Pattaya: We warned you about not going on the beach! Eleven foreigners taken to police station

webfact

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

That's because you dreamed it.  I see girls everywhere giving me admiring and lustful glances, but that's a dream too. 

It can not be a dream, your just such a Hansum man, it has to be real......

• Haha 1

"Hey, you 20 people....you are all arrested!!"

"Now, let's get together real close so we can talk."

In six months there will be articles that say, "Well, it seems like we were wrong about Covid.....but, ah, sorry about your job and money.  OK, thanks for playing."  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

White Zone on 4 May: Small outdoor shops and hawkers that are necessary in every day life, public parks & outdoor food vendors

Green Zone on 18 May: Small general shops that are air-conditioned and outdoor exercise venues.

Yellow Zone on 1 June: Department stores, community malls, markets, barbers & beauty clinics, dentist, badminton court & swimming pools

Red Zone on 15 June: High risk premises like movie theaters, massage shops, stadiums, pub, karaoke, gym, tutorial school, exhibition hall, meeting rooms etc

thanks i thought for sure this would be headlines here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

Thailand has nearly 3,000 Covid cases with 52 deaths  in 4 months- sit near the beach not allowed.

USA has over 1 milion cases with 56.800 deaths - the beaches are full again.

Obviously what the Thai government does seems to work ????

3 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

Thailand has nearly 3,000 Covid cases with 52 deaths  in 4 months- sit near the beach not allowed.

Albeit the beaches in the US are also closed and the folks just ignored those rules as well...Lifeguards in California were tobusy with rescues to actually arrest and clear the beaches there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Albeit the beaches in the US are also closed and the folks just ignored those rules as well...Lifeguards in California were tobusy with rescues to actually arrest and clear the beaches there.

No.

The beaches were actually opened by some of the local governments.

And Lifeguards do not arrest people only on TV.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i just read about the phased reopening of bars in Thailand of June 15th. not seeing the story here anywhere. 

Perhaps because this thread is about people being arrested on the beach?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

It's not quite that way in the US.  In California, beaches are closed in LA and SD counties, but open in Ventura and Orange counties.  The CA GOV may crack down because of the abuses.  His comments are probably similar to the thinking in Pattaya....

[GOV Newsom: "But if there are people thumbing their nose and abusing it, putting their lives at risk because they're impacting the lives of others, and ultimately setting back the cause of reopening the economy as quickly as we'd like to, I think we may have to do a little bit more."]

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/gavin-newsom-beaches-california/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i just read about the phased reopening of bars in Thailand of June 15th. not seeing the story here anywhere. 

Unrelated to this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

so by my calculations this would equate to 14,600 baht pocketed for the BIB.

11 x 1,000 for the farangs & 12 x 300 for the Thais.

All off the books of course.

Not bad for a mornings work, especially during covid-19 ????

Where did you get 1,000 bht. I think the fine is a tad higher then a traffic ticket. More like trying to squeeze the max 100,000 bht fine from the falang and 1,000 bht for the Thais.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

You have just given proof that controlled distancing and curfews etc work

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Why on earth would you not be allowed to swim in the sea?

As far as I know it is allowed to swim in the sea as long as you don't use the beach...

54 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The song "Dream On" comes to mind after reading your post.  You can complain all you want, but a Decree and rules with regulations have been made.  Warnings have been given on a daily basis, but then some people want to behave like they know what is best for the rest of the world do what they want.  I get it, I want to do things that I can not do now, but I do not flout the regulations put forth, nor do I try to take the government to task for what I see as a perceived disenfranchising of people and rights.  Maybe you can do it for us, since you seem to understand epidemiology....

I don't care about the restrictions tbh, I obeyed them and was / am happy enough to stay home and make the odd trip to 7/11 or the market.

I am happy enough around my home as there's always plenty to do.

My issue is some of the people calling others irresponsible for not wearing a mask outdoors or even sitting in a public space with their mates for an hour or 2 before going home again.

My 2nd issue is the fact that the government have locked things down but not provided anything financial for those who've been left jobless. My partner hasn't made a baht for almost 2 months, and the govt haven't even acknowledged whether she's eligible for assistance yet.

So back onto the topic at hand. People shouldn't be getting locked up for arbitrary infringements, am sure a stern warning and some advice would have sufficed.

By criminalizing people you're creating new problems on top of existing ones. And by not allowing people to work you're (not you personally) making people more desperate.

The lockdown til June does look like control as confirmed cases are dropping and people do by and large understand their civic duties by now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

The swimmers should end up in the asylum the walkers deported such criminality can't be tolerated????

So...1000 lashes with a wet noodle because it was on beach road.....As it has been said.  You could put all the signs up you want, people are blinded for there own needs and do not see what is in plain sight because as they feel, it does not pertain to them  Stupid is as Stupid Does...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1