Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

4 hours ago, brucec64 said:

You mean research from inforwars.com? Seems like the site where you most likely get your news since you won't believe anything from the "authority" figures that I supposedly worship.

BTW, congrats on your 10th post ????

I anoint you king of the non-answers.

Well done.

deflect.

deflect.

deflect.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

It's time to change the strategy. There are 2500 people infected with a virus and more than 60 million people are locked for that at home and 8-10 million people lose their jobs and income. The virus is not particularly fatal. From the 2500 infected, 50 died. Half of which would have died of old age, normal flu, pneumonia, etc. anyway. It would be better to quarantine the infected people as than 99% of the healthy population. (all numbers rounded). 

Today 9! new infected people. The probability that one of them will die is about 2%. You don't cut your whole head off just because you have a pimple on your face.

its a really good point, except that assume the numbers are far higher, Thailand like many other countries has not tested anywhere near enough. However, it would be cheaper and seemingly more sensible to quarantine all the people confirmed and let everyone else get on with their lives. This would work if you can test enough people though. perhaps it would still need staggered but in principle it does make more sense to look to moving towards that kind of model. It might be expensive to do but surely less then crashing the entire economy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just read that the centre of covid19 admin are recommending the state of emergency be extended 'til the end of May. Anutin also couldn't wait til the 12.30 announcement and told reporters that the numbers of cases today are in single digits.

Seems to me that the numbers being given to the public make for nice reading, but the government know they aren't reflective of what's really going on. 

A good source from bumingrad said total numbers of deaths reported so far was flying out the back doors of bumingrad daily at the hospital 

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

A good source from bumingrad said total numbers of deaths reported so far was flying out the back doors of bumingrad daily at the hospital 

They must have died of pneumonia or other comorbidities, surely not covid-19 ????

18 hours ago, idiot farang said:

So many people in the world are seemingly thrilled to have their personal freedoms taken away by a handful of power crazed authoritarians making decisions on how we can live our lives.... boggles the mind.

Further, a complete lack of understanding of how this 'crisis' is their wet dream test case for controlling the masses and the concept of a slippery slope. The naivete is breathtaking.

boggles my mind too

there is no outbreak in thailand and no emergency in terms of corona 

and the virus is not deadly in 99% of the cases or less

and the hospitals are not busy.

start testing and do something 

lock downs is the opposite , restriction is for someone like steven 100 who is not able of take care of himself, 

the rest of us who are use to take care and able, only need information to cope .

and even so people like steven 100 are around it will still be manageable and maybe it would be healthy for people like him to get some inspiration from common sense on contra mindlesss leaders with limited education and life experience .

life is for everyone and no one can restrict common freedom from all on there own .

what kind of person is that anyway, not someone i would trust, but that trust does not seam to be the case of importance anywhere .

and thats epidemic in my opinion 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Seems to me that the numbers being given to the public make for nice reading, but the government know they aren't reflective of what's really going on. 

Why hold back, just tell us what is really going on and give us the your verified actual numbers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Life will go on, when it´s time for that and deemed safe. Also there neither you or me have the power or knowledge to dicide that. Just leave it to the professionals and people educated in the health sector to decide. they have done a great job with Thailand so far.

People like Anutin???

Trolling along as if the autocracy was splendid.

Fine sunny day outside.

Just that they dont want you to enjoy it.

Edited by jojothai
Added text
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have been in touch with Udon Thani Airport and the number for Savanhaphumi A.O.T 

and on both occasions we were told there is no special requirements for travelers from

one province  to another , at least between these two, just passports or ID, and your own face mask.

i also believe they give you paperwork to fill in (maybe a new type TM6 Covid-19 ?)

the wife confirmed this after  having a chat with them (Thai) after me.

but no restrictions apart from new seating and no drinks but could hardly be called restrictions.

more like requirements. and if that is incorrect someone needs to contact the A.O.T 

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

I just want to be able to travel into the next Province so i get into Makro and get some food that is not available in Uttaradit . Uttaradit has Tesco and that's it absolutely pathetic but i am hoping that CP Group get to buy out Tesco so that we get  a Makro here .

s    

12 hours ago, brucec64 said:

That is quite an original spin on the usually boring "traffic accidents" comparison. Driving is a disease and accidents are rising exponentially, so its the same as the coronavirus! I will definitely remember that one if I can ever get out for a beer with friends again.   Thanks for that! 

"Driving is a disease"  so you think mass testing would eradicate driving.

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Do they have a Russian Dossier to prove it? As they used to say in the early days of the Internet. Pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by wasabi

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

According to me, one should not abstain to express his opinion about a country whatever status one has, being guest, resident, tourist... 

Hypocrite. Like everyone else you would not put up with someone slagging you off in your own home, you would ask them to leave.

• Confused 1

PLEASE NO!!!!

Take the 69.5 million people and only 50 dead?! Cmon already.

Do the percentage math...

There is a 99.9% chance that you WILL LIVE if you catch the virus!

Lets get sensible..

Lockdown another week to be sure and save face...but another month is gonna kill more people IMHO

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

PLEASE NO!!!!

Take the 69.5 million people and only 50 dead?! Cmon already.

Do the percentage math...

There is a 99.9% chance that you WILL LIVE if you catch the virus!

Lets get sensible..

Lockdown another week to be sure and save face...but another month is gonna kill more people IMHO

That's misinformation. 

The mortality rate of this virus is not yet known. 

As far as cases and deaths there are definitely very many cases and deaths that don't show up on official count lists. 

The question is to what degree.

Not known. 

Keep in mind this virus is massively infectious and without preventative measures it spreads exponentially. 

Yes unfortunately that does mean just one case can rapidly become millions. 

That doesn't mean not to open up towards a new normal. 

It does mean to do that intelligently. 

Sorry bars are out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry bars are out. 

Why are bars out ??

Is there any difference, sitting in a bar having a drink, to sitting in a restaurant having a meal ??

Go to the packed market by all means but don't sit at a table having a beer ??

Jump on a busy commuter train but don't even think about perching on a stool with a cold one !!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's misinformation. 

The mortality rate of this virus is not yet known. 

As far as cases and deaths there are definitely very many cases and deaths that don't show up on official count lists. 

The question is to what degree.

Not known. 

Keep in mind this virus is massively infectious and without preventative measures it spreads exponentially. 

Yes unfortunately that does mean just one case can rapidly become millions. 

That doesn't mean not to open up towards a new normal. 

It does mean to do that intelligently. 

Sorry bars are out. 

Mortality rate is 0.1% thats recent study in LA. Also they said that on hot mic on Trump conference. 

1 minute ago, Xaos said:

Mortality rate is 0.1% thats recent study in LA. Also they said that on hot mic on Trump conference. 

You can't know the mortality rate from one study. I posted before BTW that the related Santa Clara County study is seen as having major flaws particularly about the inaccurate tests showing many false positives. If you only looked at Italy you might post that the mortality rate was more like 10 percent which is obviously wrong. 

The science and data will eventually get us to the real numbers. We aren't there yet. 

Politicizing this is not helpful. 

The virus does not care about politics. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You cant have a Further outbreak, if there isn't a Current outbreak, can you?

89% recovered out of 2800 infected over the last 2 months

So a total of maybe 300 people out of 69 million being treated.  

The official numbers don't reflect reality. Not in Thailand. Not anywhere. 

1 minute ago, The Barmbeker said:

...if that is the real number!

Of course they aren't. It's fully known there are very many more cases and deaths. The question is to what degree. All countries are facing this mystery except for maybe Iceland and New Zealand. 

• Like 1