Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's misinformation. 

The mortality rate of this virus is not yet known. 

Quite, and it will never be known with any great accuracy.

Many cases where patients have tested positive will have died from pneumonia but would have been recorded as C19. By the same token many will have died from pneumonia without ever having a test.

Very often the virus is a catalyst to death rather than the actual cause.

At the end of the day the only figure that actually means something is the deviation from the norm in overall deaths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

All countries are facing this mystery except for maybe Iceland and New Zealand. 

About 6 weeks ago New Zealand abandoned the status quo in favour of the Taiwan model, intense lockdown and quarantine arrivals.

Sound familiar?

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, not understand your post.
I am trying to say that one can criticize the country where one stay.

Of course you can but that does not make it right. Would you tolerate someone at your table saying you were incompetent and the like. Of course not. Those that think they have the right to criticise should already have their bags packed.

People that live in Thailand do so as a concession by the Thai government and have no say in how that concession is implemented.

If you are from a democratic country you may have the right to political participation in that nation but elsewhere there is no such right.

Every chance the Thai bashers will bring some form of repercussion to us all.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lkv said:

Well, it's called freedom of speech.

No it is not, it is called respect for your host, but then you have to understand what that means.

There are no expat "victims" in Thailand, that is called freedom of choice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

There is no conclusive evidence that lockdowns have had any effect, and plenty of scientists are arguing that they haven’t. 

Ridiculous eh? I don't care how many experts, studies etc. etc. state that lockdown's aren't working. I trust my own intelligence enough to know that if I don't come into contact with other people, I'm unlikely to get infected.

I have no proof of this as I have not been tested but I'm pretty sure I've already had a mild version Covid 19. How? I visited Thailand and Vietnam in early March - travelling through many major transport hubs and was in close contact with people in public in Bangkok especially. I began to feel unwell on 10 March and returned to the UK on the 11th. Its quite clear to me that whatever I had, I picked it up as a result of my travels and interactions.

If you wish to believe the figures put out by the Thai government, that's up to you but considering the first infection was recorded on 13 January and lockdown's (of sorts) didn't start for around 2 months, the official Thai numbers are incredible.

The virus is extremely prevalent in the UK for example but I believe it would have been thousands of times worse if we hadn't locked down. The only argument I have some belief in is that lockdown's will have to end before a vaccine is found but are likely to return intermittently - so this situation is likely to go on and on. I believe that most governments accept that and are simply trying to keep hospitalised cases to a level they can cope with.

You may want to look at what happened in New York when they locked down too late.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

If you wish to believe the figures put out by the Thai government, that's up to you but considering the first infection was recorded on 13 January and lockdown's (of sorts) didn't start for around 2 months, the official Thai numbers are incredible.

Well that must go for our neighbours too.  Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar.  All have lower numbers than Thailand.  Even Hong Kong have less than ourselves.

They're all lying???

• Like 2

18 hours ago, idiot farang said:

Yeah, something about "being condemned to repeat it" somehow evades the collective conscious of seemingly 2/3 of the human race. 

It's one thing to be brainwashed by this virtue signaling narcissistic globalist sshow that is 2020; it's quite another to cast aside all of human history when formulating one's opinion. Either these people have 60 IQ's or they are willfully ignorant. I suspect it's a combination; paired with a selective education and the intellectual curiosity of a house plant.

History only applies to these kind of people when mentioning the Spanish Flu, The British Empire and unknown reasons for pulling down statues

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sandyf said:

Hypocrite. Like everyone else you would not put up with someone slagging you off in your own home, you would ask them to leave.

I did that in England to those that slag us off and threaten us with their own laws taking over via a cult disguised as religion. Guess what happened? I took my own advice and decided to leave somewhere I couldnt change, and here I am, the irony 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely correct. And also the incubation phase is well past. We had millions of tourists here in January and February, similar to Italy. Yet, it never blew up here. Personally, I think it was well managed, and the heat and humidity, combined with the Vitamin D we get through our skin (that has been proven to promote immunity) helped alot. If this thing was going to blow up, it would have happened 4-6 weeks ago. Let it go. This is not the zombie apocalypse. Covid is nearly gone from Thailand. Time to get back to work. It is only fair to the Thai people. They need this. Extending this shutdown would be punitive for them, and cause alot more suffering, and perhaps make the "economic startup" far more difficult. 

