The Alcohol Ban Has Been Lifted

NCC1701A

27 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

95953477_1541045386077989_1463834535056637952_o.jpg

Good to see the faultless local adherence to social distancing and mask wearing in action.

I particularly like the guy on the right who wears his mask over his mouth but not his nose.

Ordering a slingshot on Lazada right now...

• Haha 2

Lengthy lineups of people hugging beer packs and bottles of Spy etc., and shoving cases of beer along, at the my Tesco Express and 7-11 before the magical 11 am in my Phra Khanong neighbourhood this morning. The race is on. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

9 minutes ago, Green Machine said:

PATHUM THANI---- Alcohol ban still in place.

Just been out on failed attempt to buy

Try to enjoy the photos and videos here. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hopefully Pathum Thani will see sense and not extend, but they do have a nasty habit of following Bangkok. I have to go to Tesco later (not for beer, we have stock) will check.

No alcohol restrictions at Tesco Khlong Luang and "non-essential" items available again.

29 minutes ago, Green Machine said:

PATHUM THANI---- Alcohol ban still in place.

Just been out on failed attempt to buy

Where did you go? As noted above Tesco Khlong Luang was selling.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just got back from shopping, NO alcohol sales in Macro or D-Save, as i predicted Flip Flop Govt.. The police told Macro they can not sell. Go figure.

Where are you Brian?

Remember, provincial governors can set their own local rules, so what the government say may not necessarily apply.

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just got back from shopping, NO alcohol sales in Macro or D-Save, as i predicted Flip Flop Govt.. The police told Macro they can not sell. Go figure.

they probably think it's still April

• Haha 1

Sunday booze Cruise . Gfloor Festivus Chiang Mai is humming at 11. Only one bottle (of my favorite) left. A quick pivot to Tops KSG. They stock it but shoppers here have no clue what it is, as they mob the cases of Leo & Singha. I pick up three plus two Bacardi gold bottles as backers. A good base to build on. 

Big C Chiang Rai, missus bought some crappy overpriced red/white wine. That filthy Mont Clair red in a box, a farang nearly cleaned out the shelf containing 3 boxes, but luckily he only snatched two before my wife grabbed the last one.

Tops has a much better choice of wine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

It has in some provinces.

Yes. Unfortunately Buriram has extended the ban for another month. Anyone with any info from Surin? Surin is 20 mins drive from my place I could get some booze there if ban is lifted.

1 minute ago, MarcelV said:

No alcohol sales in Narathiwat, Pattani or Yala. It is haram to muslims.

Well that at least is no surprise at all. The surprise is that they ever sold it in the first place .  

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Well that at least is no surprise at all. The surprise is that they ever sold it in the first place .  

They hardly sold it anywhere anyway. Most 7-Elevens in the region don't sell alcohol or pork. Only the few buddhist-run stores do.

Some muslims do like their beer though. The local karaokes certainly don't just attract buddhists.