Every other seat on aircraft to be left empty

banglay

It's pointless and silly, leaving every other seat empty does nothing. If you want to be precise there needs to be 1.5 meters between each person which would be impossible as you would have a plane occupancy of 20%. Only logical option is to provide masks for each passenger and ask them to wear it for the duration of the flight (unlikely that would last long either)

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Which country? Airline?

Source please? ... or just one more rumour?

read and make your own mind up .. But long & short haul flights will take a long time to recover if ever. and definitely will be more expensive ....

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200422-when-can-we-start-flying-again

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-04-24/coronavirus-travel-covid-19-will-change-airlines-and-how-we-fly

9 hours ago, IamRoach said:

It's pointless and silly, leaving every other seat empty does nothing. If you want to be precise there needs to be 1.5 meters between each person which would be impossible as you would have a plane occupancy of 20%. Only logical option is to provide masks for each passenger and ask them to wear it for the duration of the flight (unlikely that would last long either)

Stop pointing out reality. It doesn't fit the narrative.

Perhaps Greta was able to get them to do it as will make flights too expensive for most, so less flights.

Remember charter flights? They might make a comeback as cheaper than normal, if one doesn't mind the <deleted> planes we flew on. I had a bonus day in Istanbul once when the plane broke down over Turkey. Visited St Sophia and had lunch in the Topkapi Palace restaurant. Marvellous view of the Bosphorous.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

11 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Very attractive, more airlines need this uniform.

Especially Qantas to hide the ugly cows that pass as stewardesses 

Australian beef has a well earned reputation for texture and flavor.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

EW1R_ZzXkAAXYI_.thumb.jpg.f0f31a404587f4

For all that love masks, note well the face shields that are necessary to be actually safe.

That's what the staff is wearing in the 7/11 across the street.

Edited by spiekerjozef
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

And ..

EW1R_ZzXkAAXYI_.thumb.jpg.f0f31a404587f494d5ec8691a25b4fbb.jpg

In the US domestic system we are running 15 percent load factor although there are no set rules they are keeping middle seats as open as possible, and blocking rows to the rear in case anybody gets sick in flight and needs to be isolated in flight.  Our operation just started a mask requirement. 

Rather than block half the seats it would be more likely the carriers provide everyone full PPE kits, which of course you will pay for in higher ticket prices. A nice souvenir of your journey! Social distancing on planes is only possible now because they are empty. It simply is not feasible long term in Thailand or any other market, or necessary as other risk mitigation strategies will be employed.

Social Distancing Not Viable On Airplanes, Industry Says

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/04/27/social-distancing-not-viable-on-airplanes-industry-says/#6d91d6ee2eae

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

If this happens and prices go through the roof ,very very few people will travel ,so the airlines will get even less money ,take me for example i go back to the UK once a year ,about 600 quid , up the price to say 1200 ,i wont go back ,how many thousands are like me? 

Well I might be in economy instead.

Looks like you'll be paying business class prices for an economy class ticket. Actually, a better idea might be to get rid of economy altogether and convert the whole aircraft to a virus-unfriendly form of business class.

• Like 2

Useless symbolic action taking. Allow or forbid!

Allowing people stuffed into a metal tube for x hours with circulating air.

Allowing people crowding at Makro market (like experienced yesterday).

Forcing people to crowded queues for food and money donation.

At the same time keeping huge home stores closed where you often walk alone through the aisles.

13 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

And ..

EW1R_ZzXkAAXYI_.thumb.jpg.f0f31a404587f494d5ec8691a25b4fbb.jpg

I couldn't board AirAsia again after seeing those suites, I need to look at a$$, legs and faces. besides if I got lucky, those shields would be in my way.

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I couldn't board AirAsia again after seeing those suites,

Other idea: all passengers put in those suites :cheesy:

I sent this picture to mates in Germany and they asked me whether this is a joke/photo-shop.