Covid-19: Option of lifting some restrictions considered

webfact

19 hours ago, NLseller said:

Most pools in condos are hardly used by occupants in this country and it is ridiculous to see them shut even though there are no covid cases in these buildings. We have a 60m pool in our block in Chaengwattana Pakkred which has been close for the last 5 weeks and is destroying my health and well being as I am a regular lap swimmer. Private pools in condominiums are usually built specifically for a group of people and if there are no risk in that group it should be left to the discretion of the individual juristic to open it up for use.

Right on mate! ????

We have 6 people in our condo complex Out of 50 units in Phuket all long term island livers, can’t swim in the pool can’t go to large empty beaches either (note this area isn’t Pattaya or Patong at this time of year!).

Infection rates very low, death rates at a fraction of 1%. 
poor Thai people many starving or eating a bowl of rice per day. They’re doing it very tough indeed. I know this for a fact! 
watched tv news from England, Al Jazeera, and US today and they all ran stories on how it appears that large numbers of populations have been infected and never become a-symptomatic. Meaning that this disease may, may not be as deadly as govts and others have said it is.
I’m aware that death rates in Italy as one example have been in the region if 14% for those known to have been infected  which is high and terrible.

So such reports today bring questions up in me as to what was known and is now being reported as to what is actually happening with this virus and it’s mutations, and what and how do we go from here?

• Like 2

2. Controlled: Low-risk businesses are allowed to reopen and some international travel allowed, resulting in 40 to 70 new infections daily (bringing the total confirmed cases to around 4,661 in June which is acceptable);

3. Outbreak: No measures in place for both domestic and international travel resulting in uncontrolled transmissions with 500 to 2,000 new cases found daily (bringing the total number of confirmed cases to around 45,596 by June or July).

This is a stunning degree of nonsense, and panic mongering. If Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin (spokesperson for the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration) were not a government official (meaning he is above the law) I would suggest having him arrested and imprisoned for his stupendously irresponsible predictions of the number of potential new cases. First of all, new international travel would never be allowed at this stage, without significant screening, and prevention measures in place, health certificates showing the passengers have been certified as Covid free, etc. So, that makes these numbers even more inane, alarming, panic inducing, apocalyptic, and beyond stupid. 

Extending the lockdown at this point is a power grab by the administration, and is absolutely punitive to the Thai people. They have already demonstrated their unwillingness to help these folks, with the insufficient aid plan, which had over an 80% rejection rate. If they were serious, they would simply require a Thai ID. You show up, present your ID, and get your check. Or better yet, your cash.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

2. Controlled: Low-risk businesses are allowed to reopen and some international travel allowed, resulting in 40 to 70 new infections daily (bringing the total confirmed cases to around 4,661 in June which is acceptable);

3. Outbreak: No measures in place for both domestic and international travel resulting in uncontrolled transmissions with 500 to 2,000 new cases found daily (bringing the total number of confirmed cases to around 45,596 by June or July).

This is a stunning degree of nonsense, and panic mongering. 

These numbers came up when they were making trials with the national lottery, which may or may not reopen together with the economy, depending on whether the number 999 will finally show up or not.

Please hold your breath!

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, NLseller said:

Most pools in condos are hardly used by occupants in this country and it is ridiculous to see them shut even though there are no covid cases in these buildings. We have a 60m pool in our block in Chaengwattana Pakkred which has been close for the last 5 weeks and is destroying my health and well being as I am a regular lap swimmer. Private pools in condominiums are usually built specifically for a group of people and if there are no risk in that group it should be left to the discretion of the individual juristic to open it up for use.

no doubt your pool will have chlorine in the water....which is put in to kill germs 

I do not know if chlorine KILLS the covid 19 but think it would help to...!!

21 minutes ago, essox essox said:

no doubt your pool will have chlorine in the water....which is put in to kill germs 

I do not know if chlorine KILLS the covid 19 but think it would help to...!!

Chlorine is a common disinfectant for cleaning laboratory surfaces. In any case you are not going to catch the virus from pool water. Pools were closed to discourage large groups of people from socializing. The same with the alcohol ban. I’ve seen plenty of crowded pools at hotels and there are the pool parties. Most condo pools are deserted though. Maybe they would be less so now that people are staying home. They could be easily controlled and monitored but it would depend on the staffing. Also I think uncertainty of social distancing enforcement leads to shutting down everything.