Bangkok Bank letter

Next week for the 13 time I’ll be doing my annual extension based on O-A in Hua Hin. I now have my medical insurance certificate from an approved supplier so that option covered but in the past the bank letter was just confirming current balance and statements for the past 90 days of money seasoning. Now I presume that the confirmation letter will be the same but are there any problems in getting Statements for the past 12 months showing the required balances and what do I ask the bank assistant for. I ask because I have heard reports that some banks or branches are sometimes difficult in providing the required info.

did my non-o extension yesterday and the usual bank balance statement was rejected, needed a bank statement that showed the last 2 months of transactions. I had copied all the pages of the bankbook and they were taken (had to sign all of them) but was no proof that I didn't dip below 800K. Back to the bank and after that everything was ok.

There are two new forms to sign this time stating the criteria for an extension and one stating the penalties for overstay.

Explaining everything to my wife the I/O took her mask off because it muffled her voice she said. Luckily there was a glass panel between the I/O and my wife (who had her mask on). For me it was another frustrating day, heaps of copies, Bank, Immigration, Bank, Immigration, 23 signatures and raised blood pressure.

You would think it would get better over time (11 years now) but its not...

Edited by nongsung
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nongsung, I know exactly how you feel and I’m on my 13th. Spent an hour or three yesterday copying just about everything the immi officer might need and off this morning to the bank all spruced up for immigration after. Firstly not too long a queue and In front of the teller and I ask for bank letter yes she smiles and statements from 1st May 2019 and her face drops,  cannot  she says I can only give you 6 months, now trying to discuss this through a face mask plus plastic screen became impossible mainly as I have a very quiet voice so I lowered my mask to get a look that could kill from her which then frustrated me even more. So after another 15 minutes of her taking copies and filling forms and lightened by 200 baht I left with a promise it would be there next Wednesday at opening time. And now I have to get myself unstressed to get re-stressed for next Wednesday again. And I couldn’t even get a coffee or beer until I got home wondering why I keep going through this palaver year after year, perhaps this being 13th time it really is an unlucky number..... 

• Like 1