Pattaya: We warned you about not going on the beach! Eleven foreigners taken to police station

webfact

It's a pity the police aren't as keen to enforce the existing traffic laws.  They would save many more lives if they were.

April road fatalities are a fraction of normal, with some days into low single figures. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Eleven foreigners and twelve Thais were rounded up and taken into custody. 

Should I have noticed, that this sentence, buried within this "article," also mentions twelve Thais?

11 Foreigners  +

12 Thais

=============

Pattaya: We warned you about not going on the beach! Eleven foreigners taken to police station

Sorry folks, but the math just doesn't add up.

Edited by Chrysaora
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

Yep, I often see them at local concerts for example. Easy to point out with their bags and minutes later chatting with the uniformed guys.

Yeah, I have known this and observed them for way too many years now. Even if they have a mohawk and ear rings you know it is a Thai undercover. My Spidey sense always confirms it as well. 

5 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

Thailand has nearly 3,000 Covid cases with 52 deaths  in 4 months- sit near the beach not allowed.

USA has over 1 milion cases with 56.800 deaths - the beaches are full again.

And that's why they are now predicted to have 75,000 deaths and over 1 million cases. They don't like to social distance and don't wear masks. Also they  shake hands, kisss/hug .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, papa al said:

A side-walk/foot-path  is a public area, right?

Walking is an activity right?

Therefore walking on a sidewalk can land you in jail.

There are literally hundreds of pedestrians along Jomtien beach road walkways every morning. Never seen one stopped, admonished or arrested by the many cops on bikes that see them. I wouldn't worry too much about taking a walk. Same in Pattaya, the soi 9 cop shop doesn't even bat an eye at the passing joggers/walkers.

32 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

Yep, I often see them at local concerts for example. Easy to point out with their bags and minutes later chatting with the uniformed guys.

Those dangly key chains that make them sound like prison wardens !

Just back from Pattaya beach road. Was warned in a quite aggressive manner by the police that I can't walk along the street and I must go to another side of the road. I was jogging alone. So, you  can't even step in there by law. 

Thanks for not throwing me to jail for such a serious crime.

Edited by Andrew23
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

Thailand has nearly 3,000 Covid cases with 52 deaths  in 4 months- sit near the beach not allowed.

USA has over 1 milion cases with 56.800 deaths - the beaches are full again.

And maybe that's why the USA has a million cases.

• Like 2

This shows when they have the will the Police can clear the beach area, so why can't they in normal times do their job and permanently rid it of the spaced out yaa baa druggies, drunks, pimps and vagrants that make it their permanent 24 hour home. No idea where those lowlifes have gone now, but if City Hall were ever serious about cleaning the place up to make it a not unattractive beach promenade it would be a perfect time to start. Don't let them back, Now there's no people allowed why don't they also clear away all the assorted construction rubble that is littered along the walkway.  Not much effort required. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

There are restrictions and laws and on top of it big warning signs at the beaches here in Pattaya. It is up to you if you ignore all this. But please don't complain about consequences afterwards. This would be extremely naive. But obviously there are plenty of people like this. 

They are all subject to a 100,000 baht fine or not less than twelve months in prison. It's a pity the don't also get 50 strikes of the cane for crass stupidity. 

Edited by simtemple

1 minute ago, simtemple said:

They are all subject to a 100,000 baht fine or not than twelve months in prison. It's a pity the don't also get 50 strikes of the cane for crass stupidity. 

They did not punish them at all. They just warned them not to repeat it and then they were released. 

3 hours ago, Andrew23 said:

Just back from Pattaya beach road. Was warned in a quite aggressive manner by the police that I can't walk along the street and I must go to another side of the road. I was jogging alone. So, you  can't even step in there by law. 

So one can walk on building side of beach road? Please clarify. Thanks.