Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

Just now, Oldie said:

They do this at many shopping places where you can park your car. Nothing new. After a certain time you will have to pay. 

Do you not even think there is some merit in the idea,

These are unprecedented circumstances you know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

They do this at many shopping places where you can park your car. Nothing new. After a certain time you will have to pay. 

Unenforceable. Do you really think people ae going to pay a "fine" if they have overstayed in a mall.

• Haha 2

I can see the pros and the cons.

Malls aren't really safe now.

The number of people in them should be limited.

But if you've made a special trip and have a big list of things to buy including complicated things like electronics. metering you means you'll have to come back soon which kind of defeats the purpose.

I guess they could enforce with time stamps and a fine if you're over. So rich people will just pay it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

Issue a limited number of coloured wristbands at the points of entry entry. Just like they do in some swimming pools. Each colour gets a 2 hour time frame.

Some folks might transgress on the time of course, but come on, how many people want to spend more than 2 hours in a shopping mall?

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Issue a limited number of coloured wristbands at the points of entry entry. Just like they do in some swimming pools. Each colour gets a 2 hour time frame.

Some folks might transgress on the time of course, but come on, how many people want to spend more than 2 hours in a shopping mall?

Looking at pretty girls in malls can take hours, sometimes multiple malls in one day and some tindering whilst drinking an iced coffee.

It sounds ridiculous but these are the kind of restrictions that are going to be around for a long time once they gradually get partially lifted. 

Nothing to stop anyone leaving after 2 hours and going back inside if they feel that way inclined. 

I assume they will have them digital counters at the entrance doors counting in and out.