Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes, he's done a good job ( IMO ) with controlling the COVID-19 outbrake, and hopefully his decisions continue to help minimize infection transmission without prolonged damage to the economy albeit a balancing act.

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.7c47d5439b449070eb2e60eafd11cb86.PNG

liberate Bangkok, liberate Thailand  555

Edited by Mavideol
spelling

Just now, Spock said:

Why shouldn't people moan about missing their boozing? Thailand is the only country of which I know that has banned alcohol as a means of combating the virus. The Thai government see banning alcohol as a solution to all sorts of problems. It's a draconian measure which is going to create resentment and unrest and should not be necessary if the message about isolating and distancing is getting through to the population. It's a shame that the government hasn't focused more attention in the past on reducing the road toll in the country, the second worst in the world and a blight on a country that purports to be one of the most advanced countries in the Asian region. 

other countries and regions in countries have also banned alcohol such as SOuth Africa and France

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

Nothing to do with complaining.

If they continue to have our beaches empty in the heat , plus no use of common pools , plus no beer... and for another month ... then even I will be breaking the law soon.

If somebody congregates on a beach , or over some beers ( or Som Taum for that matter ) ARREST THEM.

If we gotta stay away from people , make it tolearble to live alone - please !

Yes, I understand your horrible pain. All of the things you mentioned are really essential for life. Pools, beaches and beer. Please do as you say, and then you might be away from your essential things in life much longer. Good Luck!

• Confused 2

55 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

Perhaps you would like to call this a Scamdemic to the relatives of some of the 20,000 who have lost there lives to Covid-19 in the UK, or other parts of Europe or even the USA, including many doctors and nurses!  We are fortunate here in Thailand to have escaped the full wrath of this terrible virus.  My son and daughter in law, and daughter, are working long hours to save lives and prevent the spread of this pestilence through isolation, good hygeine and social distancing!  How dare you call it a "Scamdemic"! You sound as ill informed as that nutcase Trump!

How about Plandemic? There there

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Rubbish, the sessional flu killed more here, and there is a vaccine for that. It's a scamdemic, which many are fooled by. 

Call it what you want. It´s here and apparently it´s extended another month. Please try to survive. However, if you stay in this beautiful country you will have to live with it. Of course, you have the freedom of choice to stay or not to stay when they offer flights again.

• Sad 1

Just now, Matzzon said:

Call it what you want. It´s here and apparently it´s extended another month. Please try to survive. However, if you stay in this beautiful country you will have to live with it. Of course, you have the freedom of choice to stay or not to stay when they offer flights again.

The extension of the decree is really just political, giving the PM the power to make national decisions without parliament.  The big news will be tomorrow, when they decide which restrictions to relax (if any).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Have you offered your opinion to the government? And governments around the world?

Perhaps WHO would be interested?

Governments and politicians apart from going on power trips, are only interested in their own income steams. If Thai politicians could make money out of lifting restrictions, that would happen very quickly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

There is not enough covid-19 testing in Thailand.

There statistics are incomplete and inadequate.

Tell me how may people did they test?

% positive?

%negative?

% of population tested?

These are keys statistics that are needed.

How many unreported cases are there?

The figures are as follows

From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

As for unreported cases, they were unreported and therefore unavailable, as is the case in every country on earth.

I know you won't believe any figures, regardless of source, but I can assure you the earth is not flat.

Screenshot_20200427_115710.jpeg

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Seeing as you want my opinion 

• I live south of PKK everything working all shops open (well 90%) including hairdressers so no issues there
  • Curfew does not effect me 
  • Want to fly out in sept have ticket booked so no problems if i cant get back i sit it out with beloved sister ???? now if you believe that
  • All i want is to buy beer that would p***s me off if they extend
  • Don't care about restaurants or bars can meet mates at home or on beach for a beer as long as we get ..no problems until now with under the counter stuff ..fingers crossed nothing changes
  • Oh i am planning on buying a new RC yacht that's going to be an additional expensive toy

couldn't give a monkeys about anything else really!

Anything else you want to know??

Nah, that was quite extensive. I can not think of anything you need to add to this complete information.

However, I´ve just read that they extended the emergency decree another month, to 31 of May. I suppose that will p***s you off, because it would not surprise me if they keep the beer ban (read alcohol ban) as well.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I have a surprise for you. If you, or other people, think it has been to long. Ops! I just guess that does not matter at all. I takes as long as it takes. Just live with, and be happy that you are doing that in a country that have been taken good care of the people regarding health with low number of infections and deaths.

Well Im disappointed as not one thing in your comment surprised me. But this might come as a surprise to you, most of us are quite capable of taking care of ourselves and dont need dictating to. Oh and maybe try being a little less patronising to advise me or anyone else what I should or should not be happy about. You dont own TV and even more so, dont own my thoughts. You already gave yours away willingly. I hope I never become subservient 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, poohy said:

As it more or less normal here now even  barbers are open, just need Hompro to get its ass into gear and all will be well

More importantly P what about the beer Ban yes or no?

I don't need a barber, I'm bald. House is complete. But yes lifting beer ban is very important!!

"Last week, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said that restrictions could be eased if the virus had been controlled locally."

