PM Prayut threatens return of restrictions if Covid-19 prevention measures not observed

webfact

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I think the booze ban was lifted to clear stocks now you idiots who are  abusing curfew and lockdown orders are playing straight into the big bosses hand

Who abused curfew and lockdowns? Who are the idiots you are referring to. 

A little bit more detail pls, otherwise I don't know how to read your statement correctly,

He also warned that if people still crowd stores to purchase booze, the government will once again impose a ban.

You caused this to happen. Your pathetic and unnecessary extension of the initial Songkran alcohol ban caused these crowds. Your plan made it impossible to social distance the day before the alcohol ban and the day after the alcohol ban. All this was caused by your decisions. Nobody else to blame. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

At least they haven't ban social and news sites on the internet ,like they have in the past

... that would have been pushing it, for a country claiming to be a democracy, changing uniform for suit & tie ... keeping up appearance ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I'll say it again, get a grip.

The way people on here over so over dramatic about everything, it is pathetic.  In trying to negotiate a global pandemic (which Thailand hasn't done so badly out of..........oh yeah, forgot the TVF narrative: made up numbers, lies, people dying in the streets) they put restrictions in place.  Things look up, they ease restrictions, people then immediately start breaking curfew, having boozy gatherings, PM says if things don't improve they will bring in restrictions again.  To you that's playing God, "usurpating (?) powers  he abuses to rob, all of, people of their freedom!".  Come on, read it back.  Slightly over dramatic??  Not even a bit?

Do I like Prayut or this government?  Nope.  Do I agree with an extended alcohol ban?  Nope (although I can reluctantly see a slight logic to one if done properly - which is wasn't).  Is a man God robbing me of my freedom?  Nope.

Get a grip.

Totally agree. Must be difficult enough controlling the populace without some 15,000 non-invested visitors making a din at the same time.

Wouldn't be so bad if they offered good alternatives but all you get is kindergarten level shrieking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shiver said:

It's easy to get alcohol.  You just have to put it on your hands and not down your throat. 

I had an oil massage yesterday , quite illegal , the lady even had a bottle of sanitiser , I said " Don't put that on me ".

Damn good way to have a healthy massage but engine oil would be better than sanitiser.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Of course the narrow minded would blame the government, that is what they do.

The retailers are responsible for the sales and they should have taken steps to follow the governments ruling on social distancing, as well as the customers.

if the retailers are incapable of implementing government policy then the government has every right to ban or restrict the sale of problematic goods.

Well you have made me laugh today, well done.......????

7 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Who abused curfew and lockdowns? Who are the idiots you are referring to. 

A little bit more detail pls, otherwise I don't know how to read your statement correctly,

Addressed to the idiots who decide  to do whatever whenever they like, so the "you idiots" referred to anybody who risks extending or continuing the current rules at great expense to many, meaning, the thai families who have no work etc due to continuing rules.

• Like 1

Prayuth is not the brightest tool in the box  he even  has C&A in his knickers

NOW before the outcry from possibly ignorant people 

C&A is a Belgian-German-Dutch chain of fast-fashion retail clothing stores, with European head offices in Vilvoorde, Belgium, and Düsseldorf,

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Getting really bored of this now. Every time I turn my laptop on there is yet another threat from this <deleted>

Open the bars, get rid of the curfew and accept we all realise who is boss. Get YOUR people back to work

and it doesn't matter how many die from the virus as long as the idiots can still get their grog. Pathetic little person with no brain. Just check around the world and see how many other countries have their restaurants, bars, cafes and nightclubs closed to stop the spread of the virus and some countries even have alcohol restrictions in force as well.

9 minutes ago, Almer said:

Addressed to the idiots who decide  to do whatever whenever they like, so the "you idiots" referred to anybody who risks extending or continuing the current rules at great expense to many, meaning, the thai families who have no work etc due to continuing rules.

Ok, so all the Thai ppl who 'run' on that alcohol in stores on Day 1 are all idiots? 

Or was that idiotic behavior created?  

Because just a few weeks back, it was the most normal thing, as long as I can think, the most non criminal thing, to buy a beer in a shop.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

and it doesn't matter how many die from the virus as long as the idiots can still get their grog. Pathetic little person with no brain. Just check around the world and see how many other countries have their restaurants, bars, cafes and nightclubs closed to stop the spread of the virus and some countries even have alcohol restrictions in force as well.

