CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

No bans here in Canada  so I will go to the store and get some spirits including

Corona, beer, and have a drink or two for you unfortunates, who have no

Mom and Pop businesses to get your supplies from.  Cheers

Geezer

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Western media is very tightly controlled.

Nothing can be published on any platform without the government allowing it.

Journalists need to earn money, they either comply or never work again.

Your feeling of freedom in the west is entirely false.

Used to be true 30 years ago. "D" notices and all that. Then the internet came along and all that went out of the window. Just been a free for all since.

Some inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed.

A post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Just now, BritManToo said:

You're just wrong.

Publish something 'they' don't like, and your youtube, twitter, facebook, tiktok accounts are gone. Your funding and your platform will disappear. (RooshV et al)

Sorry. B.S. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Not as daft as they look, these Thais.

Quite the contrary. It's BECAUSE they are daft (AND childish AND superstitious) that the alcohol ban in in place. I strongly suspect those in charge of this ban couldn't give two sh*ts WHAT foreigners think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

Quite the contrary. It's BECAUSE they are daft (AND childish AND superstitious) that the alcohol ban in in place. I strongly suspect those in charge of this ban couldn't give two sh*ts WHAT foreigners think.

I completely fail to understand WHY they should give 2 sh*ts what foreigners think.

8 hours ago, charmonman said:

Anybody remember Purachai? The twisted little man finally got his wish - no alcohol for anyone.

Not sure if it was him but i do remember something about someone wanting to ban bare midriff clothing about 15 or more years ago. :coffee1:

15 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I think what makes general Thai street food unhealthy is the oil they use (palm oil),  lot's of MSG and too much sugar in some cases. however, if you cook Thai food at home and cut out the crappy stuff, then it can be extremely healthy! 

Bear in mind that much of the oil used in bigger restaurants is purchased, not for use as bio fuel but to be recycled using bleach and resold cheaply to street food vendors.

18 hours ago, TheDark said:

I believe it's a fact, that there is no alcohol sales until further notice. We can't change that by talking here.

But what each of us can do, is to direct our eagerness to drink beer to something else. We have to do that, no matter what. 

It would be nice to hear what kind of hobbies people have started or continued because of the current and continuing situation. Solutions.

Kite flying, yodeling, witchcraft,

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Taking bets on a "surprise" lifting here in the next hour or two.

Who's taking the over?

Not a chance from THESE stubborn <deleted> <deleted> <deleted>.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I hope you remember that when things get back to normal and don't give them your custom.

If I could find a place that carried my poison, it would be worth it.