PM Prayut threatens return of restrictions if Covid-19 prevention measures not observed

webfact

Here is an idea. Why not scrap the 2-5pm dry time? An extra few hours must downsize the amount of people buying alcohol at the same time.

Also this bulk buying wont last for ever, but people including businesses need to restock. They were not allowed to for the last few weeks.

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Apologies for selecting this statement, but it needs amplifying as to its value. Thai populous behaviour is that booze and social gatherings of family and friends are part of their everyday lifestyle. Without booze and less social gatherings there is less risk of becoming contaminated. That is the essence of the rationale behind the ban.

And as this is Thailand, the foreigners who only want to home drink with immediate family, should thank their lucky stars that their other halves are unlikely to bring home the infection if the curfew, alcohol ban and social distancing is observed by the majority of the population.    

As I have stated before, the social gatherings, where people eat together, sharing food, using the same cutlery and crockery, even putting their fingers into the same sticky rice bowl etc. etc. happen regardless of alcohol sales bans, so a booze ban makes no difference whatsoever to the incidence of social gatherings. They will happen, booze or no booze, so banning the sale is a pointless exercise, if that is really what you are trying to achieve.

Of course, we all know that isn't the real reason, it's a junta flexing it's muscles and suppressing the poor. 

Edited by mikosan
Correction

2 minutes ago, lee b said:

Also this bulk buying wont last for ever, but people including businesses need to restock. They were not allowed to for the last few weeks.

Exactly. It won't last forever. It's the expected thing to see on Day 1.

But some ppl can't look through this and have to label it all 'alcoholics' .. the complete nation!

And meanwhile others, put in a threat to ban again. 

Go figure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lee b said:

Here is an idea. Why not scrap the 2-5pm dry time? An extra few hours must downsize the amount of people buying alcohol at the same time.

Sorry, FAR too sensible for this bunch of nitwits....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

The reality is that there are not that many.

The reality is .... there were many! 

That's why it hit the news ... and triggered the PM to make this announcement.

Are you daft, blond or just ignorant?

I'm talking about the masses, and expected mass behavior... and the masses are 'always many'!

Edited by RedPill

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Who abused curfew and lockdowns? Who are the idiots you are referring to. 

A little bit more detail pls, otherwise I don't know how to read your statement correctly,

Try google search, plenty of cases of Farang and Thai breaking curfew rules.. :coffee1:

• Confused 1

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

Try google search, plenty of cases of Farang and Thai breaking curfew rules.. :coffee1:

I know that ... but it was just to get clarification on that one statement/post. Which he already did. All good.

8 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

PM threatens return of restrictions

It has now become so often, that it is just ridiculous. Do this. Don't do that......

Highly expected already, by thais and foreigners. That's why stores was filled with people. We all know what will come next, more control, more ban, more restrictions .... coming soon!

Why not? 

What is wrong with no alcohol sales in Thailand? 

What is wrong with controling the traffic? And law enforcement? 

What is wrong with restrictions for waste disposals and environment protection? 

So what? ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Oooooh, aren't they just loving this........ Dangling carrots and then threatening taking something away from you...... Just like little kids........ Honestly ?    Pi&% Pot........    Will anybody be sad to see the end of this lot ?  

I'm far from a supporter of this government. However, i do think the alcohol ban has it's benefits. I  fail to see any type of negative implications...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I'm far from a supporter of this government. However, i do think the alcohol ban has it's benefits. I  fail to see any type of negative implications...

What benefits can you see?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Why not? 

What is wrong with no alcohol sales in Thailand? 

What is wrong with controling the traffic? And law enforcement? 

What is wrong with restrictions for waste disposals and environment protection? 

So what? ????

Oh, hello again......????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Yes, agreed. This was expected and you could place some measures in place.

maybe a 1 out 1 in type of policy, with a limit to how many boxes sold to each person? 

Edited by Kaopad999

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I'll say it again, get a grip.

The way people on here are so over dramatic about everything, it is pathetic.  In trying to negotiate a global pandemic (which Thailand hasn't done so badly out of..........oh yeah, forgot the TVF narrative: made up numbers, lies, people dying in the streets) they put restrictions in place.  Things look up, they ease restrictions, people then immediately start breaking curfew, having boozy gatherings, PM says if things don't improve they will bring in restrictions again.  To you that's playing God, "usurpating (?) powers  he abuses to rob, all of, people of their freedom!".  Come on, read it back.  Slightly over dramatic??  Not even a bit?

Do I like Prayut or this government?  Nope.  Do I agree with an extended alcohol ban?  Nope (although I can reluctantly see a slight logic to one if done properly - which it wasn't).  Is a man-God robbing me of my freedom?  Nope.

Get a grip.

About your "get a grip"- statement: so you actually believe the COVID- numbers. coming from the officials?

AFAIK, if you have COVID- symptoms and go to a hospital, but are tested negative, you have to pay for the test, that costs anything from 1.000 to 8.000 THB!

So let's just have a little thought experiment: with a payment of - let's make it a low average- THB 3.000 Baht looming, if you are just experiencing a normal cold or flu...how many people (in THIS financial situation) would go and "risk" a negative test?

Get a grip!

Edited by The Barmbeker

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

and it doesn't matter how many die from the virus as long as the idiots can still get their grog. Pathetic little person with no brain. Just check around the world and see how many other countries have their restaurants, bars, cafes and nightclubs closed to stop the spread of the virus and some countries even have alcohol restrictions in force as well.

Yeah?

How many of the aprox 200 countries on Earth?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Expat Tom said:

When the qualifications to govern are diluted to pure power, what else can you expect. Generals, whose only education is in military schools should not tasked with running a country.  

Sadly the army rules because the others robbed....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Come on folks, can you blame him.  Just take a look with open eyes and see what folks did.  As humans we are always guilty of this.  Carrying things to far and then ultimately we suffer from it.  Freedom to do is one thing, being ignorant is another.  

39 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

This could have easily been controlled by the supermarkets.

Good ... prepare for the masses ????

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1162996-tesco-lotus-sets-new-procedure-for-alcoholic-beverages-sales-amid-covid-19-risk/?utm_source=newsletter-20200506-1255&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

@Matzzon .... what I was talking about and looked for, is forward thinking, by ppl who put rules in place and loosen them up, and how they do it. With respect to 'what you can expect is going to happen, on Day 1 of a lift of a alcohol sales ban.

You however, just sit there and label everyone an alcoholic and shoot everyone down who goes into a shop buying a can of beer!

I'm really happy you are not the president of this country! ????

Edited by RedPill

3 minutes ago, Gary Maneval said:

Come on folks, can you blame him.  Just take a look with open eyes and see what folks did.  As humans we are always guilty of this.  Carrying things to far and then ultimately we suffer from it.  Freedom to do is one thing, being ignorant is another.  

I can blame for not thinking things through...........If I can see future grief, why can't the guy you're making excuses for....?