The Alcohol Ban Has Been Lifted

NCC1701A

I am reading reports that the alcohol ban in Bangkok has been extended. 

Signs are popping up in 7 Elevens in Bangkok and I was in Villa Market in Hua Hin at 7pm and they had signs all over everything saying the same. 

Edited by blackcab
Title Amended
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

It's curious that Villa Market in Hua Hin quotes the BMA as the source of the ban.  Wouldn't BMA rules only apply to Bangkok?

yes and the ban is originating in Bangkok so i thought this was new. There must have two dozen of these signs in Villa Market. 

there are reports of other people seeing this sign now in 7 Elevens in Bangkok. In more than one location.  

and why would a store as well organized as Villa Market have dozens of signs telling their costumers the wrong information?  

oh well, i could be wrong. 

Edited by NCC1701A

It's quite possible that the BMA (and potentially over provincial governors) have initiated their own ban which trumps the national relaxation. 

Hopefully Pathum Thani will see sense and not extend, but they do have a nasty habit of following Bangkok. I have to go to Tesco later (not for beer, we have stock) will check.

• Like 2

So I got up today super super early. The bad thing about having a US sim card in a dual sim card phone is that you'll get calls at crazy hours. Anyway got up at 0230 and had some coffees. Started my painting project way early.

Anyway here I sit at 1018 sipping on a tall Heinekin poured over ice in a water glass. ahhhhhh.

During this whole prohibition period I never tried to buy booze from the local stores because I just didn't want to seem desperate. Know what I mean, but today as I tried to buy some beers the first 2 places were out of beer. Third place was a charm.  

• Like 1

stickboy bangkok has a video at Makro of a forklift pallet of boxes of leo being brought out and it disappearing in like 15 seconds as a mob grabs it all.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

stickboy bangkok has a video at Makro of a forklift pallet of boxes of leo being brought out and it disappearing in like 15 seconds as a mob grabs it all.  

Not even 11a.m?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Tesco and Foodland both had the signs up yesterday. I am assuming they haven't been bothered to take them down until 11am today. 

This makes sense, just like leaving x mass decorations up all year.

It saves having to do it again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

So you like watered down beer  :bah:

I prefer to chill the bottle then pour into a chilled glass.

The chilled glass only stays chilled for a nano second. I can drink a small beer with no ice but at home or a restaurant with a large beer, love the ice in my beer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

It is 6 minutes past the ultimate hour and no update yet.

What's wrong with you guys

halfway down my first large Chang.

The missus went out an hour ago to Big C with strict instructions to buy wine red and white, plus a few odds and sods like for ....hmmm, eating.

38 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Stickboy missed the pic of my local shop delivering 30 boxes of leo to me !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1