PM Prayut threatens return of restrictions if Covid-19 prevention measures not observed

webfact

37 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

What a very stupid little man.

Yes !  He should grow a silly looking little moustache, he would really look the part then. 

Total clown sitting in the head seat of office taking B S advice on the running of Thailand while he cannot resist his sub conscious habit of barking B S orders ! 

• Like 2

There is always a certain irony in the fact that folks who pulled off the ultimate "DON'T", which is possessing such arrogance that they decide on their own to overthrow a democratically elected govt, are the first to make all sorts of DON'Ts they demand everyone else follow. One wonders if they DON'T think there might be a pack of hungry Colonels plotting to pull off the same thing and impose a new will on the nation. Certainly they would be in no position to criticize nor would they occupy any higher moral ground if such a thing were to occur.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grge Soul said:

He seems to relish playing the role of God.

Get a grip.  "Playing God"?  

They relaxed a ban, people are caught immediately flouting the rules (having boozy social gatherings, breaking the curfew), he says if people continue flouting the rules he will bring in measures to prevent it, perhaps by limiting alcohol sales.  

And that's playing God in your book?   

Not sure if you noticed the global pandemic that Thailand is trying to navigate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Our Thai overlords making sure we understand that being allowed to leave the house and spend money is a privilege they'd be happy to revoke.

Someone tell me again why anyone stays here or comes here?  If I didn't have a family to take of, I'd leave tonight. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Folk adjusted to the 10pm-4am time lockdown, but they did not adjust to sitting indoors without a beer.....

So what does the "army" expect when the beer sales resumed....Folk know the army don't really have a clue, so folk will now, if they have any cash, stock up at home in case another U-turn....

Seeing how train passengers are having to travel like sardines, how come the army hasn't stopped train travel, FAR more risk to citizens than beer.....????

The army should learn their lesson, beer sales was/is not a problem ...............????

...The army should learn their lesson: don't mix with politics and stay in the barracks!

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

xactly right, the powers that be in their complete and utter stupidity create the problems and then blame it on the general public, it makes you wonder what is between their ears.

That's easy, a huge cavity where intelligent life should reside.

The governments logic:

Penalise the majority of law abiding citizens because of the actions of a few idiots, ban alcohol thus creating a shortage, lift the ban and wonder why there's panic buying on the first day.

Solution: leave the majority alone and sort out the idiots!!!

If you want to do something constructive go sort out the "social distancing" on mas transit lines..

or are you only capable of fiddling around with the easy issues?

• Like 2

People are selfish.  They will do whatever they can get away with.  You can’t remove restrictions and expect them to act responsibly.  Either leave the restrictions in place or issue new guidelines with proper thought on how the new guidelines are to be policed.  Did they really think people would act responsibly in places like the BTS, shopping Malls etc?  Why do authorities busy themselves with issuing proclamations but never do (or be someone does) the heavy lifting of planning and executing.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced on Tuesday (May 5) that both the public and private sectors should strictly apply social-distancing measures once the lockdown is lifted or restrictions will be applied again.

That´s a very good message. I hope people listen. Especially the alcohol needy elbow fighter over the last case of beer. I also hope he keeps his promise if the people do not listen.

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Get a grip.  "Playing God"?  

They relaxed a ban, people are caught immediately flouting the rules (having boozy social gatherings, breaking the curfew), he says if people continue flouting the rules he will bring in measures to prevent it, perhaps by limiting alcohol sales.  

And that's playing God in your book?   

Not sure if you noticed the global pandemic that Thailand is trying to navigate.

Would the honorable "josephbloggs" mind removing the beam from his eye?

Then he would maybe, realize the "playing god" allusion was, eventually, about the omnipresent authoritary style of this, obviously self imbued individual and the score of abusive, illegitimate, unjustified actions of this desoicable character in his (much too) long years of dictatorship, whatever the colour of "mask" it was hidden in.