Yep, I got ridiculed by the poo pants on here warning me to "just wait until the incubation period is over, 2 weeks this, 2 weeks that" and "all these workers running back to their provinces at Mo Chit bus station, you wait and see, the whole of Thailand will be gasping for breath"

Well, we are way past all of that now and what? Tell me where it all collapsed and people are dropping in the streets? 

It is immensely satisfying being proven correct, but even more satisfying seeing the ones who genuinely believed they were 100% correct, to be proven 100% incorrect. Sorry if I come across as smug . . .  but thats the way y'all made me feel

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Obviously never heard of a Previous outbreak.

OK so when was this previous outbreak? 

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Ridiculous eh? I don't care how many experts, studies etc. etc. state that lockdown's aren't working. I trust my own intelligence enough to know that if I don't come into contact with other people, I'm unlikely to get infected.

I have no proof of this as I have not been tested but I'm pretty sure I've already had a mild version Covid 19. How? I visited Thailand and Vietnam in early March - travelling through many major transport hubs and was in close contact with people in public in Bangkok especially. I began to feel unwell on 10 March and returned to the UK on the 11th. Its quite clear to me that whatever I had, I picked it up as a result of my travels and interactions.

The virus is extremely prevalent in the UK for example but I believe it would have been thousands of times worse if we hadn't locked down. The only argument I have some belief in is that lockdown's will have to end before a vaccine is found but are likely to return intermittently - so this situation is likely to go on and on. I believe that most governments accept that and are simply trying to keep hospitalised cases to a level they can cope with.

You may want to look at what happened in New York when they locked down too late.

No mention of you self isolating when you went back to the UK? And do you think herd immunity might have shortened the lockdowns? And NYC is a typical example used by all who wish to cause panic. I could use Grassington in North Yorkshire as an example of very few cases/deaths. Thats simply because hardly anyone lives there

• Haha 1

Quite, and it will never be known with any great accuracy.

Many cases where patients have tested positive will have died from pneumonia but would have been recorded as C19. By the same token many will have died from pneumonia without ever having a test.

Very often the virus is a catalyst to death rather than the actual cause.

At the end of the day the only figure that actually means something is the deviation from the norm in overall deaths.

But if you cant debate on the figures given, you should not be commenting at all. Otherwise all you are living in is fiction or fantasy island. Is this the way of the millenial mind? Disbelieve anything you are told, make something up, believe that, then pass it around as a fact to anyone who is daft enough to listen? No wander we have so many indoctrinated robots that NEED the likes of Prayut to look after them

• Like 1

Of course you can but that does not make it right. Would you tolerate someone at your table saying you were incompetent and the like. Of course not. Those that think they have the right to criticise should already have their bags packed.

People that live in Thailand do so as a concession by the Thai government and have no say in how that concession is implemented.

If you are from a democratic country you may have the right to political participation in that nation but elsewhere there is no such right.

Every chance the Thai bashers will bring some form of repercussion to us all.

It's called a "discussion" and if - even in my house- I am not able to take criticizm, then I'd better never have guests!

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Well that must go for our neighbours too.  Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar.  All have lower numbers than Thailand.  Even Hong Kong have less than ourselves.

They're all lying???

Totally out of the question for totallitarian regimes like Myanmar and Cambodia...right?!

15 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

But if you cant debate on the figures given, you should not be commenting at all. Otherwise all you are living in is fiction or fantasy island. Is this the way of the millenial mind? Disbelieve anything you are told, make something up, believe that, then pass it around as a fact to anyone who is daft enough to listen? No wander we have so many indoctrinated robots that NEED the likes of Prayut to look after them

Well, there is evidence to suggest that the death count is misrepresented. Flu deaths in the UK are being classified as covid-19 deaths because pneumonia 'may' be a consequence of covid-19.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

History only applies to these kind of people when mentioning the Spanish Flu, The British Empire and unknown reasons for pulling down statues

succinctly dead on.

