Three new COVID cases in Phuket, all from one house in Bang Tao

webfact

Three new COVID cases in Phuket, all from one house in Bang Tao

By The Phuket News

1588222126_1-org.jpg

Image: PPHO

PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) today (Apr 30) announced three more confirmed cases of people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus

The new cases reported today bring the total number of people in Phuket infected with the disease since the outbreak began to 217.

According to the report released this morning, so far 8,512 people classified as at risk of contracting COVID-19 have been checked, an increase of 287 on the 8,225 reported yesterday.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/three-new-covid-cases-in-phuket-all-from-one-house-in-bang-tao-75902.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-30

20 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

How does one catch it from a religious school when schools are supposed to be closed?  My kids haven't been in school for 6 weeks now. 

It doesn't say they contracted it at school, it just stated their profession.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It may have been in one of the mosques. Its Ramadam now and I also know through a friend who lives in the epicenter that they all still congregate for meals at sunset, not a lot of social distancing going on.

From recent reports it seems to me that about half the new infections in Thailand this week are in Phuket.

Maybe they should seal off Phuket and let the rest of Thailand get back to business as normal.

34 minutes ago, loong said:

From recent reports it seems to me that about half the new infections in Thailand this week are in Phuket.

Maybe they should seal off Phuket and let the rest of Thailand get back to business as normal.

The Island's been sealed off for a while.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

It says one is a teacher and one is a student. Schools were ordered closed back in early March. Why emphasize that part if it wasn't related? They must have been in class within the last fortnight. 

Hard to believe they caught it 6 weeks ago and now only being detected. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

It says one is a teacher and one is a student. Schools were ordered closed back in early March. Why emphasize that part if it wasn't related? They must have been in class within the last fortnight. 

Hard to believe they caught it 6 weeks ago and now only being detected. 

Why do you presume it was caught at school? That is simply the general information given for all cases, e.g. for a taxi driver it will mention his profession, even if did not have any customers for 4 weeks, for a 'freelancer' working at Bangla it will do the same, even with Bangla closed for a month already, etc.

Just now, stevenl said:

Why do you presume it was caught at school? That is simply the general information given for all cases, e.g. for a taxi driver it will mention his profession, even if did not have any customers for 4 weeks, for a 'freelancer' working at Bangla it will do the same, even with Bangla closed for a month already, etc.

It's clear the relationship. Unless the teacher mixes with students outside school well that's entirely different. 

Somehow that's hard to believe. 

3 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

It's clear the relationship. Unless the teacher mixes with students outside school well that's entirely different. 

Somehow that's hard to believe. 

One was his son. So I'd say they mix. It was simply listed as a profession, nothing else.

Edited by stevenl

Just now, stevenl said:

One was his son. So I'd say they mix.

Look through the list of infected day by day for the last fortnight. It's not the first case of a teacher or students in that area. 

Schools were ordered closed March 17th nationwide. 

The point I'm trying to make is that no other school, students or teachers have had this problem. My kids school didn't because they closed March 17th. 

They don't abide by the laws. It's evident by the number of new infections. They have been continuing life as usual and that's why they keep having the problems. 

Keep defending it all you like. 

10 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Look through the list of infected day by day for the last fortnight. It's not the first case of a teacher or students in that area. 

Schools were ordered closed March 17th nationwide. 

The point I'm trying to make is that no other school, students or teachers have had this problem. My kids school didn't because they closed March 17th. 

They don't abide by the laws. It's evident by the number of new infections. They have been continuing life as usual and that's why they keep having the problems. 

Keep defending it all you like. 

Just pointing out to you that there is no reason at all to presume this is school related. And yes, they have been flaunting the rules there, so it clearly is area related.

1 hour ago, beechbum said:
2 hours ago, loong said:

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

The Island's been sealed off for a while.

Well because around half the new infections have not occurred on Phuket, maybe the the rest of Thailand should not be getting back to business as usual just yet.

But they're getting there. Quite a few business's opening on Monday.

3 hours ago, hansgruber said:

How does one catch it from a religious school when schools are supposed to be closed?  My kids haven't been in school for 6 weeks now. 

I am taking a wild guess at bang Tao predominantly Muslim area and they don't like closing the mosques

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Ban alcohol for another month.. 3 people in the same house getting a cold is just not acceptable... 

Covid 19 is not anything remotely like the common cold. Please don’t post such such nonfactual

things about a serious health issue. It is entirely unhelpful, and irresponsible.

11 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Covid 19 is not anything remotely like the common cold. Please don’t post such such nonfactual

things about a serious health issue. It is entirely unhelpful, and irresponsible.

Common cold kills 1000s, that's a fact...

15 hours ago, hansgruber said:

This isn't a regular school but a religious school dedicated to muslim studies that runs in addition to and outside of regular school hours. My next door neighbors 3 kids attend. I am not sure if these schools remain.

15 hours ago, hansgruber said:

How does one catch it from a religious school when schools are supposed to be closed?  My kids haven't been in school for 6 weeks now

Some religions believe they are above the law.. and immune from infectious diseases.

11 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Do you know this or is it something you've heard or read about?