Line APP only connecting through data, not Home WiFi.

JeffersLos

The Line App on my phone has recently stopped connecting through the home Wifi connection. Messages won't send, or be received. It only connects (sends receives messages) though the data connection.

Our home Wifi router is 3BB, and the username has 2.4G in the name, if that helps.

It only started a week or two.

How to get it back to connecting through the home Wifi?

TIA. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Seriously, switch the phone off and then the router.

Leave the router off for about a minute (or a little more) and then turn it on and wait for it fully boot up and all the lights are blinking normally, Then turn your phone on again ad try.

Try the simple stuff first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds like a reason a Thai mechanic gives for changing a part rather than giving a diagnoses. 

If you asked Line technical support they'd probably give the same answer, maybe just after JaiMaai's recommendation.  Why?  Because it works most of the time even if they don't know why.  It just doesn't matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds like a reason a Thai mechanic gives for changing a part rather than giving a diagnoses. 

Does often solve a problem with an app that starts behaving strangely. You can waste time trying to get to the bottom of it or just reinstall

• Like 1

I've installed a free smartphone app called Ping.  It's function is to test the network connection between my phone and another computer somewhere on the internet.  Ping can use either WiFi, cellular data or both.  When I want to verify my WiFi connection I block Ping's use of cellular data to force it to use WiFi only.  I set Ping to use the address 8.8.8.8 (a Google DNS server) as the other endpoint on the internet.  Ping repeatedly sends a short message to test the quality of the connection between my phone and the other end.  It reports the time it takes for a complete round trip for each message.  It's a simple tool to help narrow down the cause of a connectivity problem.

In your case if Ping reports a functioning WiFi connection, then the problem lies within the application or the network settings on your phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

In your case if Ping reports a functioning WiFi connection, then the problem lies within the application or the network settings on your phone.

This last statement isn't necessarily always true.

A home router services can become partially corrupted, with some services working while another is flaky. A reboot of the router allows for a fresh start.

• Like 1