CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

Paying double?  that's biz 101 of supply and demand.  It's earned and deserved.

They're taking a helluva risk right now, I'm MORE than happy to pay. Again, most of them don't carry my brand so I'm screwed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

They're taking a helluva risk right now, I'm MORE than happy to pay. Again, most of them don't carry my brand so I'm screwed.

amazing how your tastes can change to get to the desired endpoint though lol

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, samtab said:

Please can someone PM me where in Pattaya a small shop still has some... ?

thank you so much to help me.

please help......

1 minute ago, transam said:

Why don't they stop them driving then, to fix their year after year huge road problem....?   

The driving issue has been around for many years. Covid-19 is new. Give it a few years and lockdown rules would be ignored too.

Seriously, the road deaths don't seriously affect tourism and the world are watching each other on this one. There's a global race for countries to be virus free, and borders to be open to visitors. Thailand just wants to be first with everything (including road deaths).

19 minutes ago, TingTawng said:

31st May 2020 headline: Booze ban extended through all of June due to 100% spike in daily cases (from 1 infection a day to 2).  And so it goes.  Welcome to Thaislam. 

My greatest fear is someone high up on the food chain wants to grab this opportunity to remove all the "sins" in Thailand. Close up Walking Street, remove Soi 6-like venues, turn it into an "family friendly only" nation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

My greatest fear is someone high up on the food chain wants to grab this opportunity to remove all the "sins" in Thailand. Close up Walking Street, remove Soi 6-like venues, turn it into an "family friendly only" nation.

That truly does sound like the work of the devil

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

Which would also turn it into a tourist free nation. High on the agenda for zero baht tours is a stroll down Walking Street, the ultimate opportunity to see scantily clad girls and selfies. The Indians, although not big spenders, tour the bars and Walking Street nightly. Indians and Chinese are big massage parlour fans too. If adult entertainment ended in Pattaya, you would see the virtual extinction of all tourism, not just farang mongers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Miami007 said:

Did the owners of Chang Beer or other liquor manufacturers/ importers upset the government?

Who knows ?  But one's thing's for sure they won't forget him and hopefully they'll help get rid of him and his cronies in the future........ 

• Like 1

Just now, SupermarineS6B said:

Who knows ?  But one's thing's for sure they won't forget him and hopefully they'll help get rid of him and his cronies in the future........ 

Was top of the agenda in certain sections of the elite before Covid. IMHO Covid has delayed the inevitable not accelerated it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Monomial said:

Anutin is on record saying alcohol is too dangerous to sell until we have a vaccine.

I presume the control freaks are also working on making the vaccine for alcohol consumption that will prevent you from relaxing, getting inebriated or enjoying yourself.

Cant have people doing that can we.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Was top of the agenda in certain sections of the elite before Covid. IMHO Covid has delayed the inevitable not accelerated it.

100%, They've used the excuse of the virus to lock the place down, far cheaper and cleaner than bullets.... but you can only hide for so long..... After watching all the incompetence coming from the gov and their lack of concern for the people, even going above the gov, the people have had enough...... They've completely destroyed the country and peoples ability to make a living and they think they're going to carry on after all this is over.. .........  Look at the place........ It's a sad situation when you can't sell three of the most sought after commodities in the world...... Food, pleasure and entertainment  ......  But looking on the bright side, we call all enjoy a nice lemon soda while watching marching bands and military parades....... F^&%$K !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, J Town said:

That has crossed my mind as well. Nothing to do with the virus. The other is to implement total control over all people like China has done but calling it reaching a plateau like Bhutan is at. If they even try this the Thais better grow some gonads to toss these fat pig headed ego maniac self righteous Generals out on their behinds having to go into exile or prison.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

That has crossed my mind as well. Nothing to do with the virus. The other is to implement total control over all people like China has done but calling it reaching a plateau like Bhutan is at. If they even try this the Thais better grow some gonads to toss these fat pig headed ego maniac self righteous Generals out on their behinds having to go into exile or prison.

There are 2 superpowers in Thailand. The King's Guard and the Queen's Guard. Most of those that initiated the coup were ex Queens Guard and rely on them to stay in power. Over recent months, Prayut has been desperately been trying to curry favour with the Kings Guard. There's been a new kid on the block since 2017 and he has the King's Guard.

Just now, SupermarineS6B said:

I knew a bloke that once drank a bottle of Brut !     Swore by it....... 

I once saw a guy neck a full can of Gunk in one go. Same guy ate all the Geraniums in my Dad's bar. No longer with us. Quelle surprise. 

Also knew a guy who would sip from a bottle of amyl nitrate between drinks in my local. Also, sadly no longer with us.

21 hours ago, n00dle said:

but doesn't this run contrary to the claims that the government is all about money? 

the lost tax revenue alone must be a very significant hit for them.

the only truly regrettable thing is that the reopening of restraunts will be a mixed blessing for many businesses, simply because alchol is such a big mark up item, and few restaurants beyond the mom and pop business truly make their money on food sales.

I will not be going to any restaurant if I can't have a beer with my dinner . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

I will not be going to any restaurant if I can't have a beer with my dinner . 

Friend of mine runs the most prestigious restaurant in Pattay and 80% of his customers are Expats and the Bangkok crowd. Makes most of his profit on wine sales. Won't be opening until alcohol ban is lifted.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Friend of mine runs the most prestigious restaurant in Pattay and 80% of his customers are Expats and the Bangkok crowd. Makes most of his profit on wine sales. Won't be opening until alcohol ban is lifted.

I worked for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, same thing. Liquor was hands down their biggest money maker.