Pattaya: We warned you about not going on the beach! Eleven foreigners taken to police station

webfact

One of the best pieces of advice given to me when we had a restaurant was to take down all the silly signs outside and inside the restaurant as the more you have the less people will read them.  Just have the one showing what type of business you are.

Trust me it is true.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

This virus is NOT ebola, the virus by itself doesn't kill by itself ftom what has been reported.

a very short and very important sentence that has more meaning and significance than anything I have ever read about this virus 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

The message has been very clear since April 1

20200413_125233.jpg.0a8f20ecab92a7a32e48e5380ecb0230.jpg

A side-walk/foot-path  is a public area, right?

Walking is an activity right?

Therefore walking on a sidewalk can land you in jail.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why all the fuss?

Thailand is not the only country that applies stringent regulations.

In North Korea for example, if you walk in the wrong place, you also get arrested and send to prison.

3 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

so by my calculations this would equate to 14,600 baht pocketed for the BIB.

11 x 1,000 for the farangs & 12 x 300 for the Thais.

All off the books of course.

Not bad for a mornings work, especially during covid-19 ????

Your calculations are based on what? Maximum penalty is 1 year in prison, 100K THB or both.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lkv said:

Why all the fuss?

Thailand is not the only country that applies stringent regulations.

In North Korea for example, if you walk in the wrong place, you also get arrested and send to prison.

And if France you need a travel document to leave your house. Thailand is probably in the middle in terms of lockdown severity compared to the rest of the world, so what's your point?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

Thailand has nearly 3,000 Covid cases with 52 deaths  in 4 months- sit near the beach not allowed.

USA has over 1 milion cases with 56.800 deaths - the beaches are full again.

compare this the beach on the top is in California the one on the bottom in Australia

beach.jpg

beach1.jpg

Edited by White Christmas13

12 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

And if France you need a travel document to leave your house. Thailand is probably in the middle in terms of lockdown severity compared to the rest of the world, so what's your point?

Point is, if the document is ok you're on your way. You can also take fines to courts if they are abusive and they get cancelled. In less developed places, you are more prone to abuse from unregulated corrupt police. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Andrew23 said:

So, I can't exercise either on the beach nor on beach road? Or just can't do it in a group?

There is the main police station on Beach Road so you might be better off going elsewhere for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

Good job. I see it with my own eyes here in Pattaya every day. Some people don't care about restrictions and laws and such people need attitude adjustments. 

Really, you were on the beach too......????

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, you were on the beach too......????

Of course not. But I have to walk on the Beach Road sometimes. One of the most impressive locations was the area opposite of Mike Shopping Mall. Many Farangs and some with their own chairs and booze and music and Thai ladies and no masks. 

• Haha 1

Perhaps it needs to be area specific ( as in high density population areas). but personally I find the no swimming rule absolute rubbish. They did this in Australia even I places where you can swim n surf hundred metres from the next person ! Ridiculous edict.