Thailand reports three new coronavirus cases, as some restrictions ease

rooster59

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

Bars are a more difficult problem, sadly, I miss my daily BS session with my mates. 

Why should bars be any more of a risk than restaurants or hairdressers or a bus ?

Why can't a bar space out the bar stools ?? Its a population control thing now, not a virus control thing ...

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Someone posted earlier that in 2017 24k people died in Thailand of the normal flu. That's 2k per month. 

Yet the alarm bells in the social media oracles' accounts aren't screaming DEFCON-1, nor are pooyais reporting 24h BBQ parties. I guess it'll need to be 1M or over until the fabled social media radars blip.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thai media reported this morning that 40 new positive cases in Yala have been found, this info from Richard Barrow. Guess we'll need to wait for tomorrows figures to see if thats offically confirmed.

This has now been confirmed in the B.P published at 6pm today so can't link to it but says 40 confirmed positive from four different districts in Yala. Will be in tomorrows figures no doubt

6 hours ago, sahibji said:

thailand has done very well in the management of the corona virus spread.hope it stays low or is eradicated completely.

Do you think Thailand has done well testing for the virus which of course is a major part of managing it?

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thai media reported this morning that 40 new positive cases in Yala have been found, this info from Richard Barrow. Guess we'll need to wait for tomorrows figures to see if thats offically confirmed.

One thing to remember is the land borders Thailand has. If Europe/US has another strain, the first place it would hit that's directly connected to Thailand is Singapore. Then through Malaysia and upwards.

How is Malaysia doing?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This has now been confirmed in the B.P published at 6pm today so can't link to it but says 40 confirmed positive from four different districts in Yala. Will be in tomorrows figures no doubt

Since they are on the Southern border, we can call those "imported" cases and not count them as happened last week. 

6 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

a lot of forum farang are going to have to eat their cynical comments with regards to Thailand handling this crisis.

its pretty clear by now that western countries like America are falling apart. Unfit political leaders, unruly citizens, medical care that cant cope,  blame game, complete chaos. Thailand: united responsible citizens and practical leaders. Results: just look around.

Congratulations, Thailand.

Very insensitive thing to say, many people in Europe and the USA have lost their lives and thousands of families are mourning loved ones, this is not the time for you to start measuring up and quoting inept politicians and unruly citizens. There is a lot of evidence that the virus does not spread the same in sub tropical and tropical climates so countries that are currently suffering in the western hemispheres would probably be doing just as well had they been in tropical climates. Thailand is at it's hottest and stickiest time of year. I would say that all countries are doing everything they can to battle the virus, nobody has seen or heard of anything like this so hindsight is a wonderful thing but completely useless in this case. i am happy for the people of Thailand, I assume you are not a native so maybe you should have some more compassion for your fellow countryman or relatives at home if you have any. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yet the alarm bells in the social media oracles' accounts aren't screaming DEFCON-1, nor are pooyais reporting 24h BBQ parties. I guess it'll need to be 1M or over until the fabled social media radars blip.

It's like the guns of Navarone every morning where i live for the past few months

Starts about 5am until about 6am intermittently

Never heard funeral fireworks before at such an early time

15 hours ago, jmacken306 said:

If countries aren't testing people by the thousands like the USA n others you aren't going to get many unless they are sick n go to the hospital, duh!!! They don't want big groups of people! I was at Big C Shopping Center today May 3rd and it was like the week of Christmas, not a lot of Social Distancing!! Masks n temp checks

U must be a Trumper touting the testing in USA.  Can't understand doctors or read statistics.  Just say whatever they want.  Nuff Said

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Useful to know if its very nearby, you don't think so?

If they're reported that means they're in quarantine/isolation so not much chance in bumping into them in the street.. but I agree with you in as much that info is useful to us for making personal choices.

Bla, bla, bla, all I want to know is how many people died or got infected during the alcohol prohibition,

why? because I don't know any other countries, world wide, that imposed a ban on alcohol in relation to the

Corona virus.

Good job guys. Whatever was done, it has seemed to have worked. Kudos to all. Now, let's get the people back to work. The re-opening of the restaurants and shops, helps me to feel like a human being again! 

Thrilled to be here, and not in the epicenters. 

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Would be nice to know if the three new cases came from tests of three people or three thousand people or more ?

The numbers for testing are a secret more closely guarded than the lottery numbers for next week.

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

did any of you actually read the B.P article, it states 40 new cases since the 20th of April, somehow don't think you will see them all in today's figures.

Ignore that first sentence read a different BP article lol

Edited by Tingnongnoi

Glad to be here in Canada where at least some take this virus seriously, some

people even wear masks and gloves, our leader has not instructed any of us

to drink or inject bleach either. The Thai leader should send our leader a mask

though as he has not wore one when out side his cottage that the public

has seen.  Glad Thailand has very low numbers.

Geezer