Dental clinic for crowns and veneers (Bangkok)

dginoob

Dental clinics are currently closed in most locations but there will not be that much cost difference between those targeting tourists and those that are not for equal treatment.  Dental work is not cheap here unless you are willing to forgo normal infection safeguards.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I know they are currently closed, but hopefully they will be open soon.
I'd like to find out what my options are for when they do reopen.
Do you have any clinic you have used for similar treatments that you would recommend?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, dginoob said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I know they are currently closed, but hopefully they will be open soon.
I'd like to find out what my options are for when they do reopen.
Do you have any clinic you have used for similar treatments that you would recommend?

Thanks

I use Vejthani Hospital Dentalis but it is not cheap - you can get cheaper at local clinics but would look for a larger type where that has more than one or two dentists for the most experienced (did not have good luck myself with smaller places - but expect veneer work might be OK).  My crowns were restrictive with RCT so if just for show perhaps lower priced options would be OK.  Sorry can not be of more help but what most people seem to recommend are all about the same price range.

I use Bangkok Dental Hospital. Also not cheap. http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

With crowns and veneers the main cost is the material/prosthesis not the labor so not much cheaper than in the west.

The least expensive option will be the Mahidol University Dental Hospital

I suspect opening for these kinds of services is at least a month, maybe 2 or 3, away.Dental work creates a lot of aerosol so its high risk for spread of respiratory viruses.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:43 PM, Sheryl said:

I suspect opening for these kinds of services is at least a month, maybe 2 or 3, away.Dental work creates a lot of aerosol so its high risk for spread of respiratory viruses.

I am sure you are right about this.In terms of dealing with this aerosol issue I don't really see a straightforward way forward for invasive dental work even in three months time.I doubt whether simply answering a few health questions and being temperature free will cut it.It will be far too early to think in terms of an efficacious vaccine.The only safe way for dentists undertaking invasive procedures would be to require (or administer?) a very recent test for the virus.Yet I'm not sure we have that capability yet.

Same issue applies to many other fields - aviation for example.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:41 AM, jayboy said:

I am sure you are right about this.In terms of dealing with this aerosol issue I don't really see a straightforward way forward for invasive dental work even in three months time.I doubt whether simply answering a few health questions and being temperature free will cut it.It will be far too early to think in terms of an efficacious vaccine.The only safe way for dentists undertaking invasive procedures would be to require (or administer?) a very recent test for the virus.Yet I'm not sure we have that capability yet.

Same issue applies to many other fields - aviation for example.

I think medical and many other professionals requiring close body contact will be wearing what essentially are "Hazmat" suits in the near and foreseeable future.