PM Prayut threatens return of restrictions if Covid-19 prevention measures not observed

webfact

50 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Nononononono....don't keep him engaged!

There are some on a very high horse here, who should be carefull not to fall on their behinds!

It's called an opinion that you don't happen to agree with.

if it means helping to prevent the spread of the virus, then i'd rather be on my "high horse" rather than perched on a beer stool all day.. 

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I disagree, the government when implementing restrictions or in words you may understand measures different from the norm, should think things through and at the very minimum, realise the implications they pose on others. Having said this I do agree that the government should have met with the traders and specified government acceptable requirements.

It is not any government's job to tell business how to implement government regulations, in the next breath you will be complaining about state dictatorship.

It is up to business and individuals to abide by the regulations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikosan said:

As I have stated before, the social gatherings, where people eat together, sharing food, using the same cutlery and crockery, even putting their fingers into the same sticky rice bowl etc. etc. happen regardless of alcohol sales bans, so a booze ban makes no difference whatsoever to the incidence of social gatherings. They will happen, booze or no booze, so banning the sale is a pointless exercise, if that is really what you are trying to achieve.

Of course, we all know that isn't the real reason, it's a junta flexing it's muscles and suppressing the poor. 

While that eating behaviour is correct, it is less likely for whole family groups and friends to gather together in the absence of alcohol. That's a behavioural truism, because the incentive to gather together is negated. A party without beer - no, we'll not go and visit. Being teetotal is simply not on the agenda.

So, IMO, it's not a pointless exercise by any means, and it's pretty obvious that the PM is more aware of Thai habits than us foreigners. 

• Haha 2

Trouble is there aren't any "regulations" it's all whispers a day or two before the " Order " is given and that's were living with. Hearsay, rumours and finally Orders that are readily changed or rescinded on the fly. The merchants literally don't know the so called "rules" as they change on a whim or a threat daily.

Incredible business acumen from the High Command.....wow so pathetic (but entertaining ) cause it really doesn't matter what we think now does it ? Enjoy the rest of the movie ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

Ok, so all the Thai ppl who 'run' on that alcohol in stores on Day 1 are all idiots? 

Or was that idiotic behavior created?  

Because just a few weeks back, it was the most normal thing, as long as I can think, the most non criminal thing, to buy a beer in a shop.

But not when the rules say you cant, send me a reply when the curfew is extended, beer is banned from sale again and shops  are closed again due to mindless people "not following the rules" that i and many cant understand the reasons for, but if they are not followed backwards we all go.

You are of course correct a couple of weeks ago it was most natural to by a beer and it not be a criminal offence but in the new rule period it was an offence and i say again the government will be looking to put the measures back in and mindless selfish idiots breaking the curfew or other things that are banned at present is the reason they will give.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

How true.......:thumbsup:

I even had a discussion with your about bar vs tesco's, remember ????

How many weeks back was that?

Edited by RedPill

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

Ppl get brainwashed way too far with this.

A few days back, I sat in an open air restaurant, day 1 of re-opening ... and said, for fun ... and now a nice cold beer. 

An old geezer on a table behind me freaked out ... it's the law ... the law ... in Thailand ... no alcohol ... in the UK 20k ppl died etc. etc.

I thought he's was getting close to an heart attack, that fast he exploded. 

People sitting 10 meter apart from each other ... with their partner, whom they share bed/shower and house ... can't have a beer together with lunch?

Where is the common sense in that?

5 minutes later, his friend arrived, and sat down closely, 20 centimeter next to him on the table. Talking (maybe even exchanging saliva) face to face.

That was alright, a stranger/friend, whom he's not sharing the house with ... next to him, 20 centimeter distance.

But a beer, no ... that's against the law. Complete w#@er and hypocrite.

Me again, this time i agree complete waste of time.

14 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I even had a discussion with your about bar vs tesco's, remember ????

How many weeks back was that?

I will have to rearrange my gray cells to find that one....????

54 minutes ago, Almer said:

But not when the rules say you cant, send me a reply when the curfew is extended, beer is banned from sale again and shops  are closed again due to mindless people "not following the rules" that i and many cant understand the reasons for, but if they are not followed backwards we all go

Yes, I understand that .... and I also don't disagree. I also obey these rules. I do it since 7-8 weeks now.

What I am talking about is ... people making a run, and why, in "general"?

It's just expected ... if you have half a brain, you can forecast this.

However irrational it is.

I didn't buy a box of beer yesterday, but I saw a Thai resort owner arriving with her pick up, 5 boxes of Singha and 3 boxes of Leo.

Where did that come from?

They have to pick up on their business again ... it's all been shutdown for many weeks! They have to make a living.

First day open, what do they do? They run to Macro, Tesco etc. to stock up ... plus all the private people on top who have been denied to 

buy a beer for 4 weeks!

Matzzon wants to brush all these people off as alcoholics ... completely off this world his opinions.

His opinion:

Planning ahead, maybe put measures in place (as Tesco's did today) ... no ... refused as an argument.

You are an alcoholic. Everyone who buys a beer is an alcoholic. Period.

Edited by RedPill

New restrictions: limits of how much alcohol one can buy, is already in other news.

