Traffic jams as many Thais head up country for long weekend

rooster59

4 hours ago, SkyFax said:

Too bad there isn't a Thai language version of ThaiVisa so the Thais could be educated by the non-Thais living in Thailand among the Thais who need to be educated.

Yes, yes. Sarcasm noted.

Someone else who can't be bothered to look up the average IQ tables. Probably a Thai or a wannabe Thai. Living among new friends is a wondrous experience. Until it isn't.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

If they aren't dying or in hospital, who cares... The Thais certainly don't seem to.

Indeed. One of the triumphs of religion - in this case Buddhism - another belief system that allowed (or more often, mandated) rich people to tell poor people how to behave.

I never met a Thai who really thought he'd come back as a hedgehog or a flea, though I met lots for whom that would be well-deserved. One of the best arguments I ever heard for the non-existence of a Supreme Being, consisted of an examination of whom he selected to be rich.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I live in the North and know what traffic can be like on holiday weekends. I had to go out this morning and traffic was very light with no sign of the hordes from Bangkok. Nothing and 90+% of license plates where local. I can't believe the published pictures (they come from the Nation) about lines of cars. It looks like fake news. Probably from years past.

I want the lockout to end as much as anyone and initially thought it might force the issue. No such luck!

Majority probably turned East at Saraburi and headed to Isaan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

I never met a Thai who really thought he'd come back as a hedgehog or a flea, though I met lots for whom that would be well-deserved. One of the best arguments I ever heard for the non-existence of a Supreme Being, consisted of an examination of whom he selected to be rich.

What are you babbling on about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotsdude said:

Think you should go and lie down... You're ranting now on here...

No, though I understand why it might suit you to say that's what it is.

No matter, it's only an opinion forum. Not really important, though I had thought that simple arguments would be well enough understood. Apparently not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What are you babbling on about?

Sorry you didn't understand it. Read it again, you might have better luck. Some things can only be dumbed-down so far, beyond that, I'm not really interested, the point of diminishing returns is reached quite quickly the further down the gradient you move.

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, Guderian said:

Six weeks or so ago, when people working in Bangkok lost their jobs and returned to their homes in the provinces, a major worsening of the C19 situation up-country in the coming weeks was predicted by many. We've been through several full virus incubation periods since then, and has it happened? I don't know why, but the C19 problem since then has remained focused on Bangkok and Phuket, and more recently the Deep South after infected Muslims returned from a religious ceremony in Malaysia. I haven't noticed any major clusters of infection up in Isaan

It clearly indicates the the virus was imported by dirty foreigners not wearing masks, not maiantaining social distcance, drinking in groups, and swiming in closed swiming pools and asserting their freedom to spread in their county of reguge after devasting their home lands. Thailand escaped the scourge of this virus by enacting some of the bold measures. And now the Thai people want to enjoy their freedom.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

It clearly indicates the the virus was imported by dirty foreigners not wearing masks, not maiantaining social distcance, drinking in groups, and swiming in closed swiming pools and asserting their freedom to spread in their county of reguge after devasting their home lands. Thailand escaped the scourge of this virus by enacting some of the bold measures. And now the Thai people want to enjoy their freedom.

Too funny. You want to believe that go ahead. Trying to escape is more like it......

15 hours ago, essox essox said:

i read 2960 cases.....54 deaths......NOT many from a population of around 65 million !!

And the most amount of people from Wuhan before they stopped flights-15,000-nearly double the next most in NYC-8,000. No real regulations on listing cause of death either-if you have not noticed-convenient in this case

On 5/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, scotsdude said:

Think you should go and lie down... You're ranting now on here...

What you think is unimportant, though you clearly think it has merit.

Good luck with that.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Too funny. You want to believe that go ahead. Trying to escape is more like it......

indeed. ascribing the influence of ethnic Thais to anything of consequence if a forlorn effort. The ex-pats from China accounted for most of what Thailand now pretends to be. Then as now, people who could not succeed where their parents chose to live moved to Thailand in search of appropriate fame and fortune. Some succeeded - many (perhaps most) did not.

Then as now, those who did not succeed, pretended to succeed and thus the tradition of low-caste Thais being entitled and behaving obnoxiously was born - with the results that are all too evident today.

Only my opinion of course.