I would say that it is pretty well controlled in Samui! Can we have our restrictions eased please?

No photo description available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave moir said:

Staying healthy!!!!!!!

Have you not seen the queues of people standing waiting for handouts because they have no money or food to put on the table!!!!

The lockdown doesn't really have anything to do with Covid 19 it's about control of the people

Yes, of course! The government of a country shuts down everything and impose an emergency decree to control the people. They simply love that the value of the currency is, or is going to, be affected as well as making the tourism sector go down to 0 as well as helting all export. They are happy with no money floating to the coffers, and are only doing this to control the people.

And after that, you woke up, realizing all was just a dream.

3 hours ago, johng said:

We have been living with "viruses and other bad things"  since the beginning of time !

of course I don't have  the capacity to rid the world of viruses nor do you, even the best minds in the world are still looking to rid the world of viruses like HIV,malaria and the common cold  we can't live in a sterile bubble wrapped in cotton wool  life will and must go on.

Life will go on, when it´s time for that and deemed safe. Also there neither you or me have the power or knowledge to dicide that. Just leave it to the professionals and people educated in the health sector to decide. they have done a great job with Thailand so far.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

With the number of new cases at 9 and in the not so distant past being told by this government that restrictions could be reduced when new cases dip below 10 extending now is nothing more than a power drunk military government enjoying the total control they have and the opposition not being able to gather together and rally against them due to these restrictions.

total power control freaks. Thai people RISE UP AGAINST it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

There is not enough covid-19 testing in Thailand.

There statistics are incomplete and inadequate.

Tell me how may people did they test?

% positive?

%negative?

% of population tested?

These are keys statistics that are needed.

How many unreported cases are there?

And where Covid-19 testing is enough?! US? Europe? In the US the test itself costs USD 1.3k, and you cannot just come to the hospital at take it, you have to wait until the moment you're on your death bed and call an ambulance. In Europe pretty much the same. You cannot come to the hospital and take the test. You have to call your GP first. But GPs are telling you NOT to come to their office if you've got the symptoms. And again, the only option to get the test done is to call an ambulance if you are feeling you are going to die soon.

7 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Well Im disappointed as not one thing in your comment surprised me. But this might come as a surprise to you, most of us are quite capable of taking care of ourselves and dont need dictating to. Oh and maybe try being a little less patronising to advise me or anyone else what I should or should not be happy about. You dont own TV and even more so, dont own my thoughts. You already gave yours away willingly. I hope I never become subservient 

Ok, maybe you do not need to be told and dictated what to do and not do. Maybe many more will manage it fine. However, many will also make the wrong decisions. That´s why there is something called an emergency decree and a government running a country. They deem this needed, and then it will affect all. Everybody that would have done fine anyway, have to accept the decision and follow it. But, just maybe. Democracy is not ok, when you are not satisfied. Because thats how things are done in countries with a government.

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The extension of the decree is really just political, giving the PM the power to make national decisions without parliament.  The big news will be tomorrow, when they decide which restrictions to relax (if any).

Nope, it´s not.

2 hours ago, Bluedan said:

You nailed it man, its depressing reading that we are in the minority here. Even with questionable motives for labelling some deaths as caused by covid19 the death rate per infected citizen is not much different to seasonal flu figures. There is no evidence proving the rates to be affected by social distancing. Some experts are saying social isolation and lack of vitamin D are lowering our immune systems. The virus can be transmitted by fomites and last up to 3 days...so stay at home but dont touch that coke bottle in the fridge or the plastic bag it came in because it might have been touched by an infected person 3 days ago.

Its a matter of proportion. One person has allegedly died in Phuket from this virus, yet the whole island is shutdown and the people are suffering. For our liberties to be taken away there better be a damn good reason Something like 98% of people dying from this disease have underlying conditions. The cause of actual death is often debatable. To "protect" us the government has called this a pandemic and locked us up under house arrest and forced people out of business and out of work, and increased the prospect of suicide hunger domestic violence. These are things that will echo for years to come. 

Well the Dengue Fever season is almost upon us. Less see, Thailand had 106 people die from Dengue Fever last year and how many have died from the virus now. Sounds like for the good of all Thailand someone needs to keep the lock down in place the rest of the year, or better, for our health just make it permanent with minor changes, depending on how the people follow orders. May have to tighten up to teach the peasant a lesson till they get back in line. On and no alcohol, that stuff will kill you and make you beat your wife, and maybe ban pork while someone is at it. You get the DEVELS DRINK in you and the next thing you are looking at some lady you are not married to. You be thinking about Ridding Dirty, so no alcohol for you!

I have had Dengue Fever and given a choice, will try my luck with the virus over DF any day. And before all the Holy Rollers get on this, read belowwwwww.

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
Edited by RANGER55
took out he!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

If it means ensuring the transmission rate of infections drop then sure, why not. 

And how many more suicides is that going to cause as more and more hopelessly in debt Thais despair?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dice Man said:

If mass suicides do not occur first- people are starving!!

Yes, that´s a big problem. However, I´ve heard from many people that they got to a third decision stage in their handout application today. That usually means that they have about 80% chance to get the payment. Let´s hope that at least comes to the people in need.