CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

3 minutes ago, MrMo said:

Simple observe the rules of the society in which you have chosen to live.   Stop whingeing.

Exactly. No one has the answers to Covid. Governments are doing what they think is best. This is a war, we are soldiers. The only way we are doing exactly has we are told. All of us. Together. Follow orders and we'll be OK. Soldiers don't question every bloody order, not if they want to win the war.

Not in my nature either but I've never been in a war before. Stand up straight, head held high and get on with it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

My Bangkok wine delivery company just delivered a box of bottles.  They said that they could maybe deliver again next Tuesday.  They seem more restricted by the holiday weekend than the law.

I don't know if they want me publicizing them.  Try the old Google machine and see who will say yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dukeandduke said:

My Bangkok wine delivery company just delivered a box of bottles.  They said that they could maybe deliver again next Tuesday.  They seem more restricted by the holiday weekend than the law.

I don't know if they want me publicizing them.  Try the old Google machine and see who will say yes.

No don't publicize them. BTW I have a feeling this ban includes "transporting" booze along with sales. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sangtip2 said:

I will not be going to any restaurant if I can't have a beer with my dinner . 

Same here, I ate out everyday for the last 10 years, never cooked at home. But with the new restrictions I started to cook at home. When the restaurants will Open I won’t got there if I can’t have a drink.

Even with all restrictions lifted, it will take some time for restaurants to have the same amount of customers as before. Many have built new habits as cooking at home.

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Until further notice, thats the bit that worries me

Do the Chinese tourist groups drink much booze? I know that they love the cigs.

If the Chinese ain't fussy about not having a drink then the "until notice" is big worry.

3 hours ago, G950 said:

I just came back from multiple 7/11 and supermarkets in the Asoke area of Bangkok. They all have signs up saying alcohol is banned until end of May.  Zero grace period. 

my local 7/11 got packed with beer boxes last night before curfew. This shows the total mess with information from the gov. Anyway it has always been like that in Thailand.

I know Western Australia had some restrictions on buying of alcohol ie one bottle of spirits or a box of beer or a couple of bottles of wine etc. But I believe this was to stop panic buying and hoarding.

Knowing that the families who own the breweries are some of the richest in Thailand I am wondering whether the continuing ban on alcohol sales is to do with the richest not chipping in to help Prayut. Would be non-sensical to do this of course, but TIT and when face is lost logic leaves by the window.

Hopefully common sense is going to make an appearance shortly.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Exactly. No one has the answers to Covid. Governments are doing what they think is best. This is a war, we are soldiers. The only way we are doing exactly has we are told. All of us. Together. Follow orders and we'll be OK. Soldiers don't question every bloody order, not if they want to win the war.

Not in my nature either but I've never been in a war before. Stand up straight, head held high and get on with it.

I have been to war both warfighting and peacekeeping numerous times and as a professional if you see something that is stupid you question it in order to get the best way to achieve your aim. This is <deleted> all like a war...

Professionals do not blindly follow <deleted> leaders and in a proper organisation <deleted> leaders are found out very quickly and usually redeployed where they can do least harm

That's not the case in Thailand its the opposite of a meritocracy and the <deleted> seems to rise to the top and that's the norm in most every institution in the country and thus they rely on brainwashing the serfs in order to carry on the status quo. I aint a serf....

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, pellets said:

I believe it is allowed, IF you have anything home to drink?
If not, i am a "law breaker" big time...

So am I. Just bought three bottles of SangSom in my GF's village. No, I'm not telling anybody where it is.

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

All well and good and I concur with your thoughts.

But bad leaders do not install that kind of spirit in the foot soldier.

Good leaders Inspire , bad leaders create despair......... 

54 minutes ago, Litlos said:

I know Western Australia had some restrictions on buying of alcohol ie one bottle of spirits or a box of beer or a couple of bottles of wine etc. But I believe this was to stop panic buying and hoarding.

That was to prevent hoarding. Also did same with toilet paper and many other items. 

Dan Murphy, big liquor retailer, is now doing free home delivery.

Countries such as AU,USA,UK etc etc would burn the government down if they impose mindless restrictions. 

There is no need for booze ban.

Au has some of most strict rules in place.

In the main, vast majority have complied.

I'm Australian. We would not tolerate any rubbish restrictions.

• Like 1