Well, that is exactly the way people like me, who are not believers, would imagine a "god", ...through the ways of the believers in such a quack, which are in fact the ones allowing such a self-invented "leader" to usurpate the powers he abuses of to rob, all of, the people of their freedom! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Bet he believes in the five second rule too.  In Saigon, you are only asked to wear a mask in malls.  There is no spewing of nonsense from a silly tinpot with too much power and too little good sense.  There were also NO alcohol bands here at any time, day or night.  

There wasn't/isnt in China neither.

There have been many times that I have seen it stated by farang about Thai's not taking responsibility for their own actions. Well, here it is showing that the farangs are no better than the Thai's with not taking responsibility for their actions and it is because of these idiots both Thai and farang that has now closed our business and at least another 50 business permanently because they cannot take the responsibility of abiding by the restrictions but instead of looking at themselves and the responsibility of taking responsibility of their own actions they blame the government as an excuse of their own failings. Thanks for closing our business.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

People are selfish.  They will do whatever they can get away with.  You can’t remove restrictions and expect them to act responsibly.  Either leave the restrictions in place or issue new guidelines with proper thought on how the new guidelines are to be policed.  Did they really think people would act responsibly in places like the BTS, shopping Malls etc?  Why do authorities busy themselves with issuing proclamations but never do (or be someone does) the heavy lifting of planning and executing.

Well, see, that might be (one of) the difference(s) between Thais and Swedes. No "Thai bashing" in itself, as that is what has been made of, ...done to, these poor people in centuries, tens of generations, of medieval, abusive "elites"'s efforts. Some of these "elites" might have changed in time, but they still nowadays go on with their despicable policy.

When was the last time he went to Marko, Tesco, and Big C? The same sh it. What bad about it, it’s the Thai’s that are not following the social distance. I had to tell a Thai lady at Big C. Do you not know why they have red lines on floor.......????????????????????

Don’t think I am going to leave out you brainless Europeans too. The ones that send their Fg to do the shopping while they stand looking at her. 

1 hour ago, time2093 said:

Last month there were limitations on how many cartons of eggs you can buy in Makro and today its alcohol. Next month its limitations on how many people can go shopping in a mall. Cant wait for the following months rules.

Maybe only 2 in a bed at the same time , social distancing of course would cause both to fall out of bed.

23 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s a very good message. I hope people listen. Especially the alcohol needy elbow fighter over the last case of beer. I also hope he keeps his promise if the people do not listen.

It's not a good message.

That complete situation was created because of the alchohol ban.

... of course there will be a run on the first day. Did you expect anything else?

That get's better with day 2 and day 3 ... with the knowledge that it's just available now again.

With new threats (what you say is a 'good' message) ... people will continue to run and stock up ... out of fear (threat) the ban comes back.

I don't know, my normal common sense tells me that.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, david2923 said:

Yo Daddy has spoken 

It is funny, isn't it. Always putting 'threats', best while wearing a mil uniform. But thinking for the masses/nation ... no.

Edited by RedPill

4 minutes ago, natway09 said:

All the Ma & Pa shops had sold out during the ban, hence the large amounts of restocking 

yeah, and the last boxes last week went out of the door 'double price'.

Talk about creating a criminals ???? Seller a criminal, buyer a criminal ... just like that ... because of a ban.

And then acting surprised there is a run on alcohol on day 1 ... and new threats to ban again. 

Perfect way to drive ppl crazy.

Edited by RedPill

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Of course the narrow minded would blame the government, that is what they do.

The retailers are responsible for the sales and they should have taken steps to follow the governments ruling on social distancing, as well as the customers.

if the retailers are incapable of implementing government policy then the government has every right to ban or restrict the sale of problematic goods.

I disagree, the government when implementing restrictions or in words you may understand measures different from the norm, should think things through and at the very minimum, realise the implications they pose on others. Having said this I do agree that the government should have met with the traders and specified government acceptable requirements.

Just now, Shiver said:

It's easy to get alcohol.  You just have to put it on your hands and not down your throat. 

Well, wasn't that topic of a brain storming session during a press conference in a white house lately?