Thailand reports one new coronavirus case, one new death

webfact

Thailand reports one new coronavirus case, one new death

s2.reutersmedia copy.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Wednesday reported one new coronavirus case and one new death, a senior health official said.

The death was of a 69-year-old Australian male who was a hotel manager in the southern province of Phang-nga, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, spokesman for the government’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

The new case of infection by the coronavirus was of a 27-year-old female patient who had returned from Russia, he said.

Thailand has reported a total of 2,989 cases and 55 fatalities since the outbreak began in January.

There are 173 patients being treated at hospital and a total 2,761 patients have recovered.

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng; Editing by Tom Hogue)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-06

42 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Given the one case came from abroad, we are effectively at zero, so continued restrictions seem somewhat unnecessary. Aside from those already infected, the bug isn't out there to catch.

Nobody hops over the border do they????

I wouldn’t advocate crossing the Mekong from Laos at Chiang Khan, because the river gets very shallow there at times, and i mean really shallow....you could stub a toe on a pebble easy walking across in the dead of night. ?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

82,627 total tests done in total????????

No wonder it's like the Guns of Navarone every morning at my house

I must hear at least 5/6 funeral fireworks a day and I live in a small village

DON'T test, DON'T tell

96085996_1571654212996802_8376188840070610944_o.jpg

Where did you spot that graph in?

59 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Yesterday 63 fatalities on the road, more than 4 months of Covid.

People keep driving motorcycles without helmets but at least they are wearing a mask.

Human brain is amazing.

It is incredible isn't it. I have seen many people on their bikes in masks but no helmet. Just bizarre. 

Anyway, at the moment it seems like there are zero new transmissions in country over the last few days. If that continues then that is great news. 

18 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

twitter, a Thai person posted it, who also doesn't believe this shìte

Ah.. maybe it's the friendly facebook leaker again, the former minister .. I'll check.

No, it's not surapongofficial, although he did post an updated test number graph on April 22:

94317949_2511576645609144_22786293104472

Must be another friendly deep throat in the MoPH. Keep 'em coming.

EDIT: user netpracharat in facebook has some more MoPH graphs.

Edited by DrTuner

Found the source of the graph: https://www.netpracharat.com/News/NewsPr/Detail.aspx?id=2450

They actually have some google drive folders containing interesting documents. I shall dig in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZyLlpUmTrft1zB_nnRW3sOy7u2trA8VJ/view

Data collected by:  Department of Disease Control and Medical Innovation Operations Center And research and development National Research Office (NRCT) Ministry of Higher Education (OIE)

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's one particularly interesting slide:

gNl5sdNygT.jpg

Which seems to be a breakdown of how PUIs were found. One may note "Active case finding" is just 31. If that's the tracing part of their test & tracing system, we ain't going to be opening the hammering lockdowns anytime soon.

If interested in what it takes to wrangle the virus into control, take time to read through this series: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-learning-how-to-dance-b8420170203e

EDIT: In case you want to translate images from Thai to English with Google, this works: https://cloud.google.com/vision

Edited by DrTuner

Only one new Covid-19 case but one patient dies

By The Nation

800_4f79520cce7e5b2.jpg?v=1588743625

Only one new Covid-19 case was reported while one patient died over a 24-hour period, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Wednesday (May 6).

Cumulatuve Covid-19 cases increased to 2,989.

The only new case was that of a 27-year-old Thai masseuse who had returned from Russia. She started to feel sick on May 1 and flew back to Thailand on May 3. She was found to be infected when she was about to enter state quarantine.

The only fatality was a 69-year-old Australian hotel manager in Phang Nga, who suffered from asthma. He visited a local clinic on March 25 when he experienced breathing difficulties. His condition later got worse and he was transferred to a private hospital in Phuket when oxygen in his blood dropped dramatically. He died on May 5.

Meanwhile, 14 people have fully recovered and returned home. Patient recovery percentage is 92.37.

As of May 6, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 2,989 -- 173 are under treatment, 2,761 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 55 deaths.

