen have indeed taken his suggestions as fact:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-yorkers-household-cleaners-trump-20200425-rnaqio5dyfeaxmthxx2vktqa5m-story.html

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

It would appear more than a few of DJT's countrymen have indeed taken his suggestions as fact:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-new-yorkers-household-cleaners-trump-20200425-rnaqio5dyfeaxmthxx2vktqa5m-story.html

the whole world is a mess......    uh    edit:   some people are suggesting that maybe the whole

world is a mess.    

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes.......dumb plonkers following the dumb plonker-in-chief! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rumak said:

Generally  i could care less .......... but as you and almost everyone is reminding us.....

i already have 2 negative reactions,  and probably will get more.  yeah, rooster is a likeable guy.

So is B Gates  and  the pretty girls on CNN  reporting.    

I love all the smart guys here with their usual shtick .  here is one example today : "Its generally accepted that ......"    Then we have  :  most experts agree,  only an idiot would say,  where is your tin foil hat, i don't care what these conspiracy theorists say,   I don't listen to what some boring front line doctors say,      Great intellectual stuff there.

I have given rooster a thumbs up a few times.   i am sensitive to the hysteria abounding at the present time and the

uninformed remarks so many make.   So i put my two cents in.   Sorry if that offends 

Edited by rumak

3 hours ago, rumak said:

OK,  I usually don't analyze your weekly posts.   Generally good natured , and  generally the

Soooo,  you got your little dig in at Donald this week.   No problem.  But an easy mark with

I guess what really caused me concern is that I do not think you would think that your writing

The excerpt above IMO  is one that plays right out of the brainwashing playbook.   Write something that gives the impression that there are FACTS involved.   The words "suggesting" and "may"  are definitely not factual.....  but those puppets  readers who are not so keen will

My feelings exactly. I don't why I bother to read this claptrap. Maybe it's because I need to 

reflect at what somebody with too much time on his/her hands thinks the world needs to hear  their thoughts.

4 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

It was announced a few hours ago that the Premier League has been cancelled.

I now live in Toronto because could not get a plane for Thailand.  The Canadian media did not barely refer to the shooting.  It was blazed across all media especially as the shooter dressed as a policeman (maybe in false RCMP garb and disguised a car to look like one of theirs).  Last count 22 dead but may be more.

'nuf sed.

Who said the Premier league is cancelled, i think the word you look for is suspended 

36 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

My feelings exactly. I don't why I bother to read this claptrap. Maybe it's because I need to 

reflect at what somebody with too much time on his/her hands thinks the world needs to hear  their thoughts.

well,  we ALL  have time on our hands and are taking up time posting on this forum,  as well

as other ways to pass time.   Generally  i read and or post knowing that it is just my own form

of claptrap    haha     Maybe i read too much into the wording used by rooster,   but wanted

to give my opinion anyway.    

There are big debates on TV  about the handling of the C19  "crisis"  ,  actually getting boring

as nothing is ever agreed upon.   Experts, Facts,  Theories, Shutdowns........

I am suggesting that maybe ................

oh,  forget it

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

well,  we ALL  have time on our hands and are taking up time posting on this forum,  as well

as other ways to pass time.   Generally  i read and or post knowing that it is just my own form

of claptrap    haha     Maybe i read too much into the wording used by rooster,   but wanted

to give my opinion anyway.    

There are big debates on TV  about the handling of the C19  "crisis"  ,  actually getting boring

as nothing is ever agreed upon.   Experts, Facts,  Theories, Shutdowns........

I am suggesting that maybe ................

oh,  forget it

The lead in 'Rooster in hospital ' struck me. I was hoping to hear about at least a lobotomy

or an enema.

6 hours ago, rumak said:

Rooster writes a commentary, not a news report, and he is not a sovereign leader who words should /could serve as guidance for a nation. 

You know, it's like the commentators on fox News who can spout nonsense with immunity because they are not reporters; such as pushing malaria drugs as a virus cure for weeks with no factual basis whatsoever.

Rooster, like these types, is entitled to his opinion regardless of how ridiculous or biased it may appear to you. 

=========

"Generally  i could care less" 

Are you aware of what this phrase actually means? Think about it for a minute. I think you will see that it conveys the polar opposite of your presumed intent. 

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

30 cases. Here is the more amazing thing from your article:

According to data obtained by The News, the Poison Control Center only handled 13 similar cases in the same 18-hour period last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Rooster, like these types, is entitled to his opinion regardless of how ridiculous or biased it may appear to you. 

=========

Are you aware of what this phrase actually means? Think about it for a minute. I think you will see that it conveys the polar opposite of your presumed intent. 

Two things RD .

1.  I never, in any of my posts, say that people are not entitled to their opinion !  Usually I am the

one stating that obvious point.    MY POST  took issue to some wording , gave my reasons, and of course am entitled to do that.  NO ?

2.  If you want to give English lessons than you will be a very busy man on internet forums. I usually do not even start sentences with a capital letter.   BTW:  you might check this out :

Is I could care less correct?
English teachers and grammarians will say that "could care less" is wrong because it should mean the opposite of "couldn't care less." Logically, if you could care less, it means you do care some. But in informal speech people often use "could care less" to mean they don't care at all.     

So, if you want to be my english teacher,  go ahead.  I could care less.    or formally:  I couldn't care less 

8 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Thanks Rooster, that was highly amusing. Giggling all the way through.

Have never read these posts before.

Well I am glad you found the column. This is consecutive Sunday edition #213 and all the rest are archived somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

Rooster

4 hours ago, overt2016 said:

Doesn't everyone have too much time on their hands right now?

Rooster

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Rooster writes a commentary, not a news report, and he is not a sovereign leader who words should /could serve as guidance for a nation. 

You know, it's like the commentators on fox News who can spout nonsense with immunity because they are not reporters; such as pushing malaria drugs as a virus cure for weeks with no factual basis whatsoever.

=========

What to Know

Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care less" is the older and more obvious phrase grammatically, but it has been confused for so long that both are now defined. Additionally, the example sentence "it's impossible that could care less" is the same as the intended meaning.

Rooster