And back to alcohol ban are highly likely, within short time. Read multiple news sources today and its very clear, the top are very upset about the hoarding of alcohol, and consider next step.

30 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

New restrictions: limits of how much alcohol one can buy, is already in other news.

And back to alcohol ban are highly likely, within short time. Read multiple news sources today and its very clear, the top are very upset about the hoarding of alcohol, and consider next step.

I haven't seen it, so how much can one buy at a time?

Not just here, but across the world world governments are exploiting the fear generated by the media-manufactured panic-demic to expand their control over our lives. 

This is what they really mean when they talk glibly about things never returning to the way the they were before COVID 19 became part of our lives.

Our biggest problem won't be defeating the virus, which will peter out eventually no matter anyone does. It will be telling powers that be where to stick their "new normal" - and showing them we mean it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Not just here, but across the world world governments are exploiting the fear generated by the media-manufactured panic-demic to expand their control over our lives. 

This is what they really mean when they talk glibly about things never returning to the way the they were before COVID 19 became part of our lives.

Our biggest problem won't be defeating the virus, which will peter out eventually no matter anyone does. It will be telling powers that be where to stick their "new normal" - and showing them we mean it.

I agree with you.

People start to go onto the streets already, everywhere around the world.

What do they say? Give me my freedom, or give me corona. I don't care.

Last week in the US, in Spain, and yesterday in Holland ... 

Tesco's opens up, alcohol for sale again ... what do they do ... they run for it, stock up. Either for their business or personal consumption.

You will see this turn coming ... ppl have done a lot over the past weeks. Until they don't take it anymore. 

Their jobs are lost, business are down, their near term future destroyed. 

You can obey all the rules ... which you think makes all sense.

It's easy to say if you are i.e. a pensioner, with a steady income stream, or you have savings, to sit it out.

But not for the people in their 20's or 50s, and their business is shut down for weeks, jobs lost. That has a much bigger impact on the 

way they behave. And soon, it either opens up ... or they don't take it anymore, go onto the streets and don't care about 150cm . My guess. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Nope, that is Tesco limiting how many people can be in the booze section at any one time.  There are no limits to how much you can buy.

So does the poster have a link to the news with limits on how much alcohol one can buy, or did he make it up?

10 hours ago, Mattd said:

Exactly right, the powers that be in their complete and utter stupidity create the problems and then blame it on the general public, it makes you wonder what is between their ears.

First ban the sale of alcohol for 3 weeks, right at the end of the first ban say it is going to be banned further until 31st May, 2 days later say it can be on sale again and then don't understand and complain when there is a rush to buy, so the obvious answers to them are either ban it again or restrict how many bottles one person can buy during restricted times, yeah that will work..................not!

The stupidity of this all defeats me!

You forgot the we will allow sales for 2 days and then ban it again

This whole "rush in, grab, get out" could be avoided, if the Master

had an almanac on his table, seeing that Monday and Wednesday

was holidays and therefore could extend the ban until Thursday.

And telling people not to go berserk when big shops opened again

on thursday. How hard can it be? 

The Man have no clue how to run anything!  

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Nope, that is Tesco limiting how many people can be in the booze section at any one time.  There are no limits to how much you can buy.

So does the poster have a link to the news with limits on how much alcohol one can buy, or did he make it up?

Ok, sorry, I thought that was what was asked.

The remaining ... is just the typical 'clear' situation ... 15 day ban, no a 30 day ban ... now it's only a 2 day window, tomorrow it's lifted completely, now a threat is will make a u-turn again, if you don't behave.

And some ppl on here want to argue and wonder why so many make a run as soon as it's available, on Day 1.

Edited by RedPill

14 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

If he hadn't laid down these draconian laws in the first place then there wouldn't have been a problem

Also the more you restrict timewise, the more bottlenecks you create

Obtuseness personified 

Alcohol sales in countries where there has been no restrictions have soared during the pandemic. For example, UK sales are up about 33% and the US up by about 22%.

A lot of people are spending money they don't have on Alcohol, all over the world. 

Please explain why the ban was a bad idea? 

The policy to limit sales per customer is a great idea.

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Alcohol sales in countries where there has been no restrictions have soared during the pandemic. For example, UK sales are up about 33% and the US up by about 22%.

A lot of people are spending money they don't have on Alcohol, all over the world. 

How do you know that they are spending money that they don't have?

I buy a case of Leo, that's 12 bottles.

Now, we have no idea what this limit is, but say they limit it to 2 bottles. That would mean that I will need to go to the shop 6 times instead of just once.

So making me go out to the shop 6 times instead of just once is a good idea? It makes shops more crowded.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Freedom ... ppl want to live in freedom and make their own decisions.

No one got infected by having a beer with his spouse at home ...

People got infected by snuggling up, hugging, handshaking, kissing for greetings etc.

Edited by RedPill

18 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It has soared because of a beer in these countries?

No one knows why it exactly hasn't soared here ... you can just be lucky it hasn't. Otherwise it would have been a pretty bad picture, with or without alcohol sales.

Social distancing has a lot to do with it, IMO ... but a strict alcohol ban, was not really the reason.

You can ban any groupings get together, whether on the beach or anywhere else ... with a cup of thee or a beer. 

Edited by RedPill