Phuket’s ‘Tambon Lockdown’ lifted, apart from five key areas

snoop1130

Phuket’s ‘Tambon Lockdown’ lifted, apart from five key areas

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1588079069_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatyan annoucned the lifting of the ’Tambon Lockdown’ this evening (Apr 28). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana this evening announced the lifting of the “Tambon Lockdown”, except for five areas where the spread of COVID-19 is still of primary concern.

The “Tambon Lockdown”, brought into effect on Apr 13, prohibited any non-essential travel between any of Phuket’s 17 subdistricts in the hope of preventing the spread of the virus.

The announcement to lift the lockdown followed the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee earlier today (Apr 28).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tambon-lockdown-lifted-apart-from-five-key-areas-75885.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-28

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taxin said:

What about the provincial lock down ? Will Sarasin bridge be opened up on the 1st May ? (I want to get in Phuket, not out).

Looks like no Provincial travel by land so unfortunately no unless there's a extremely good reason with relevant paperwork. 

It says all three areas to have checkpoints............so what about leaving Patong to go to Chalong or Phuket Central store?? Not sure if they mean that access to Bangla Rd will mean access to Patong will be curtailed?? 

PS. Just looked on the Phuket map and it seems like Central is out of the question.....now waiting foe any news that will allow me to stock up on wine!!

The areas that will remain under quarantine are:

1. Patong: Bangla Rd
  2. Cherng Talay: Bang Tao Moo Baan 2, 3 and 5
  3. Koh Kaew: Moo Baan Prachasamakhee, in Moo  2
    – All three areas to have checkpoints on the roads into and out of the area, proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
  4. Rassada: Moo 2, Soi Bang Chee Lao
  5. Chao Fa Garden Village, in Wichit
    – both areas to have proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
Edited by xylophone

UPDATE: As no further announcements or official orders had been posted as of midnight (24:00, Apr 28), The Phuket News cannot presume the order to lift the Tambon Lockdown has officially been brought into effect,depsite the announcement earlier tonight.

As such, the pre-existing order to enforce the lockdown was set to expire at midnight Thursday (24:00, Apr 30).

32 minutes ago, xylophone said:

It says all three areas to have checkpoints............so what about leaving Patong to go to Chalong or Phuket Central store?? Not sure if they mean that access to Bangla Rd will mean access to Patong will be curtailed?? 

PS. Just looked on the Phuket map and it seems like Central is out of the question.....now waiting foe any news that will allow me to stock up on wine!!

The areas that will remain under quarantine are:

1. Patong: Bangla Rd
  2. Cherng Talay: Bang Tao Moo Baan 2, 3 and 5
  3. Koh Kaew: Moo Baan Prachasamakhee, in Moo  2
    – All three areas to have checkpoints on the roads into and out of the area, proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes
  4. Rassada: Moo 2, Soi Bang Chee Lao
  5. Chao Fa Garden Village, in Wichit
    – both areas to have proactive screening and strict measures for residents to refrain from leaving their homes

The way i read it, if it is approved, is that you can travel to and from anywhere in Phuket apart from the 5 areas listed in each district mentioned.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PST said:

The way i read it, if it is approved, is that you can travel to and from anywhere in Phuket apart from the 5 areas listed in each district mentioned.

Yes, I looked at a map of Phuket just after I posted and I did add a PS to my post because I realised that Wichit encompassed the main area of Phuket town which I was interested in visiting.

More research needed on my part, so back to the Phuket map!!!!!! 

PS again, it looks like I can go from Patong to Villa Market near Chalong??

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yes, I looked at a map of Phuket just after I posted and I did add a PS to my post because I realised that Wichit encompassed the main area of Phuket town which I was interested in visiting.

More research needed on my part, so back to the Phuket map!!!!!!

you should easily be able to get to Central from Patong

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for replying, but apparently not because Central is in the Wichit Tambon!

Go from Patong via Kata/Karon, then to Central. Its only the 5 areas within each Tambon that are closed, not the whole Tambon. Patong to Central will be as normal

Edited by PST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sharp said:

Looks like no Provincial travel by land so unfortunately no unless there's a extremely good reason with relevant paperwork. 

You say “looks like” but I did not see any mention of this in the announcement. Does anyone have any links (Thai or English) that suggests the Sarasin bridge land border will be opened up on the 1st May ? Or anyone with a credible source who can clarify ?

There are lots of posts on TV about the airport resuming flights, but nothing about land entry.

21 minutes ago, taxin said:

You say “looks like” but I did not see any mention of this in the announcement. Does anyone have any links (Thai or English) that suggests the Sarasin bridge land border will be opened up on the 1st May ? Or anyone with a credible source who can clarify ?

There are lots of posts on TV about the airport resuming flights, but nothing about land entry.

What I can say is my  other half works in local Government office and as of this morning are looking at a registration process to allow people to travel....If I get anymore info will let you know

Edit: Please contact your local office or Pui ya Baan to confirm your intention to return home..

Edited by Sharp
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sharp said:

What I can say is my  other half works in local Government office and as of this morning are looking at a registration process to allow people to travel....If I get anymore info will let you know

Edit: Please contact your local office or Pui ya Baan to confirm your intention to return home..

Indeed, all Facebook notifications at the momeny by each sub district.    Either go to their respective offices or register on line.    They all however say registration to be done by 9 p.m. TODAY.   Lots of comments such as how do you leave if you don't have either a car or money, as well as quite a few Phuket people who want to get back onto the island.    All very chaotic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Indeed, all Facebook notifications at the momeny by each sub district.    Either go to their respective offices or register on line.    They all however say registration to be done by 9 p.m. TODAY.   Lots of comments such as how do you leave if you don't have either a car or money, as well as quite a few Phuket people who want to get back onto the island.    All very chaotic.

Chaotic is correct by the looks.

Only possibilty would be organized buses but with social distancing would prove very problematic .

Im sure they will find a solution to the isssue in due course.

I really  hope those who want to go are allowed it must be really hard for them at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

Thanks Sharp, appreciate it. 

OK so the land crossing may be opened up to allow Phuket residents to return home, or visitors with good reason (ie family, business, property) ?

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

Chaotic is correct by the looks.

Only possibilty would be organized buses but with social distancing would prove very problematic .

Im sure they will find a solution to the isssue in due course.

I really  hope those who want to go are allowed it must be really hard for them at the moment.

The Scenes at Kathu are mad, no social distancing whatsoever, only takes 1 person to be infected then it will be taken to a whole new bunch of areas

2 hours ago, taxin said:

Thanks Sharp, appreciate it. 

OK so the land crossing may be opened up to allow Phuket residents to return home, or visitors with good reason (ie family, business, property) ?

As far as i know the registration is in the process now but details of travel allowed I'm yet to find out.

Ive also been informed Phuket Airport will commence on the 15th but have enquired if someone knows for sure.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:02 PM, LivinginKata said:

Excellent. But what about buying booze ????

Fake news, it's not opening.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-phuket-lockdown-orders-remain-in-effect-until-further-notice-75901.php

• Confused 1