Wearing a mask while running ‘very harmful’

snoop1130

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good news, more sense coming out finally. Cycling and wearing a mask up a 14 degree gradient hill isn't easy

When I am cycling, my mask stays on my chin, rules or not.

18 hours ago, timendres said:

If you are healthy enough to be out running and cycling, you have almost nothing to fear from COVID-19. If you are afraid of infecting bystanders, that is a different issue, and requires you to find a route to avoid them.

My ex PE teacher/friend died aged 65, super fit!

He died due to Covid-1984 - he had thrombosis and couldn't see a doctor, as they were all  busy making stupid dancing videos.

Don't like wearing a face mask whilst jogging it soaks up the sweat and gets hot and sticky and irritates.

Personally I avoid jogging near people and probably only see 5-6 people in an hour whilst out.
But If the tough guy x military men want to continue wearing them then fine by me put a full face mask if you like no prob.
P.s. anyone who claims a face mask doesn't effect their oxygen intake is wrong just think about it for a minute.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Try to keep it real and don't lose your sense of reality.

No one has caught Corona from a runner or cyclist. 80% of cases are caught in the home. Groups in confined inside areas has got to be the highest risk

The majority of infections seem to be coming from wet meat markets ( all that lovely protein ), cruise ships,  and mass sporting events. Which is why the ban on swimming pools is so stupid.

19 hours ago, DeusExMachinaBKK said:

Lol, we had to run with gas masks on with 50kg worth of supplies training in army. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Gas masks have a one way valve to expel CO2 when you breathe out and allow fresh air into another one way valve. You are not rebreathing humid high CO2 air trapped by the mask.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeusExMachinaBKK said:

If you need some more information, I don’t mind educating people. Nothing better to do in these times.

2B91E61B-C40F-445D-A99E-ACD955BF31C8.jpeg

F36D5A5E-A2A1-40EB-A17F-F76AF90921FC.jpeg

Thanks for the Wiki education. As I stated, a gas mask prevents rebreathing CO2, therefore it is safe to exert yourself when wearing one. Obviously a respirator does have one way valves too, so it's safe to exert oneself while wearing one.

• Like 2