Amazing, isn't it?

Amazing, isen't it? The Stock Markets are currently sending clear signals: The worst is over and everything will be fine in no time at all. The Thai-Baht is refusing to collapse versus other (hard) currencies.
While at the same time, the "medical community" warns of premature "Exit-Strategies" as it may (economically) backfire in a way not seen before during our lifetime.
The only thing that seems certain at this point is that Central-Banks will not allow for a global Deflation. Inflationary pressure will emerge "sometime in the future". So no concern today.
- In my 40+ years as an investor, I have never experienced a situation where the Populace, their Governments and the intellectual Elite of their countries have decided to sit down at the Roulette-Table, hoping that "the right numbers " will eventually come up.
Truly, we live in "interesting times". Isen't it?

• Thanks 1

Sorry to say . After 3 attenmpts to place this as a "new-thead" the Headline came up entierly "Garbeled". Not my fault. Ask "Thai-Visa" how come.
Thread shold read "Amazing, isen't it".
Must assume, that the Farangs that kept this Forum running "have left the building".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, swissie said:

Sorry to say . After 3 attenmpts to place this as a "new-thead" the Headline came up entierly "Garbeled". Not my fault. Ask "Thai-Visa" how come.
Thread shold read "Amazing, isen't it".
Must assume, that the Farangs that kept this Forum running "have left the building".

I will edit the topic title for you. 

• Like 1

Amazing is not the word to describe it. Nerve wreaking is a better phrase.

before I caught the proverbial "falling knife", I lost 21% of my portfolio ,stayed in the sidelines for a few weeks and then  I went back in, 

I have being able to regain 8% as of today's close, but it has being "nerve wreaking" Two steps forward , one step back. 

A lot of bargains  and a lot of good news lately, so I think there is going to be some more bargain hunting and it will drive the market higher , but I am not sure how long my nerve will hold up.

4 hours ago, swissie said:

In my 40+ years as an investor,

Then you should know the markets are usually indicators of a path 6 months down the road.

The models show by September, most of the virus in the US anyway will bottoming out.  Other parts of the world sooner.

So, in November will things be better?  Therapeutics and promising vaccines?

I think the markets are reacting the way they should be.  Those that got out or played games with their accounts will be the losers.  To add, Trump will win by a landslide I predict DOW 40,000 + at the end of his second term.

Edited by bkk6060

My thoughts precisely.. well, almost... I have been a long time buy and hold guy but have been selling out gradually since last October. Sold my last bits in the beginning of March... have not bought in - yet? But been happy I have been out... 

But to your point, I think for a long time now things have not made sense to me... maybe never did. Big drop in GDP in USA and market goes up... I think the coming election has a lot to do with it... 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Soon to be a great time to buy property. I'm going to go for the airbnb I stayed in Scotland a few years ago.

Will be interesting to see what happens to property prices.. You would think there might be at least a few "2nd homes" on the market ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Will be interesting to see what happens to property prices.. You would think there might be at least a few "2nd homes" on the market ??

depends on which country. i think USA home/land prices will increase because people are still wanting to get out of cash. 

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

depends on which country. i think USA home/land prices will increase because people are still wanting to get out of cash. 

Really? The house market is going to collapse, people can't pay their second home that they are not renting now. People are losing jobs, there were 20 million applied for unemployment in April. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Really? The house market is going to collapse, people can't pay their second home that they are not renting now. People are losing jobs, there were 20 million applied for unemployment in April. 

you might be right. it will take months to find out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

you might be right. it will take months to find out. 

As soon as estate agents are open for business, we will find out... In the U.K nothing is really happening as no-one can view, survey etc

I'm holding my investing capital (would prefer it to be gold) until I see what the housing market does. If it doesn't come down then I might use 50% for some stocks.