It stopped here 3 weeks ago, dont forget to stand straight when youre waiting inline for your next instructions boy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

How many of the planets 251 countries ,don't allow the sale of beer, wine or spirits, so their populace can't sit in doors with a drink, because of Corvid19........?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

You do understand that there are virtually NO Covid-19 cases in Thailand now. The alcohol ban is illogical - I rarely drink these days so I haven't got a horse in that particular race - it serves little purpose (once Songkran was out the way) and if the intention is to prevent group gatherings then police that aspect rather than booze sales. 

Thailand is fortunate (and pretty well managed) to have such little impact from CV19 and now is the time to ease restrictions and start a slow process of getting people back to work....... no need for anyone in authority to try and show how big their ba11s are.

• Like 1

What is it with red lines and arrows . A waste of time that is what it is.  Follow the red arrows going in and there they are people coming towards you .  Busy on their phones , don't see the arrows. Then the red lines across  the aisles ,

supposed to show you how to keep your distance .  I stop on a line as alc. to my left , someone else stops on the same line as pepsi on the right.   But I suppose it all looks like something is being done.

1 minute ago, transam said:

How many of the planets 251 countries ,don't allow the sale of beer, wine or spirits, so their populace can't sit in doors with a drink, because of Corvid19........?

South Africa was one

41 minutes ago, RedPill said:

It's not a good message.

That complete situation was created because of the alchohol ban.

... of course there will be a run on the first day. Did you expect anything else?

That get's better with day 2 and day 3 ... with the knowledge that it's just available now again.

With new threats (what you say is a 'good' message) ... people will continue to run and stock up ... out of fear (threat) the ban comes back.

I don't know, my normal common sense tells me that.

Yes, and my normal common sense tells me that everyone that runs after alcohol and fights about the last boxes in the shops have no clue about how to deal with their needs and urges. That´s exactly the marks that defines most alcoholics.

If you do not get that. Don´t bother to reply.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Prayut.. the unpopular populist. What a moron.  My guess is he is one of the world leaders that will lose out after COVID. He is creating social unrest with his moronic control freak crackdowns.

When he limits bottles people have to go back more often to stock up exposing themselves to more risk. He really is dumb as a brick.

Edited by Ketyo

Picture from macro which many businesses use ... social distancing a bigger problem than people purchasing alcohol / now it’s being limited to how many bottles you can purchase ! Monday - Friday one bottle a day if your good two bottles at weekends 

-

main issues not being sorted “. Businesses closing down and schools still on lockdown and whilst all this happening the baht still remains strong ! 

Oooooh, aren't they just loving this........ Dangling carrots and then threatening taking something away from you...... Just like little kids........ Honestly ?    Pi&% Pot........    Will anybody be sad to see the end of this lot ?  

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course the narrow minded would blame the government, that is what they do.

The retailers are responsible for the sales and they should have taken steps to follow the governments ruling on social distancing, as well as the customers.

if the retailers are incapable of implementing government policy then the government has every right to ban or restrict the sale of problematic goods.

Like guns. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and my normal common sense tells me that everyone that runs after alcohol and fights about the last boxes in the shops have no clue about how to deal with their needs and urges. That´s exactly the marks that defines most alcoholics.

If you do not get that. Don´t bother to reply.

Hey, sunbeam, in farangland, where you come from, folk were fighting over toilet rolls, so what are they, sh_taholics.....? 

May I point out, you should not demean others as most of you stuff is ............????..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Why you tell me don't bother to reply? Are you government?

Is only your opinion the correct one, on the whole of this planet? On this discussion forum?

I will reply.

This is not about me ... did you see me in that picture of the article ... or in the news on Thai TV yesterday?

No, you see masses of Thai people ... that's the behavior the government created. 

And it was very easy to forecast that on Day 1 of lifting the alcohol ban, there would be a run on it.

Without a threat ... this would naturally ease and cool down with Day 2 and Day 3 ... if there are no new threats.

It's just normal mass behavior, and politicians should have a feeling for this. 

If there is a threat for a lockdown ... ppl run for toilet paper

If there is a threat for a alcohol ban ... ppl run for alcohol

Careful, Mazz wants folk like you deported, and I ain't joking............????

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Careful, Mazz wants folk like you deported, and I ain't joking............????

.... then he has to deport half of the nation, too, because if I look at the picture ... I see Thai's. All thinking the same thing I just posted above ... normal, or expected mass behavior ... I get as many boxes of beer as I can (or toilet paper), before it runs out, or get's banned again.

Edited by RedPill