Of course, implicit in your response is the fact that their version of history is revisionist history.

42 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Yep, I got ridiculed by the poo pants on here warning me to "just wait until the incubation period is over, 2 weeks this, 2 weeks that" and "all these workers running back to their provinces at Mo Chit bus station, you wait and see, the whole of Thailand will be gasping for breath"

Well, we are way past all of that now and what? Tell me where it all collapsed and people are dropping in the streets? 

It is immensely satisfying being proven correct, but even more satisfying seeing the ones who genuinely believed they were 100% correct, to be proven 100% incorrect. Sorry if I come across as smug . . .  but thats the way y'all made me feel

Please enlighten me: how do you know, you were right?

Thailand has totally insuficient test results!

The numbers make no sense and if you were as clever as you pretend to be, you should know it!

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Many seem to be genuinely shocked that the zombie apocalypse never happened. 

Such an over reaction. And I will say it again. The economic recovery will likely be 200x worse than Covid itself. 

I think they are more upset it didnt happen because it has proven them wrong, yet again. They would prefer tens of thousands of cases and deaths just as long as they were proven correct. Its obvious by the narcisstic attitudes of certain members, holier than thou and end up doing what they accuse their nemesis, old orange man of doing. Backtracking and saying they didnt mean that . . .  blah blah blah. Comedy Gold

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, belfast3 said:

Well, there is evidence to suggest that the death count is misrepresented. Flu deaths in the UK are being classified as covid-19 deaths because pneumonia 'may' be a consequence of covid-19.

image.png

Thanks, you have backed up that Covid deaths are attributed to underlying conditions haha. Please dazzle me with a link of how many deaths are related to CV19 without any underlying symptoms such as pneumonia - ONLY corona please

3 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Thanks, you have backed up that Covid deaths are attributed to underlying conditions haha. Please dazzle me with a link of how many deaths are related to CV19 without any underlying symptoms such as pneumonia - ONLY corona please

Please stop deflecting. Obviously C19 deaths are related to underlying conditions, that has nothing to do with your original retort
to @sandyf regarding the categorisation of deaths. If someone has flu/pneumonia and dies, that does not automatically mean they died of C19.

8 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Please enlighten me: how do you know, you were right?

Thailand has totally insuficient test results!

The numbers make no sense and if you were as clever as you pretend to be, you should know it!

Im obviously more intelligent than you by the way I present my case. To save you having to read it again, I will waste more of my time explaining it again simply by saying, look at the time frames I used and then correlate that with the time frames that have passed. A SIMPLE mathematical equation should then give you your answer. Thats how I know I am right. If Im not right, I would present it as an opinion rather than a fact for fear of looking stupid, shame so many others dont have that same thought process ???? Was you school teacher one of those who just bangs pro lefty agendas through your skull? I mean, that wasnt such a difficult comment I wrote surely?

• Like 1

Just now, belfast3 said:

Please stop deflecting. Obviously C19 deaths are related to underlying conditions, that has nothing to do with your original retort
to @sandyf regarding the categorisation of deaths. If someone has flu/pneumonia and dies, that does not automatically mean they died of C19.

Oh dear. Im not deflecting anything. I will take anyone head on and if I am proven wrong then fair enough. Im not one of those who gets proven wrong and cannot accept it and continues way into the night 'deflecting'. 

Im not sure what makes you think I believe that when someone dies of pneumonia its down to Covid. I said that the death cert will have covid on there. So I believe they died because they had Covid ON TOP OF pneumonia. Thats why I asked for a link of COVID ONLY DEATHS WHERE THERE WERE NO UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. Which would show the REAL number of deaths from ONLY cv19. Hope you get that this time