Globally, there have been more than 3.6 million confirmed cases and around 250,000 deaths

Meanwhile, the public health ministry will soon release details of the 40 cases in Yala, who after initially testing positive for Covid-19 were confirmed to be negative.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387379

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-06

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The bug is in the air,everywhere I look around

The bug is in the air,every sight and every sound

And I don,t know if I,m being foolish

Don,t know if I,m being wise

But it,s something I must believe in

And it,s there when I look in uncle "P,s" eyes...........

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

joking aside lets hope were turning the corner here :thumbsup:

I think John Paul-Young, would like that.

Must agree, I hope corner has been turned. 

So if the graph provided a few posts back is correct and a total test figure is circa 84k...........

That is circa 0.12 %  just over one eighth of one percent of the population of around 70,000 million.

How the hell is this deemed fit as a representation of the true covid 19 issue in Thailand, its just a total sham and charade........... my figures must be wrong!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

I read there have been over 11,000 deaths so far in 2020 caused by Pneumonia and not including BKK :shock1:

Interesting where did you read that...... maybe a special covid 19 strain of Pneumonia?

5 minutes ago, sapson said:

So if the graph provided a few posts back is correct and a total test figure is circa 84k...........

That's probably tests in government facilities, privates are on top of that and then you get the daily talking head number touted on telly and seen on worldometer.

The real number I want to know are the tests conducted in reference labs. You need to have a positive from two of them to be included in these daily counts, the others are unreported.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

I read there have been over 11,000 deaths so far in 2020 caused by Pneumonia and not including BKK :shock1:

I'd like a source.

Last time MoPH reported the vital stats for pneumonia to WHO was in 2016:

Thailand had 28470 deaths recorded due to pneumonia in 2016. We are in May and if that figure excludes BKK, it seems a bit high-ish.

Edited by DrTuner

33 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Here's one particularly interesting slide:

gNl5sdNygT.jpg

Which seems to be a breakdown of how PUIs were found. One may note "Active case finding" is just 31. If that's the tracing part of their test & tracing system, we ain't going to be opening the hammering lockdowns anytime soon.

If interested in what it takes to wrangle the virus into control, take time to read through this series: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-learning-how-to-dance-b8420170203e

EDIT: In case you want to translate images from Thai to English with Google, this works: https://cloud.google.com/vision

Your digging and analysis are appreciated. I sincerely hope at some point you stumble into the folder that has the total number of deaths by month in Thailand. Even if it lacked specific attribution to cause, it might give an idea if there's been a bump in these past four months. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sapson said:

That is circa 0.12 %  just over one eighth of one percent of the population of around 70,000 million.

How the hell is this deemed fit as a representation of the true covid 19 issue in Thailand, its just a total sham and charade........... my figures must be wrong!!

But,but, but I swear we have it under control.  I mean the control is we just don't test so what we don't know won't hurt us, says the fine officials here in Thailand. You gotta laugh at the sheer audacity where they think the world believes their story... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You gotta laugh at the sheer audacity where they think the world believes their story... 

It's pretty much each and every Thai government body doing the same faux PR stuff. TAT, anybody?

As the saying goes.. don't Thai to me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's pretty much each and every Thai government body doing the same faux PR stuff. TAT, anybody?

As the saying goes.. don't Thai to me.

EGG Zactly, If their lips are a movin then they a lyin...

30 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I'd like a source.

Last time MoPH reported the vital stats for pneumonia to WHO was in 2016:

Thailand had 28470 deaths recorded due to pneumonia in 2016. We are in May and if that figure excludes BKK, it seems a bit high-ish.

Ok but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment here are some screen shots as well.
First is 2019 top record

Second 2020

3rd 2020 Translated to English with google

https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report_eis.php?source=formated/death298.php&cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2&id=b4ea22252bb533f3f9225dfcab83d43a

Pneumonia-2019 - Copy.jpg

Pneumonia-2020 - Copy.jpg

pneumonia-death-2020.jpg

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Thanks 1