Covid-19: Option of lifting some restrictions considered

webfact

Option of lifting some restrictions considered

By The Nation

800_ef7cd8d55c6396e.jpg?v=1587976933

The authorities are mulling the option of relaxing some restrictions for certain businesses, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson for the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Monday (April 27).

The relaxation of the measures will be divided into four levels, 25 percent to 100 percent, with the situation reviewed every 14 days. For instance, if 100 percent of the restrictions are lifted in an area and new confirmed cases are found within 14 days, the restrictions will return.

Also, even if the restrictions are completely lifted, four measures will still be in place: control on international arrivals; 10pm to 4am curfew; ban or restricted interprovincial travel; and prohibition on social gatherings.

The Public Health Ministry, meanwhile, has come up with three scenarios:

1. Best: Where strict control on transportation is applied and new infections maintained at between 15 and 30 daily (current stage);

2. Controlled: Low-risk businesses are allowed to reopen and some international travel allowed, resulting in 40 to 70 new infections daily (bringing the total confirmed cases to around 4,661 in June which is acceptable);

3. Outbreak: No measures in place for both domestic and international travel resulting in uncontrolled transmissions with 500 to 2,000 new cases found daily (bringing the total number of confirmed cases to around 45,596 by June or July).

Separately, the private sector has suggested that business should be assessed and split into four levels depending on the risk, namely white, green, yellow and red. They also suggested that 50-per-cent of employees should be allowed to return to office while the rest should continue working from home.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386850

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-27

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

The relaxation of the measures will be divided into four levels, 25 percent to 100 percent, with the situation reviewed every 14 days. For instance, if 100 percent of the restrictions are lifted in an area and new confirmed cases are found within 14 days, the restrictions will return.

Also, even if the restrictions are completely lifted, four measures will still be in place: control on international arrivals; 10pm to 4am curfew; ban or restricted interprovincial travel; and prohibition on social gatherings.

"OK understand the rules of the game? Good. OK contestant number one give the wheel a spin." 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

Outbreak: No measures in place for both domestic and international travel resulting in uncontrolled transmissions with 500 to 2,000 new cases found daily

The thing about that 2000 number - there is no upper limit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NLseller said:

Most pools in condos are hardly used by occupants in this country and it is ridiculous to see them shut even though there are no covid cases in these buildings. .

Not to mention hotels and resorts.

As long as they can't open their pools, they won't have a customer, at least outside Bangkok.

The tourism industry is already decimated, and closing the pools is giving it the coup de grace...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NLseller said:

We have a 60m pool in our block in Chaengwattana Pakkred which has been close for the last 5 weeks and is destroying my health and well being as I am a regular lap swimmer.

Other fitness regimes are available.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Right, it's not mentioned, but i was hoping to buy some on 1st May.

Go to your local Mom&Pop shop or get a Thai to go there for you; that is if they've got any left by now , most around our way have run out and there are no new deliveries !

4 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Go to your local Mom&Pop shop or get a Thai to go there for you; that is if they've got any left by now , most around our way have run out and there are no new deliveries !

Tried already 10 days ago, no joy.

Yet, 3 days ago there was one of the local finest sitting on the door with a big Leo in his hands. The outrage !

18 hours ago, webfact said:

For instance, if 100 percent of the restrictions are lifted in an area and new confirmed cases are found within 14 days, the restrictions will return.

I'm so glad that I'm already set up with retirement payments, a nice house, Fiber Internet cable and a computer. Just don't let the electricity go off.  These idiotic rules and restrictions hardly affect me, but I really feel for the working and poor people. 

I've lived here for 20 plus years and I've always viewed the Thai government in the same light as England, Australia and Canada (i.e. the Parliament thing), but observing the handling of this crisis by them has shown me just how idiotic they can be.

They really do not know what they are doing.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
corrected spelling from effect to affect.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

For instance, if 100 percent of the restrictions are lifted in an area and new confirmed cases are found within 14 days, the restrictions will return.

And after that they will seal the doors of the condominium or apartment building and gates of the village to prevent anyone from spreading it outside the area.

38 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Try telling Schwarzenegger to swim. When you are a swimmer, that's what you do. 

Except nowadays they don't, so swimmers should look on it as an opportunity.  The glass half empty ones would apparently rather sit on their bum and claim it's "destroying my health and well being" rather than try any alternative.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, NLseller said:

Most pools in condos are hardly used by occupants in this country and it is ridiculous to see them shut even though there are no covid cases in these buildings. We have a 60m pool in our block in Chaengwattana Pakkred which has been close for the last 5 weeks and is destroying my health and well being as I am a regular lap swimmer. Private pools in condominiums are usually built specifically for a group of people and if there are no risk in that group it should be left to the discretion of the individual juristic to open it up for use.

OHHHHHHH . . . I totally agree. I so miss the pool. We have 7 large platforms around the pool. Well spaced apart for social distancing. There are maintenance people there almost all the time taking care of the area. If people are not behaving they could just tell the juristic office to take care of the problem. In normal times I was the only person using the pool 90% of the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NLseller said:

Most pools in condos are hardly used by occupants in this country and it is ridiculous to see them shut even though there are no covid cases in these buildings. We have a 60m pool in our block in Chaengwattana Pakkred which has been close for the last 5 weeks and is destroying my health and well being as I am a regular lap swimmer. Private pools in condominiums are usually built specifically for a group of people and if there are no risk in that group it should be left to the discretion of the individual juristic to open it up for use.

Many condominiums are used as hotels (with or without a license). Normally our pools are fully occupied by such hotel guests. This might be a reason why they want to block the pools. 

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Many condominiums are used as hotels (with or without a license). Normally our pools are fully occupied by such hotel guests. This might be a reason why they want to block the pools. 

Yeah but I think the suggestion is to leave it up to the juristic management to decide. Some places may have tourists stuck in their AirBnB rentals. Other places may be vacant of tourists because of the ban on incoming flights. I don't fault the restrictions up to now but going forward, if outdoor areas are opening up, then I think condo pools could be included in that. Large gatherings will still not be allowed even in the public parks. 

2 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Yeah but I think the suggestion is to leave it up to the juristic management to decide. Some places may have tourists stuck in their AirBnB rentals. Other places may be vacant of tourists because of the ban on incoming flights. I don't fault the restrictions up to now but going forward, if outdoor areas are opening up, then I think condo pools could be included in that. Large gatherings will still not be allowed even in the public parks. 

It IS up to the juristic management of each condo to decide if to close or keep open. Only public pools have to close.

3 minutes ago, pattjock said:

It IS up to the juristic management of each condo to decide if to close or keep open. Only public pools have to close.

Hmmmm. Then they need encouragement. They posted signs that said they were doing it because of government orders.