Video: Mother of all overloaded trucks - how on earth did that pass inspection!?

webfact

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Unsafe, slightest bit of wind and its over, possibly hitting other vehicles, maybe injuring/ killing people.

Don't worry the 300kg of cocaine in the bottom boxes will keep it balanced.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, canopy said:

I can't say what that height is, but 5 meters height is allowed by law. No one will go higher than that very long since that's where power cables and bridges are.

The driver's brother must work for the electricity company and it's the driver's way of keeping his brother in work.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike k said:

The brown envelope was also heavy

what brown envelope.

the cops only do their jobs when paid.  want to report a burglary, pay a fee.  want them to investigate, pay a bigger fee.

the driver looked poor.  waste of time stopping him if he has no money to extract.

looked more like a Car Checkpoint, not a Truck Weighbridge at all... notice the cars at the Left were the targets

besides; the Checkpoint building was built high enough, to cater for these behemoths...

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

what brown envelope.

the cops only do their jobs when paid.  want to report a burglary, pay a fee.  want them to investigate, pay a bigger fee.

the driver looked poor.  waste of time stopping him if he has no money to extract.

His cunning disguise is working well Baldrick.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

looked more like a Car Checkpoint, not a Truck Weighbridge at all... notice the cars at the Left were the targets

besides; the Checkpoint building was built high enough, to cater for these behemoths...

I thought it was to dissipate to hot air quickly that's generated by the official jobsworths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

The tRuth is it isn't overloaded!  Each of the fruit boxes weigh on average 2kg and a modified pick-up is allowed to carry 3.5 ton. I am not going to count the boxes I see but there is bound to be 700 On there. He11 I have had 150 empty boxes on my pick-up and it not modified!

your not Thai by any chance are you

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

The tRuth is it isn't overloaded!  Each of the fruit boxes weigh on average 2kg and a modified pick-up is allowed to carry 3.5 ton. I am not going to count the boxes I see but there is bound to be 700 On there. He11 I have had 150 empty boxes on my pick-up and it not modified!

I agree, not weight overloaded and not sure about height restrictions, but probably within what's allowed. 

However, certainly not a safe load in terms of windage, the roll over point is probably fairly low in relation to its height. 

All that was needed was 30 migrant workers perched on top of that pile to make it all picture perfect.

They even could've rightfully claimed not to have broken any law. After all, they would not have been huddling in the BACK of the pickup truck but ON TOP the pile. There is no law against that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Just a load of empty crates on a pick-up. No big deal. See sights like this every day around here.

Now if they had been filled with fruit......

If you were to breath on it, it would tip.....:coffee1:

As for the police, well they were looking for non mask wearers...........................????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

If the thai police were at the side of the road to enforce the Highway Code, that would be known.
Unfortunately that is not the case and that is why we see so much <deleted>, vehicles in the pit, or on the back, other vehicles with a huge cantilever
I do not know how much it is in the USA or in Thailand but in France the maximum authorized is 3.5 meters from the middle of the last axle ;Here we often see vehicles with a cantilever of several meters

1967133568_P9240899_rd_22(Copy).thumb.JPG.cb6347ff068a10a218a7ff6484874126.JPG

I  drove big trucks in the US, Don't think there's a law like that. It's never come up there.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Overloaded doesn't just apply to weight !

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't think there's a law like that

You should find out by going to leaf through the real Highway Code which must certainly count several books and not the little one you learned to pass your driving license.
In addition, most trailers in your country do not have a cantilever like most trailers in Thailand

P1230138_rd_22_Nong_Han_truck.thumb.JPG.95f1a6cb07fffac22104d519b7bac544.JPG

P1230145_rd_22_truck.thumb.JPG.d40b74d5b0eeb747d5ce34fc7aa1ddaa.JPG

14 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Unbelievable - if you play the video, read the caption below where it clearly states "It's not in Thailand" but I am certain it is!!

but... considering the Red overloaded ute had Thai signage on the back... the following silver car had Thai plates... the cop waving the truck thru was in Thai cop uniform...

if it looks like a duck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tifino said:

but... considering the Red overloaded ute had Thai signage on the back... the following silver car had Thai plates... the cop waving the truck thru was in Thai cop uniform...

if it looks like a duck

Perhaps the Facebook "poster" quoted it to avoid the Thai Computer Crimes Act??

• Haha 1